Topic Options
#414846 - 03/06/10 12:46 AM A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist
DaAznKnight Offline

Good day, members of LttD.

I am one of those Satanists who is currently not a member of the CoS. I have, however, found great enlightenment within the Satanic Bible. The works of Anton LaVey resonated strongly with me when I first opened the unholy text. Especially the chapter called "Not All Vampires Suck Blood!". I immediately saw what LaVey described in my experiences, and made great strides to either destroy or avoid all psychic vampires in my life.

I also hang out with the Wiccans. Yes, like Jesus hung out with whores, I hang out with "white" magicians. The works of LaVey speaks great ills of "white" magicians. Certainly, I despise the hypocrisy described within the Satanic Bible. However, seeing that LaVey preached individuality and pragmatism, I found it important to go see the hypocrisy for myself. Seeing that the first Satanic Sin is Stupidity, which I have interpreted to mean the lack of critical thinking, I thought that simply taking LaVey's word for it would constitute a sin. Hence, I go to weekly pagan meetings.

Thus far, I've found great acceptance within the pagan group. They know that I am a Satanist, and I have even borrowed my copy of the Satanic Bible to another member. I intend to stay. However, having another member read it and pose questions to me, I have grown to start wanting ways and means to reconciliate some conflicts that I perceive within the pages of the unholy text.

Over the course of my studies of the aforementioned text, I have grown the need to ask a few questions which answers I could not find within.

I can only hope LttD members can put up with my bullshit.

a) Who was Anton LaVey referring to when he says "white" magician? It seems that no pagan that I've found within the aforementioned group subscribes to any of the abhorrence for sexual activity described in the Satanic Bible. While LaVey speaks great ill of these hypocrites, he never actually mentioned precisely who he was talking about. Golden Dawn? Wiccans? Druids? OTO?

b) How does a Satanist fit magic, which I perceive to be the spiritual beseeching of external supernatural forces to provide power to the individual, with the lack of spirituality that LaVey seems to preach?

c) I am a solitary practitioner. What are some legitimate sources for magic rituals to be performed alone? There seems to be a large number of books on websites like Amazon.com that stinks of bullshit and attempts at cashing in on a learner's ignorance. I have come to a standstill in my magic studies, and I wish to learn more.

d) Individuality seems to be what the philosophy of Satanism to be all about. Would it then be Satanic to make the individual decision to learn from the "white" magicians, and perhaps even participate in their rituals? I find the temporary silencing of my own views in order to join to be pragmatic.

EDIT: e) Why does the CoS endorse the Temple of Vampires? I've done some research into this "secret" society, and I came to the conclusion that they are little more than a pyramid scheme. Perhaps they started out with a positive purpose, but as of now, they really don't seem any better than all those "Society of Honors" trash mail that I get invited to all the time.

Thank you for putting up with my bullshit. I will return to this thread again when I find more questions.

Edited by DaAznKnight (03/06/10 01:01 AM)

#414852 - 03/06/10 01:32 AM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: DaAznKnight]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Here are 4 essays by me that should answer your questions - in particular the essay addressing Satanic magic:

http://www.newstatesman.com/writers/umberto_ray

#414855 - 03/06/10 02:05 AM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Moved to the Questions Forum.

#414898 - 03/06/10 11:36 AM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: DaAznKnight]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Take some time and carefully read Rev. Stronbone's essays.

Then read The Satanic Bible again. Satanists do not hold beliefs in supernatural entities. Those who do - are not Satanists. Its all explained quite well in The Satanic Bible and Dr. LaVey's writings.

Regarding the TOV(Please read the entire thread and follow the links) , do you really think The Church of Satan would even mention or hint at an organization that is, as you wrongfully concluded, a pyramid scheme? wink

Wiccans.

Back to to the drawing board with you!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#414939 - 03/06/10 06:22 PM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: DaAznKnight]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
Thus far, I've found great acceptance within the pagan group.

There's nothing inherently unsatanic about hanging around with non-Satanists. It's up to you as an individual Satanist to decide who contributes to your time and who doesn't. This is one of the reasons why the Church of Satan makes no sorts of social demands of members.

Originally Posted By: DaAznKnight
a) Who was Anton LaVey referring to when he says "white" magician?

Self-labeled "white magicians" and "white witches" can be found in several different occult groups. Regardless, his point still stands: "White witches want to delve into witchcraft, but cannot divorce themselves from the stigma attached to it. Therefore, they call themselves white magicians, and base seventy-five per cent of their philosophy on the trite and hackneyed tenets of Christianity. Anyone who pretends to be interested in magic or the occult for reasons other than gaining personal power is the worst kind of hypocrite. [...] If you cannot divorce yourself from hypocritical self-deceit you will never be successful as a magician, much less a Satanist."

Quote:
How does a Satanist fit magic, which I perceive to be the spiritual beseeching of external supernatural forces to provide power to the individual, with the lack of spirituality that LaVey seems to preach?

In Satanism, there is no "spiritual" or "supernatural" part of magic. There are elements still left as "unexplained", but no notions of anything stronger or outside of the physical world. You might want to reread the Book of Belial.

Quote:
I am a solitary practitioner. What are some legitimate sources for magic rituals to be performed alone?

The standard ritual in The Satanic Bible leaves more than enough room for you to tailor your own rituals. Even the group rituals found in The Satanic Rituals can give you ideas. Just be mindful of the key components to a ritual (outlined in The Satanic Bible) and keep the general rules (noted beginning, noted closing, no idle chit-chat in betwee, etc.).

You can pick up any of the other occult books out there, and try to wade through all the useless esoteric muck to extract the practical ideas. But you'll find that The Satanic Bible has already done that.

Quote:
Individuality seems to be what the philosophy of Satanism to be all about. Would it then be Satanic to make the individual decision to learn from the "white" magicians, and perhaps even participate in their rituals? I find the temporary silencing of my own views in order to join to be pragmatic.

"Individuality" does not mean that you can make Satanism anything you want it to be. You can participate in these neo-Pagan things if you like, but again, to quote The Satanic Bible: "If the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, then established occultists would do well as maze-makers."

Quote:
Why does the CoS endorse the Temple of Vampires?

We don't. They're two completely separate organization with some members in common. Although the basic principles of both organizations don't inherently contradict each other, there are plenty of people in the COS who do not support the TOV (myself included), and there are plenty of people in the TOV who clearly aren't Satanists and likewise don't support the COS.

Of course, the same could be said about the COS and lots of other organizations that a Satanist may or may not belong to: the American Legion, the 4H Club, MENSA, college fraternities, Army Corps of Engineers, etc. Members of the Church of Satan are free to join whatever other organizations they wish, so long as that organization isn't involved in illegal activity or explicitly bashing the COS.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#415107 - 03/08/10 12:41 PM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: DaAznKnight]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Thank you for putting up with my bullshit. I will return to this thread again when I find more questions

I appreciate your intent. It is respectful. However it might be better to return when you have read all suggested to you and can have a conversation rather than a lecture, lesson or debate. It is much more meaningful and less likely to illicit the provocative responses we are infamous for.

Quote:
EDIT: e) Why does the CoS endorse the Temple of Vampires? I've done some research into this "secret" society, and I came to the conclusion that they are little more than a pyramid scheme. Perhaps they started out with a positive purpose, but as of now, they really don't seem any better than all those "Society of Honors" trash mail that I get invited to all the time.

As a non-member of either you are not entitled to a response. Perhaps after study you will understand the reason for yourself. I am not trying to be evasive, rude, or challenging. It is simply our Satanic method of accepting that membership has privileges, and if you are not "one of us" we owe you nothing.

Hail, Satan!

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#420876 - 05/10/10 09:01 AM Re: A Few Questions From A Fellow Satanist [Re: Ygraine]
AntiScam Offline

Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Magister_Harris (05/10/10 09:26 AM)

Forum Stats
12023 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405250 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements