Topic Options
#418946 - 04/18/10 01:16 PM King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian?
thorn9 Offline

I was reading an interview with Church of Satan member and singer King Diamond who when asked about Satanism said that since Satanism is a Carnal philosophy and does not concern itself with any kind of Spiritual message or beliefs that it is up to each Satanist to decide for themselves as far as what to believe in as far as the afterlife and why we are here and thigs like that.

In fact one quote from "Necropolis Magazine" with King he says "LaVey's book has a huge void on the spiritual side because you should be able to grab onto what makes you feel comfortable and within the Satanic Philosophy you could very well still be a christian going to church if that the spiritual side that fulfills your needs"

As weird as that may sound he is correct it seems as far as the Satanic Bible never once saying what a Satanist should and should not believe in as far as spiritual things go. I also noticed in an interview that King did for the Black Flame some years ago he made some similiar comments. And once also stated on a radio interview that when he met Anton that LaVey told him that he left out spiritual beliefs in his book as that is something very personal that only each individual Satanist has to decide for himself.

So as strange at it sounds are there any Satanists who are also church going christians as well?

#418950 - 04/18/10 01:19 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Please tell me you're joking.

#418951 - 04/18/10 01:20 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: Quaark]
thorn9 Offline

No I am not joking, that is what he said

#418952 - 04/18/10 01:22 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

OK.

And why is what that person said of any importance at all when it comes to understanding Satanic dogma?

#418953 - 04/18/10 01:27 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: Quaark]
thorn9 Offline

King Diamond is a member in the Church and was very good friends with LaVey so he must know something about it. Hell he talks it about it enough.

#418954 - 04/18/10 01:29 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Originally Posted By: thorn9
As weird as that may sound he is correct it seems as far as the Satanic Bible never once saying what a Satanist should and should not believe in as far as spiritual things go.

Well, not until part way down the first page, at least.

"Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe-dreams!"

and later:

"Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse, than those that go on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all!"

Quote:
So as strange at it sounds are there any Satanists who are also church going christians as well?

No.

There may be Satanists who go to church (for some reason such as social standing, etc), but not Satanists who are Christians.

#418955 - 04/18/10 01:34 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: thorn9
King Diamond is a member in the Church and was very good friends with LaVey so he must know something about it. Hell he talks it about it enough.

Merely having been friends with Doktor LaVey (and I know nothing about the "very good friends" part of that) is no guarantee of having understood anything at all, and talking a lot about anything is meaningless as far as comprehension goes.

His statement (as related by you) sounds idiotic.

#418957 - 04/18/10 01:40 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: Quaark]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
A Satanist can in NO way be a christian because being a christian is about worshipping god and a Satanist doesn't worship any deities.
What King said is in my opinion complete balderdash.

#418958 - 04/18/10 01:49 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: Venom]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Exactly.

Christians are willing slaves to a fiction.

Satanists are their own masters.

One cannot be both.

#418961 - 04/18/10 02:15 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: Quaark]
JAlexander Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
King Diamond doesn't see the contradiction in being a Satanic Christian?

#418962 - 04/18/10 02:35 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Better and more credible source, than King Diamond's mouth, is The Satanic Bible. Right there, you have Dr. LaVey talking about Christians, in not exactly nice and appreciative way.

The most basic book about Satanism expresses the stance of Satanists toward Christianity quite clearly.

Is King Diamond more credible source than, say, some devil-worshipper (allow me a little exaggeration), only because he is a member of CoS and a famous singer? I mean, that doesn't guarantee that all what he says is right. If you listen blindly to what he says, then you can listen like that to anyone, even the said devil-worshipper.

The best is to create opinion based on your study, not on the doubtable interview.

#418963 - 04/18/10 02:43 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
kindergirl Offline

Quote:
In fact one quote from "Necropolis Magazine" with King he says "LaVey's book has a huge void on the spiritual side because you should be able to grab onto what makes you feel comfortable and within the Satanic Philosophy you could very well still be a christian going to church if that the spiritual side that fulfills your needs"

I relate that mentality towards Satanism to be the same as those who say they are Satanists simply to do whatever they want and use Satanism as an excuse.

Sacrifice could be considered 'spiritually fulfilling' to someone. Is that person a Satanist?

By associating Satanism with Christianity, it seems more like an attempt to make Satanism a socially acceptable religion (which in itself is anti-Satanic).

In my opinion, LaVey did not leave so much room for interpretation.

#418965 - 04/18/10 03:06 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada (Québec)
No! Come on, not this shit again! Not another question from one of those of you who have the disease of the cult of personality...It had been replied again and again...and maybe Paul7 will ask again soon! Hey, your questionning is like the one Patrick6 had...READ the forum Question about The Church of Satan...

Quote:
Patrck6(delete user)

Thanks, I guess that makes sense. It is confusing though that they use the term "Supernatural" while at the same time denying belief in the supernatural. And if Rev. Thorn is a high ranking member in the Church, shouldn't he know the difference? He seemed very serious about these spiritual beings existing for real and talked a great deal about them in many interviews that I have read?

And King Diamond also has talked a great deal about his own experiences with the Supernatural and spirits and things of that nature, as has his new wife as well. And I know he is a member in the church and was very good friends with Anton LaVey? Although he does admit that his spiritual beliefs are seperate from his Satanic Beliefs

Funny zombie, you have done the same grammatical error, look what I underlined
Quote:
Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Magus Peter H. Gilmore (Rebels Without Cause)

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
Folding@home Church of Satan
The Devil's Trill
Metal Invaders on Myspace
Radio Free Satan

#418966 - 04/18/10 03:09 PM Re: King Diamond says a Satanist can also be a christian? [Re: thorn9]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
King Diamond sometimes seem to go into a spiritual side of things that is outside of what CoS stands for. I've seen other references to interviews with him where he talks about supernatural experiences which also seems to clash with CoS. So I would not be that surprised if he expressed views that were his own and not those of CoS, after all I don't believe that he is an official spokesperson?

On the other hand he could have been misrepresented or misunderstood by the person interviewing him, especially if that person has not done any homework on what CoS is about, or is looking for something sensational that would discredit Church of Satan.

What we have as basis for any discussion here is your summation of what another person, of which we know nothing, wrote after talking with King Diamond. We don't know which issue of this magazine the interview is from, what the general credibility of the magazine is or who the interviewer was and how serious and credible he (or she) is.

Based on that I find it hard to draw any conclusions about King Diamond. But the statements themselves are easy to draw conclusions about, I don't even have to reach for my Satanic Bible for that.

When confronted with statements like this, it is good to remember what Carl Sagan pointed out - extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

This is an extraordinary claim, so it requires to have come from an credible, official source to have any weight. I think you can see the problem here?

#418968 - 04/18/10 03:24 PM I think that's enough [Re: thorn9]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Kudos to all who replied here, you all nailed it in every reply.

The odds that the original poster will get it though seem low.

While this could go on and on, there's not much point, as all the bases have been pretty well covered, and enlightenment for the OP doesn't seem to be looming on the horizon.

Locked.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405808 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements