Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#421057 - 05/12/10 10:05 AM Just need some Advice
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I am strong, resourceful, independent, and as in control of my life as I can be. I don't like to ask the type questions that prompt the one line answers.
Like "Ultimately, it's up to you." or "It's your life, do what's best for you."
I know this already, it doesn't need to be said. I said that, because this is one of those questions.
Please understand, I don't need a rehash of what I already know.
What I need is a better understanding of what I'm getting myself into before I can't go back. Maybe some first hand, "front line" advice. And not the kind Nova Pain is handing out.

First things first. About a year ago, I was put in a position were I had to make some serious heart wrenching life altering decisions. I had to start over, rebuild and reinvent myself.
There are still some days I wonder what the hell I'm doing.

My need for direction, control, and self mastery has lead me to this road. So in an attempt to reinvent myself in a stronger image, I have decided to join the army.
However, I'm sensitive, but having my heart ripped out has left me colder.

I am female not that it matters this day in age, but there are still glass ceilings. Not to mention I'm adorable if I do say so myself. I have a very powerful art of enchantment that I can't turn off. It's so effortless for me it's almost detrimental (i.e. I attract attention). I know that by chasing this kind of a goal will only add more to my appeal. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that I'm already using very evasive defensive maneuvers, short of beating them off with sticks. So having some real powerful combat training, I figure can't hurt. However I have no idea what I'm in for. Ladies any advice?

Now, it's not like I jumped out of bed, said "hey I think I'll enlist." Even though I feel like that. I don't want to rush into anything I might be naive about.

I've been on the Army website for the past couple of weeks,and they set it up to seem just like collage. I spoke to a recruiter today, and he made it seem more like a job. I know it's more than that, I want it for what I expected it to be, I chance to train physically and mentally for the career field I've chosen (Law enforcement). Not to mention the kind of fire arms training I can't get on my own.

I work a 40hrs week job to get by. I have endurance, determination, and the clever ability to use what I'm presented with to maneuverer my way through the obstical course of life to achieve my goals. SO...
I'm a Criminal Justice major. I haven't pick a specialty, yet and I'm still a year off from being an intern. I was looking seriously at police academy, but I have no formal training. So what better way to get it then to join the army. So I'm planing 3-6 year in the military, possibly the military police, while I work toward my Masters.

Now my questions:
What is it like for females in the military or the police force?
Are there still prejudice I should look out for?
How would you deal with them?
As a single female any tips for keeping the dogs at bay ?
I know sexual harassment works as a last line of defense, but how about some realistic advice to let them down a little gentler than that.
Are the women even still separate from the men in the military? With everything they're trying to change, I just don't know.
Being strong enough for these jobs, do you find it hurts or adds to ones femininity?
I like to hear form both sides on this one.
Are you more likely to get treated like one of the guys?

For those of you who enlisted as Satanist. Did you have to tell your recruiter, or did you just write it on paper work you filled out?
There is a statement on the Army website in the surviving boot camp section that recommends going to church even if your an Atheist.
What do you think is it good advice?
Would you do it, or did you?
Is it just a chapel like in a hospital or is it a service?
With all the conformity required already would you just do it to go with the flow, so your not making waves?
I have no intention of drawing any more attention to my self than I already do.

How hard is it to go to school from the military? Because they made it seem possible and almost easy to do.
Is police academy similar to boot camp?
Has anyone been through both?
How do they compare if at all?

I'm just wondering, any stories or advice you like to share, will help and is much appreciated. Especially from the Ladies who have been down this road. Please and Thank You smile.

~Hail Satan

#421058 - 05/12/10 10:26 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If you have concerns regarding the physical aspect of training, you may want to look at the Air Force, or even the Navy.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#421059 - 05/12/10 10:38 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Phineas]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Thank you Magister Phineas. I have researched all fields of the military. I'm to old to join the Air Force and the Navy doesn't appeal to me.

I want the physical training offered by the Army. So I'm better equipped for the career in Law Enforcement I've chosen.
I was trying to get a better perspective of what it's like for women who choose to enter such a male dominated fields.

#421060 - 05/12/10 11:27 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Cryptodelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Hi again

As an aside, I'm curious as to what physical training, specifically, offered by the Army will better equip you for a career in Law Enforcement?

Or, what physical skills do you lack that are needed?

Cheers

L P S Clock: 10:30

#421068 - 05/12/10 02:08 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Cryptodelic]
III Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Cryptodelic
Hi again

As an aside, I'm curious as to what physical training, specifically, offered by the Army will better equip you for a career in Law Enforcement?

Cheers

I have read an article recently and it stated the military/law enforcement and specifically parts of the military revolving around Special Forces such as the NAVY SEALS are mainly out to recruit people who have a history of participating interests in sports such as lacrosse, wrestling, cross country track and other sports that build up stamina, dexterity, more than those sports such as football, baseball and so on.

#421071 - 05/12/10 03:52 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: III]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Sports are a suggestion, not a requirement.

Being in shape and understanding team work is what truly counts.

Knowing the military, they won't care if you have or have not been in sports. It only matters if you can pass the physical entry test.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#421072 - 05/12/10 04:03 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Having been in the Marine Corps as a Satanist, I would suggest just keeping it to yourself. You will avoid all kinds of trouble by doing so.

Church in Marine boot camp was not required, but most recruits, Christian or not, still went because the DIs would have plenty of free time to "play" if you stuck around the squad bay.

I can't speak for Army boot camp.

>>How hard is it to go to school from the military? Because they made it seem possible and almost easy to do.
Is police academy similar to boot camp?
Has anyone been through both?
How do they compare if at all?

School is easy straight from the military. It is easy and pretty much free after the military.

Police academy, though I have never done both I do know others who have, is different and similar. Different in terms of your freedom, time required, and stress level and physical fitness required. There is more emphasis on academics in the police academy than in boot camp. Granted, these are Marines whom I know, so it might be different for former Army dogs.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#421078 - 05/12/10 06:23 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Discipline]
Cryptodelic Offline

Loc: Seattle

L P S Clock: 10:30

#421188 - 05/14/10 05:08 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Alaister Murdoch Offline

I would advise you not to reveal that you are a Satanist. There are a few who can deal with the knowledge appropriately, but I personally operate under the general rule that most are stupid and uninformed.
As far as "keeping the dogs at bay," I would say try to play up the part of a strong willed woman. Most quotidian men cannot handle a strong female figure and are used to commanding the domineering position in a relationship (at least in my observations). Not to say that you aren't a strong woman - I don't know you personally - but perhaps it would help to play that up a bit more. Sometimes it also helps to be distant. I've never had a problem with repulsing unwanted attention, but I imagine it is a different story for women.

"If you desire peace of soul and happiness, believe! if you want to be a disciple of truth, search!" - Nietzsche

#421265 - 05/14/10 10:51 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Cryptodelic]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Cryptodelic
Hi again

Cheers

Hello, Cryptodelic

I've never run an obstical course, I can't fire a gun very well nor do I have the space to, and I need a stronger self discipline. All of which I feel will better qualify me for a career in Law Enforcement. I know police academy will train me as well, but they only accept a limited # of students. Then only a handful, maybe 5 or 10 will get jobs as cops. So I need to increase my odds considering my goal is the FBI.

Don't get me wrong I'm in good shape, but I know it's not good enough. The recruiting offices do a 4 month intense training to set you up to pass the physical. The Army offers a lot more to further my career then I realized. If I can get in to the Military Police, when I'm discharged I can go right in to the FBI. Not to mention the Army pays to train, I have to pay for Police Academy.

I'm paying for school out of pocket (40,000). If the Army will pay me to further my career and teach me things I can't learn anywhere else then I'm all over it. I only wanted to be a cop, so I could blow red lights with the sirens on. I want to get into the FBI, but to do this I must have prior Law Enforcement experience. The Army can give this to me a lot easier than the Police force can.

#421266 - 05/14/10 10:58 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Cryptodelic]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Thank you for the links.
I only have the one for the Army, so those will both come in handy.

#421270 - 05/14/10 11:29 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Discipline]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Discipline
Having been in the Marine Corps as a Satanist, I would suggest just keeping it to yourself. You will avoid all kinds of trouble by doing so.

Is it on your Dog Tags? Does everyone know your religion if it's listed on your on your tags? I guess I thought dog tags are more like a medical bracelet, personal need to know bases.
I don't advertise anywhere but here. Is it only a problem if you advertise it or do your tags do that for you?
Church in Marine boot camp was not required, but most recruits, Christian or not, still went because the DIs would have plenty of free time to "play" if you stuck around the squad bay.
I can't speak for Army boot camp.

I see, that makes perfect sense. Better safe than sorry. The Army site said, shut up and do it, in not so many words.
Police academy, though I have never done both I do know others who have, is different and similar. Different in terms of your freedom, time required, and stress level and physical fitness required. There is more emphasis on academics in the police academy than in boot camp. Granted, these are Marines whom I know, so it might be different for former Army dogs.

Thank you, Discipline.
It gives me a lot more to think about.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive about this decision.
I guess these big brass balls of mine, will pay off or get me in trouble one of these days.

#421273 - 05/14/10 11:40 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

I have stated this many times before: I have seen, time after time, on this board, and elsewhere, people who's unbalanced egos get in the way of common sense. They brag about being Satanists just to stand out. They veil this intention with lofty, but empty delusions of fairness in the world, a cause, how they are champions of fearlessness, etc. but in the end, the very organizations and people they swore would not be problematic, the open minded ones who would be accepting turn on them on a dime.

Once Pandora's box is open, its open.

The choice is yours, just as the consequences are yours, and yours alone.

You will only get one chance with the Army, a very large organization.

Choose well.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#421275 - 05/14/10 11:57 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Alaister Murdoch]
I'mPerfecting Offline

I find most men when confronted by a strong willed women get this need for there mothers and act like their 5. I'm stronger than most of people I've ever met.

Thanks for the advice, Mooro.
I asked, because even my recruiter hit on me with the "I'd tap that" twinkle in his eye and a line to the effect of "You could find your self a real good husband in the Army. wink"
This might be true but...why assume I want that? Unless it's because what he wants and he wants to know if I want the same things? Good grief. Sorry just venting.

#421283 - 05/15/10 05:03 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Alaister Murdoch Offline

Originally Posted By: I'mPerfecting
I find most men when confronted by a strong willed women get this need for there mothers and act like their 5.

I asked, because even my recruiter hit on me with the "I'd tap that" twinkle in his eye and a line to the effect of "You could find your self a real good husband in the Army. wink"
This might be true but...why assume I want that? Unless it's because what he wants and he wants to know if I want the same things? Good grief. Sorry just venting.

As to the first quote above - thank you! I needed a good belly laugh - and yes, my point exactly.
As to the problems you are having with you're recruiter (and other similar males) - most haven't "come to terms" with their own sexuality. What I mean by this is that they don't understand it and it develops into a compulsion to slobber on whatever apealling female that happens to pass. But most are idiots, and it becomes our burden whenever we venture from our homes, to have to observe and often deal with them. I haven't got around to reading The Satanic Witch yet, but I would imagine it to contain advice on dealing with your plight. Anyhow, best of luck!

"If you desire peace of soul and happiness, believe! if you want to be a disciple of truth, search!" - Nietzsche

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements