Topic Options
#41635 - 05/25/04 09:15 AM End of the world
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm looking in to joining... need to know these things

Does the CoS believe in the end of the world like other religions? I understand that it's a philosophy. A pretty good one too but is there an end of the world?

It would work best for me if someone could give me the url for an online version of the Satanic Bible. I could read it then and find my own answers

#41636 - 05/25/04 09:20 AM Re: End of the world
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Instead of asking 100 questions read the Church of Satan website: http://www.churchofsatan.com

Read The Satanic Bible.

Satanism is not a religion of mindless "joiners."
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#41637 - 05/25/04 09:23 AM Re: End of the world [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've gone through that site already. I'm not mindless which is why I'm asking these questions. I need to know these things for myself.

#41638 - 05/25/04 09:31 AM Re: End of the world
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Satanism does not offer the line of ungrounded speculation found in other religions.

There will probably be an "end of the world" someday - chances are you and I will not be around to see it.

If it does happen in our lifetime, pull up a chair - how often do you get to see the end of the world?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini

#41639 - 05/25/04 09:33 AM Re: End of the world [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

hahaha

I'll just live life to it's fullest and maybe buy a copy of the Satanic Bible. Still looking into joining the religion (philosophy) though

#41640 - 05/25/04 09:35 AM Re: End of the world
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I'll just live life to it's fullest and maybe buy a copy of the Satanic Bible.

Very good Grasshopper.

#41641 - 05/25/04 10:52 AM Re: End of the world
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

It would work best for me if someone could give me the url for an online version of the Satanic Bible. I could read it then and find my own answers

I notice you added this later.

That is copyright infringement. Bad. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Stop being a cheapskate, shell out the $7.99 for your own copy. If you can't afford that, you have more important fish to fry than affiliating with the CoS.

#41642 - 05/25/04 02:11 PM Re: End of the world
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

You mean, an ILLEGAL version of TSB. Since you're asking this, it not only appears that you haven't read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey, nor have you read the official Church of Satan website, but you also skipped the Satanism FAQ located embarrasssingly close to this very post in the thread list.

If it's a matter of simply not wanting to shell out a few measly bucks for a paperback, then don't be surprised if we aren't all that receptive to a barrage of questions which could be answered by the aforementioned material, anyway.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#41643 - 05/26/04 10:30 PM Re: End of the world
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
You should consider purchasing the Satanic Bible. It will answer many of your questions.

Here is the URL for the CoS Emporium's copy for sale. The shipping is free for USA customers. http://www.cosemporium.com/customer/product.php?productid=37&cat=2&page=1

HS!
Priestess Helena

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements