Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#416693 - 03/23/10 04:07 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: MagdaGraham]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Quote:
She has appeared on the "The Early Show," "The Wanda Sykes Show" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to talk about how she is fighting for tolerance. DeGeneres presented her with a $30,000 college scholarship from Tonic, a digital media company. A Facebook page set up by the ACLU for McMillen has over 400,000 fans.

Damn, it really pays to be a victim!

Hmmm... come to think of it, I wasn't allowed to get on the city bus earlier today. The driver said the bus was full, but I just know it was because I was wearing my trench coat! I demand justice!!! coopdevil

#416697 - 03/23/10 05:16 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: M.D. Roche]
Liberterius Offline

#416698 - 03/23/10 05:29 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: Liberterius]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Quote:
Further, the court says that since the school represented the private prom being organized by parents at a furniture store as open to all students, then the court expects that event will indeed invite McMillen and her girlfriend.

...but wouldn't it be hilarious if they weren't allowed at that one, either? smirk

But seriously, good for her and lesbo prom dates everywhere.

#416714 - 03/23/10 08:53 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: M.D. Roche]
Liberterius Offline

Indeed. I'm pleased with how it all turned out in the end, good court ruling.

#416721 - 03/23/10 09:30 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: Liberterius]
Murkylight Offline

Loc: Canada
Sorry I'm late, we held an intervention for my avatar and hauled her ass off to rehab. As you can see, she has changed her gender and is looking for gainful employment while studying law at the halfway house.

Here is my favourite line from the sites linked above:

"This case is different because this is not just dress, it is a higher claim of personal identity," Haynes said. "I think that if the student prevails in this case, it will send a message to school districts that they need to accommodate students now who are openly gay and lesbian and want to participate in student activities," Haynes said.

Beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I envision these guys eating shit in stale, malformed little morsels spaced frequently throughout the continuum of their careers.

Yes Phinias, there really is a dark, secret, gay underground that recruits innocent hets like in an Alice in Wonderland transformative experience. If you slip down the rabbit hole...well...it means too much lube was in use at the time. smile

- George Carlin -

#416722 - 03/23/10 09:37 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: Murkylight]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Murkylight
If you slip down the rabbit hole...well...it means too much lube was in use at the time.

I hate when that happens!

#416735 - 03/23/10 10:39 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: M.D. Roche]
Murkylight Offline

I know! And the real bitch is finding them once they're down there!

- George Carlin -

#416779 - 03/24/10 09:07 AM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: ROA]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#416800 - 03/24/10 01:37 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: M.D. Roche]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well, better too much lube, than too little, right?

Oh, and ::::insert Richard Gere joke here::::.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#416804 - 03/24/10 02:08 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: MagdaGraham]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
It was quite interesting to see that the case has now become so prominent that our local pro-gay newspaper reported the verdict (we don't really have any anti-gay mainstream media, but this one is the only one yet to use gay people in advertising itself).

Also, not to make any political commentary, but to show how different things can get - the main issue in the newspapers here is that the conservative party has come out in favor of gay marriages - not registered partners, we've had that for many years, but they are in favor of forcing the state church to have rituals for gay people as well.

#416807 - 03/24/10 02:27 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: verszou]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: verszou
Also, not to make any political commentary, but to show how different things can get - the main issue in the newspapers here is that the conservative party has come out in favor of gay marriages - not registered partners, we've had that for many years, but they are in favor of forcing the state church to have rituals for gay people as well.

"Conservative" as in Libertarians (the true sense of the word) or radical Christian Republican neo-Cons?

If it's the latter, this is indeed further evidence of a new Satanic age.

#416812 - 03/24/10 03:10 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: M.D. Roche]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: MALFORM
Originally Posted By: verszou

"Conservative" as in Libertarians (the true sense of the word) or radical Christian Republican neo-Cons?

If it's the latter, this is indeed further evidence of a new Satanic age.

It's difficult to put exactly in American political terms.

We have very few real libertarians, but we have a government based on two parties who will probably identify themselves with the republicans rather than the democrats. But even our right wing is placed somewhere in liberal parts of the republican party.

But our conservatives are normally know for "God, kingdom and country", hardliners on crime, against taxes (which over here means 'no we think 50% should be enough', which gives you an idea of the gap between European and American conservative smile Still just stating differences, not taking asking for debate on which side is right).

But they are very much a christian party, by our standards of christianity, so it is significant. But their stance is that in order to save state sponsored christianity the church has to move according to popular opinion, not according to scripture. Which again interestingly enough has given rise to some priests asking for a separation of church and state smile

I'd guess that to some Americans I'm living in Bizzaro world smile

#416832 - 03/24/10 08:54 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: verszou]
Murkylight Offline

Verszou, this is fascinating to hear about because it opens up my thinking in terms of what can happen in a society. For the party to see how they could benefit from same-sex marriage, although not for the reason I would personally prefer, is a remarkable political development. In Canada,we can marry and are also considered common-law automatically after one year together. The conservatives fought this tooth and nail. The Conservatives are now in power and have just removed information about rights for gays, lesbians and transexuals from the immigratioin guidebook. We are protected by federal law but this information is now not being offered to newcomers, who may come from very, very socially harsh climates where we basically get jailed or killed if found out.

But I have to say, your post is an inspiration to me!

- George Carlin -

#416843 - 03/24/10 10:59 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: verszou]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Not at all, this whole planet is a Bizzaro world.

#416898 - 03/25/10 10:31 PM Re: Oppressed lesbian student fights back [Re: TrojZyr]
Murkylight Offline

Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
Well, better too much lube, than too little, right?

Oh, and ::::insert Richard Gere joke here::::.

Apparently it's better when the gerbils are shaved. cool

- George Carlin -

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements