Topic Options
#417039 - 03/28/10 01:09 AM My introduction
Scumbot Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hello friends, I'm the new guy, and I'll start out by saying a few words about myself. I found Satanism about 2 years ago, and have been doing my research on it since then(not in an obsessive, Satanism is the air I breathe, I am an all knowing Dark Lord sort of way, but you get the gist) and having made rather limited progress in discussing the topic with others, have sought out you lovely folks. Anywho, as a child I was sent to Catholic school till I was in 6th grade at the behest of my parents back when they had faith. Around 7th grade my Dad stopped going to church but my mother and I continued to go. I can still remember the brainwashing attempts that were being put towards me in the forms of questions like: "If you go to church and your best friend doesn't, and refuses to be converted, then is that really your friend?" or "It's nice that you have a little girlfriend, but if she refuses to be saved, don't you think it's pointless to date her since she will go to hell anyways?" and so on etc. I mentioned this to my mother when we were driving home from church one day and she pulled the car over to the side of the road and we had a little chat. Apparently they had been saying the same sort of things to her about my Dad, it turned out that she kept going because she thought I wanted to go, I kept going because I thought she wanted to be there, neither of us actually had any desire to go to church, we declared Atheism that day.
Several years have passed since then and I find myself in my mid 20's, at a book store and I see it, The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor Lavey, that forbidden tome of dark secrets and evil revelation staring out at me from amidst the shelf of new age and metaphysical. I dared a few pages, then a few more, I won't claim to have experienced a ground breaking epiphany so much as I thought that what the book was saying to me just seemed to...make. sense. And I left with my new purchase, finished reading it that night. Then I gradually sought out Lavey's other books, and after having digested them as well, read Gilmore's Scriptures, of which I am also quite fond.
A little more about me, I'm still searching for my true calling in this world, though I am somewhat musically inclined(entirely in the electronic spectrum of music, I can barely hold a guitar properly) and fancy myself as a bit of an outdoorsman. In my spare time I usually find myself walking for hours on end(I live in a big city, so it's more of an urban hike), exploring the landscape and seeing what kind of adventures I can make for myself. But not to tire you with my intro track I'll end it by saying that I'm glad I have found his place, and look forward to what kind of mentally stimulating fruit I can reap.

Hail Satan!

#417714 - 04/04/10 12:11 AM Re: My introduction [Re: Scumbot]
6nat6ive6 Offline

theres like 60 views and noone has said shit sooo...there it is

#417717 - 04/04/10 01:42 AM Re: My introduction [Re: Scumbot]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
A somewhat rambling introduction. grin

Not a bad one though.

I like a lot of electronica myself. Due to me being somewhat older than you I can remember when the early synth bands hit the scene. People like Kraftwerk had been experimenting with synth music from as early as about 1974. But in the late seventies and into the eighties along came John Foxx and then Gary Numan & The Tubeway Army. And the little known but influential album, Fourth Drawer Down by The Associates came in 1981.

And they changed music forever. It wasn't until quite a few years later that most people came to accept how important in the development of music the genre was.

Anyway, this is something of a rambling reply. grin

Welcome to the forums.

#417810 - 04/05/10 04:24 AM Re: My introduction [Re: 6nat6ive6]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Behave yourself or I'll take off my belt and use it son.

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43642 Topics
404168 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements