Topic Options
#418875 - 04/17/10 01:29 PM Question about the 11 Satanic rules.
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
The rules are pretty clear but there are some rules about which I am not certain of.

The first rule I am not certain of is the 4th rule which says "If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy."

What does it mean to treat him cruelly?

The second rule I'm not certain of is the 6th rule which says "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved."

What is meant by "unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved"?

The last rule I am not certain of is the 11th rule which says "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him".

What is meant by "destroy him"?

Mærc

#418879 - 04/17/10 02:57 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> What does it mean to treat him cruelly? <<

Well, I am sure you would agree, that if someone is disrespectful to, say, your wife (or your beloved bull terrier) in your own home you would be well within your rights to eject him from said (hard earned) home. Or otherwise embarrass him in some way.

>> The second rule I'm not certain of is the 6th rule which says "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved. <<

Let's say you have a friend whose wife is internationally known actress Megan Fox. However, she suffers from such bad flatulance that he complains constantly that he wants her out of his home. You might be quite happy to relieve him of his burden.

>> The last rule I am not certain of is the 11th rule which says "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him". What is meant by "destroy him"? <<

You are entitled by law to use appropriate measures in order to defend yourself.

If you feel there is occasion where, say, the general public might be at danger from your attacker you might pursue legal means to ensure such a loser is put behind bars, thus ensuring he is no longer a danger.

In regards to this final question, I always like to refer to the ethos of Batman:

"to bring fear into the hearts of those who would seek to bring fear to the hearts of the innocent"

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#418882 - 04/17/10 03:38 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Venom Offline

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the last one ment to beat him up or something in that line.

#418896 - 04/17/10 09:43 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"The Satanic Life" from Diabolic Publications.

Among all the fine essays there is one titled "Welcome to the Show" that expounds on the subject of the Eleven Rules.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#418925 - 04/18/10 06:32 AM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Phineas]
Venom Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas
"The Satanic Life" from Diabolic Publications.

Among all the fine essays there is one titled "Welcome to the Show" that expounds on the subject of the Eleven Rules.
Thanks for the information. Is the essay maybe somewhere online where I can read it instead of buying the whole book?

#418938 - 04/18/10 11:20 AM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

No.

Only through Diabolic Publications.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#418947 - 04/18/10 01:17 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Phineas]
Venom Offline

Thanks. Is it available in bookstores or just via amazon?

#418974 - 04/18/10 06:41 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Amazon, and they are redoing their webpage. You can find them on Facebook here.

#419039 - 04/19/10 03:07 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Phineas]
Venom Offline

Thanks I will try to order it.

I have a quick question regarding one of the 9 satanic statements. One of them says to use vengeance instead of turning the other cheek and I read if someone where to slap you, you then should smash his cheek with your fist in return.

Is this meant literally or figuratively? If literally, does that mean you should hit your mom, dad, girlfriend etc in the face if they where to slap you?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but it is just something that popped into my mind.

#419045 - 04/19/10 04:50 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Is this meant literally or figuratively? If literally, does that mean you should hit your mom, dad, girlfriend etc in the face if they where to slap you? <<

Every situation is different and would require a measured response based on one's ability to make accurate analysis.

Personally, I would now say that these sniping questions of yours are revealing what I suspected of you all along - a hidden agenda.

You really don't have to resort to subterfuge and sniping. If you have something to say you can spit it out.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#419047 - 04/19/10 05:22 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Mærc
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but it is just something that popped into my mind.

Yeah that question of yours does come off as rather dumb, as you say. There's a reason why the Book of Satan, which is the section the quote is from, is called the "infernal diatribe". Look up "diatribe" in a dictionary if you have to.

As much as Satanism embraces studying and questioning, you're really not getting anywhere by continuously over-analyzing lines like this. Unlike the texts of other religions, The Satanic Bible was written for people who can put 2 and 2 together and don't have to be fed over-specified dogma. There's certainly room for study, but at its most basic, either you get the gist of it or you don't.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#419048 - 04/19/10 05:22 PM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Venom Offline

Thanks for the answers but what do you mean with "a hidden agenda"? I hope you can clear that up for me.

Edited by Mærc (04/20/10 07:18 AM)
Edit Reason: editing

#419497 - 04/24/10 12:33 AM Re: Question about the 11 Satanic rules. [Re: Venom]
Dracula999 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43920 Topics
405742 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements