Topic Options
#415333 - 03/09/10 08:49 PM General Introductions
Wormwood536 Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm not sure if there's an Intro thread here, I get lost pretty easily to tell the truth. Suffice it to say, this should work as a thread for me and others to announce our presence here.

My name is Wormwood The Profane, or just Wormwood. I use the secondary title largely because I have a very inappropriate sense of humor (depending on whom you ask). And honestly I'm here less to discuss the details of Satanism, and more to talk about the ramifications of Satanism in everyday life. What are some Satanic perceptions on war, psychology, or art? Hopefully I can get a chance to see what people of the mind have to say about these concepts. Anyway, I digress. Hello everyone, I look forward to stimulating debate and discussion with you. Hail!

#415334 - 03/09/10 08:57 PM Re: General Introductions [Re: Wormwood536]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Welcome to the board. My views of war (I just got back from Iraq) can be found in my book The Devil's Soapbox, which is availible for purchase at Lulu.com.

#415337 - 03/09/10 09:42 PM Re: General Introductions [Re: Wormwood536]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Though I'm sure you'll find entertaining discussion here, not much in the way of debate goes on in these parts. That leaves everyone free to tend to more important or entertaining matters.

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#415371 - 03/10/10 01:15 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: Wormwood536]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Take a look at what Rev. Daark posted last year, and apply it to your question:

The CoS takes no stances on political issues, aside from those spelled out quite clearly and unambiguously in Pentagonal Revisionism.

i.e. taxation of all churches, and clear separation of church and state. Other than that, each CoS Member is free to determine what political perspective benefits them the most personally.

As to the more purely philosophical questions, the CoS does not provide (or feel compelled to provide) pre-digested answers to every possible philosophical question related to the application of Satanic philosophy, either in the abstract or as applied to the real world.

Different CoS Members would analyze and answer each of your four questions in different ways dependent upon the degree of their understanding of Satanic dogma, their intelligence, and unique life experiences and personal goals.

Satanism is a religion of radical individualism; there are bedrock dogmas all Satanists naturally agree with (or they would not be Satanists by definition); but the assumption that the Church of Satan as an organizational entity has a hyper-specific set of "official" answers to questions such as yours is incorrect.

This is not an evasion of your questions, but a reframing of the context in which the questions occur.

If you seek opinions, you will def finitely get them here.

Do keep in mind this is the public section of the board - and there are non Satanists here also.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#415374 - 03/10/10 01:28 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: Wormwood536]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Different Satanists feel differently about different wars.

As for psychology, Doktor LaVey did state a couple of times that he felt Satanism was a link between psychiatry and religion; I would imagine some Satanists who have degrees in psychology would have some interesting, and individual views on the matter.

As for art, many Satanists are creative people. There are some who create extraordinary visual art, in many different styles. There are some who are musicians, and regardless of how you feel about their chosen genre, most are quite skillful in their craft. Again, many are writers of one kind or another.

As a religion of individuals, the entirety of Satanic art is vast in its diversity and quality. Not all of it is dark of scary, either! wink

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#415379 - 03/10/10 01:46 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: NapalmNick]
Wormwood536 Offline

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. SomethingLikeEvil, I've read about your book and really look forward to reading it.

#415381 - 03/10/10 02:05 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: Wormwood536]
Demetra Offline

Loc: FL
Wow, I'm suprised at the general enthusiasm for someone who's keystrokes speak louder than his actions!

My excess of sin, is proof that I exist...Demetra

#415385 - 03/10/10 02:52 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: Demetra]
Demetra Offline

Loc: FL
You struck me so I must strike back! Why do certain people ascertain to the fact that because of your mention of war, and your inquiry that it seems to give you a common bond, but my reality and my experiences have no such return? As I know you on a personal level, you wouldn't know the the first thing about a weapon if it were to be put in front of you! You wouldn't know how to revive the life of your buddy if he lay next to you near to death...stop putting words where you see them fit for the reason of embelishment and make things happen! You have a great mind, put it to work for the purpose of reality, not irrationality!

My excess of sin, is proof that I exist...Demetra

#415388 - 03/10/10 03:27 AM Re: General Introductions [Re: Demetra]
Wormwood536 Offline

Well I did deserve that.
If I did come across a loaded gun, I'd probably shoot my foot off if I handled it, despite my personal fascination with weapons of all sorts.
As for being able to revive a friend or not. I did receive basic CPR training in the Boy Scouts. And I did learn the most basic type of first aid from my family who is in the medical field. However I have never had need to use it. So I can honestly say I don't know if I would have the presence of mind to use it.
I do need more activity and less talk though. So maybe I should do more reading and less talking.

Edited by Wormwood536 (03/10/10 06:02 PM)

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406083 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements