Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#417626 - 04/03/10 08:01 AM My introduction.
JBA Offline

Hi all.

I'll be completely honest when I say I've never read the Satanic bible. I've only come across the CoS website recently, googling "Satanism" out of curiosity. I read the 9 Satanic Statements, the Eleven Satanic Rules of Earth, etc which is the basics of it. But I'm well aware that to fully grasp the concept of it all I need to read the bible itself and the other books.

But from reading the various articles on the site, and a few of the posts in here I'm fascinated with it all and I agree with it all so far.

You see, I've never even HEARD of the Church of Satan being an actual religion. I've even read a few times (don't ask me where, I've long forgotten) that it isn't considered an actual religion, but as some evil deity in Christianity, and other kinds of literature.

So it really blew me away when I came across the CoS website. And a lot of what I've gathered in my mind over time resonates with Satanism.

Anyway, I live in Australia and as far as I know there is little knowledge about the CoS. I'm not even sure if they sell the Satan bible down here, but I'll definitely enquire about it.

So basically, I'm just here to browse and learn whatever I can in the time being. Please don't ban me because I have lesser knowledge than the rest of you. You probably fear that I may get annoying, if I comment on stuff that I know nothing about. But I'll do my best not to get in the way.

#417627 - 04/03/10 08:16 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Welcome, JBA.

If you are searching for recommendations toward deeper study of Satanism, in my opinion you couldn't find better place ("maybe" CoS site itself).
A lot of questions on that topic were already answered in here, by the CoS Priesthood.

Enjoy your stay. smile

#417630 - 04/03/10 09:01 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Hello JBA.

Yes, they most certainly do sell The Satanic Bible in Australia, and it can be bought online and shipped to nearly anywhere in the world anyway; and there are Church of Satan Members in Australia; some of them post here.

You are currently in no danger at all of being banned based on what you have written. None. Trust me about that, I am one of the ones who would actually ban you if that were the case.

grin

The sooner you purchase and read TSB (The Satanic Bible) the sooner you will know how far your resonance with Satanism goes. Like you, I "discovered" Satanism by random chance online years ago via the official Church of Satan website. It only took me a few minutes thereafter to think of myself as a Satanist quite comfortably.

Reading The Satanic Bible came shortly after that and confirmed my initial impression only more strongly.

One note. We here are very particular about a few things. Not referring to our base literature incorrectly is quite important, and is easy to do. It is "The Satanic Bible", not "the Satan bible". Capitalized. Failure to get this right (as well as misspelling the name of the founder of Satanism, and things like that) will irk those here greatly. How you treat basic details of written communication is very much noticed here.

Until you have read TSB, reading posts here more than posting is perhaps wise. This is only a suggestion of course.

Enjoy your time here.

HS!

#417658 - 04/03/10 12:30 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: Quaark]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
It sounds like you're well on your way. Welcome aboard.

P.S. - I got my copy of TSB at Amazon for under $10. All major book retailers such as Borders and Barnes & Noble would also have no problem ordering you a copy. Chances are you won't find it at your local library, thanks to mischievous little kids who think it's cool to steal.

#417660 - 04/03/10 12:33 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: MALFORM
It sounds like you're well on your way. Welcome aboard.

Why, thank you, that is very kind!

grin

You may want to check who you are replying to, Malform.

#417665 - 04/03/10 12:44 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: Quaark]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

D'oh! zombie

#417666 - 04/03/10 12:46 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

It's OK.

It's nice to hear being told I'm "well on my way in Satanism".

Feedback never hurts!

grin

#417676 - 04/03/10 02:18 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
lhpjeffery Offline

Loc: Ohio
Indeed, it does in fact sound like you're well on your way. I would also suggest picking up The Satanic Scriptures by High Priest Peter H. Gilmore, along with a copy of The Satanic Bible by founder Anton Szandor LaVey. Both are very insightful views on what the organization/philosophy is about. If it serves as a mirror, as it did for me, then you'll soon realize, you were a born Satanist & it best describes what & who you are.

#417677 - 04/03/10 02:26 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: lhpjeffery]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

I agree: The Satanic Scriptures is just as important as The Satanic Bible. It clarifies and expands upon TSB quite nicely in ways that are practical and relevant to our day and age.

#417691 - 04/03/10 07:15 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Once you get through the "canonical" texts, might I suggest picking up Magister Sass' book 'Essays in Satanism' (from Lulu.com)?

His essay entitled 'Deep Satanism: An Introduction to Project Faust' is amazing and really set the pace for my own reading schedule and content.

From there, you can read the books and watch the films on the CoS' Reading Lists. Magister Paradise's book 'Bearing The Devil's Mark' has a good reading list in the appendices too!

Just a thought!

#417692 - 04/03/10 07:20 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: Original Sly]
lhpjeffery Offline

Originally Posted By: Original Sly
Once you get through the "canonical" texts, might I suggest picking up Magister Sass' book 'Essays in Satanism' (from Lulu.com)?

His essay entitled 'Deep Satanism: An Introduction to Project Faust' is amazing and really set the pace for my own reading schedule and content.

I received mine in the mail just the other day. Looking forward to indulging in its insight & carnality.

#417697 - 04/03/10 08:27 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
If I may. Spend a little time with each book. Consider the content carefully. Sooner or later is will be crystal clear and the pieces will fall into place quite nicely. Make sure you really understand each book, each chapter, each section and build upon them. Really take your time. Study them like you are having a huge exam on them, which you are, life is the test and all the great work ALL of the Church of Satan has provided will aide you greatly if the knowledge is successfully taken and applied.

#417698 - 04/03/10 09:07 PM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

I hardly give a damn about introductions, but I appreciate the openness of your post, and your honesty impresses me.

I look forward to your thoughts of TSB, perhaps it will be as influential to you as it was for me.

HS!

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#417804 - 04/05/10 01:22 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: Direktor]
JBA Offline

Well thanks the support and the advice guys.

I've researched other stuff before. I was born into an Atheist family that rejects any sort of religious beliefs but it got me a little curious so I read the Christian bible and for a while there I had an interest in Metaphysics/New Age. While some of it made sense, I could recognise a few flaws in it.

One thing that stood out was the "unconditional love" factor. I put my mind to work and figured out that if you were selfless and "forgave" people who have done you wrong, you're basically laying down and taking it in the ass. You become a slave to them by letting them take advantage of you and use you. I honestly believe this "unconditional love" crap was put in place to brainwash people into letting people have control over them easily.

From what I have read so far regarding Satanism, it seems... perfect. So I'll definitely be purchasing a copy of TSB. And what other sorts of literature I can get my hands on.

#417808 - 04/05/10 02:51 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: JBA
And what other sorts of literature I can get my hands on.

Book list topic, which you could find helpful.

#417809 - 04/05/10 02:51 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
One thing that stood out was the "unconditional love" factor. I put my mind to work and figured out that if you were selfless and "forgave" people who have done you wrong, you're basically laying down and taking it in the ass. You become a slave to them by letting them take advantage of you and use you. I honestly believe this "unconditional love" crap was put in place to brainwash people into letting people have control over them easily.

Judging by what you have posted here, I think you’re going to like Satanic literature a lot. What you just said was very reminiscent of a couple of phrases that you will find in "The Satanic Bible".

And in his book “Bearing The Devil’s Mark”, Magister Matt Paradise has a chapter entitled “Love Is A Many Conditional Thing”; which you might also find interesting.

#417831 - 04/05/10 11:21 AM Re: My introduction. [Re: JBA]
lhpjeffery Offline

Well thanks the support and the advice guys.

I've researched other stuff before. I was born into an Atheist family that rejects any sort of religious beliefs but it got me a little curious so I read the Christian bible and for a while there I had an interest in Metaphysics/New Age. While some of it made sense, I could recognise a few flaws in it.

From what I have read so far regarding Satanism, it seems... perfect. So I'll definitely be purchasing a copy of TSB. And what other sorts of literature I can get my hands on.

I'd also recommend Satan Speaks! too. Without a doubt, an eye-opening book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405734 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements