Topic Options
#420380 - 05/04/10 01:25 AM Forum Memberships
LaughOfSatan Offline

I have two related questions:

Is it true that the forum policy at Letters to the Devil prohibits membership in other (non-CoS-approved) Satanic forums, and that individuals may be (or are) permanently banned for being members of such online forums?

Also, is there any truth to the claim that Church of Satan members can (or will) have their membership revoked, without refund, due to joining unauthorized online forums?

If these questions are somehow inappropriate, please remove this post.
I already posed these questions to a Magister via PM and received no response, so I would like to clarify this issue.

My regards,

LaughOfSatan

#420382 - 05/04/10 01:39 AM Re: Forum Memberships [Re: LaughOfSatan]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
As long as someone is not actively opposing the CoS they are free to do what they like.

The reason for this is quite simple; ask yourself, why would any organisation have members that eat it from within like a cancer?

As far as LttD is concerned, it is just an internet forum. However, Magister Ventrue will personally choose to ban users who actively oppose the CoS or who frequent other message boards that are in opposition to the organisation.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#420384 - 05/04/10 02:13 AM Re: Forum Memberships [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
LaughOfSatan Offline

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
Magister Ventrue will personally choose to ban users who.... frequent other message boards that are in opposition to the organisation.

I can certainly understand how active opposition to the Church of Satan and Peter Gilmore results in a ban.

However, if a member frequents such a message board which happens to be run by a member of an unauthorized Satanic organization opposed to the CoS, in search of intelligent discussion with other admirers of Dr. LaVey's philosophy, but themselves express nothing but positive sentiment towards Gilmore and his organization - is that still an offense warranting a ban?

#420385 - 05/04/10 02:22 AM Re: Forum Memberships [Re: LaughOfSatan]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> However, if a member frequents such a message board which happens to be run by a member of an unauthorized Satanic organization opposed to the CoS, in search of intelligent discussion with other admirers of Dr. LaVey's philosophy, but themselves express nothing but positive sentiment towards Gilmore and his organization - is that still an offense warranting a ban? <<

Well, I myself have on rare occasions stuck my nose into certain forums to correct blatant misinformation. But that is on extremely rare cases. Otherwise, I see no point in frequenting such a forum. If you were to regularly involve yourself with anti-CoS organisations (whether in reality or on the internet) then I can understand why you might be tarred with the same brush.

One can only put forth information for those that might take notice. Otherwise, arguing the CoS case everywhere is a pretty futile exercise. I find it better to just stay away from them and leave them to their own devices.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43979 Topics
406036 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements