Topic Options
#419696 - 04/26/10 11:08 PM Is Satanism for me?
LiveMyLife Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Hello I have recently read The Satanic Bible, Satan Speaks!, The Satanic Rituals, and The Devils Notebook. The beliefs and values in these wonderful books are so well written and I feel that I agree with everything Anton LaVey writes about. However I am wondering If you proclaim yourself a Satanist do you have to believe that Satan just a metaphor as the Satanic Bible explains or is it okay to Think of him as a being of some sorts or him being ourselves. Ive racked my brain many nights thinking about the answer to this question. I do believe what Anton LaVey speaks about but for some reason I cannot grasp that he cannot exist in some form or another.I sort of feel that he could be ourselves. Id love to join the Church and apply for active membership but I feel I cannot until I am 100% sure of myself. I just feel the need to question everything. Any help on this rather difficult topic for me would be much appreciated. Thank you

Edited by LiveMyLife (04/27/10 12:01 AM)

#419698 - 04/26/10 11:33 PM Re: Is Satanism for me? [Re: LiveMyLife]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Perhaps you should read all the books again.

There is no requirement to believe in anthropomorphic deities.

There is no requirement to become a member of the COS.

The topic is not that difficult: if you harbor any beliefs or hopes there is an actual creature out there called the Devil then no, Satanism is not what you are identifying with.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#419703 - 04/27/10 12:00 AM Re: Is Satanism for me? [Re: Phineas]
LiveMyLife Offline

Loc: Hawaii
thank you very much Magister for your speedy reply I think the difficulty I am having will be cleared as I read the bible again. I don't necessarily believe in a physical God or red man named the Devil I think I'm just having more of a problem believing in nothing greater than myself but obviously there is nothing. I think you answered my question perfectly. Thanks for the help. On a different note once you're registered and applied for active membership about how long does it take. Just curious

#419704 - 04/27/10 12:04 AM Re: Is Satanism for me? [Re: LiveMyLife]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Registered membership about 6 weeks, sometimes a bit more; active membership up to a year.

Refer to the COS website, click on "Affiliation" in the menu for a detailed explanation.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements