Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#408364 - 01/11/10 08:01 AM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: John Prophet]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Yes.

And, war is merely another avenue of human expression. I'm not being sarcastic; war is humanity's ultimate method of displaying one of life's most basic qualities: violence.
The act of giving life is a violent act. Taking life is violent. Life itself creates, and destroys. Oftentimes there is a little bit of both in any given event.

And not all wars are fought with physical weapons. Nor are they always obvious.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#408366 - 01/11/10 08:41 AM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: Techno_Demon]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Life extension is something I have been interested in since I was a teenager. It began when I read Life Extension: A Practical Scientific Approach, by Durk Pearson.

This subject has been brought up on this forum numerous times, and I do not wish to repeat what has already been said, but I have never understood the idea that a significantly increased lifespan would somehow decrease the quality of one&#8217;s life, or decrease the value of life. I have always thought the meaning of life was to go as long as you could without dying. Obviously, not everyone agrees.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#408447 - 01/12/10 02:35 AM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: John Prophet]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: John Prophet
It could be argued that without it, the human race would experience a lot more stagnation and complacency, in regards to technological advancements.

Truer words,have never been spoken. . .or maybe they have.
Regardless,they are true words!

#408473 - 01/12/10 12:25 PM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: TheAbysmal]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I cannot help but think of your analogy as in Greater Magic. The celebrant is the master and he gives command unto the slave.

What is fascinating to think about is if that could be looked at as your consciousness traveling or transcending beyond between the ears.

#408514 - 01/12/10 05:38 PM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: John Prophet]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
It could be argued that without it, the human race would experience a lot more stagnation and complacency, in regards to technological advancements.

Agreed!

I just stumbled on an article posted on Magister Svengali's blog and thought it related quite well:

Will Durant: What is Civilization?

#408540 - 01/12/10 09:47 PM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: John Prophet]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: John Prophet

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, just skip to 5:05. It pretty much proves what John said.

#421043 - 05/12/10 08:02 AM Re: Satanism and Transhumanism [Re: Techno_Demon]
Private Offline

Loc: Taipei

Edited by Magister Frost (05/12/10 04:13 PM)

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements