Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#421290 - 05/15/10 06:18 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Phineas]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Phineas

Once Pandora's box is open, its open.

This cannot possibly be put more succinctly.

No matter how accepting and understanding somebody may seem in a sit-down-and-chat situation, you simply cannot know what they will do, nor how they will employ the information that you have given them, further on down the line.

#421295 - 05/15/10 08:03 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: XUL]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
Originally Posted By: XUL

Once Pandora's box is open, its open.

This cannot possibly be put more succinctly.

No matter how accepting and understanding somebody may seem in a sit-down-and-chat situation, you simply cannot know what they will do, nor how they will employ the information that you have given them, further on down the line.

I echo these sentiments. My experience? Six years in law enforcement and a total of about 15 in National Security.

Although I get a wicked bad naughty thrill being in a stealth role so I also have my own kinky reasons in addition to the real world practicality of keeping ones mouth shut in certain career fields.

(Note that in some situations or careers it can be an advantage to be "out"...but those are more in the arts and entertainment fields in my opinion).

#421638 - 05/19/10 10:39 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Phineas]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
... They brag about being Satanists just to stand out. They veil this intention with lofty, but empty delusions of fairness in the world, a cause, how they are champions of fearlessness, etc. but in the end, the very organizations and people they swore would not be problematic, the open minded ones who would be accepting turn on them on a dime.

I don't need Satanism to stand out, I do that well enough on my own, just by being me. I don't have any delusion about how the world reacts ether. It's not about attention for me, I can get enough of that in more positive ways on my own.

I fact, I've already have to deal with the underlying repercussions of what happens when you think you know a person.
My ex, used it against me. He always knew and one day it was problem. I got to watch 1st hand how it builds in a person.

My question were asked because of how many people on this site had said they'd been able to do it. No one ever said anything about the problems it caused, except Discipline. So I figured it's best to know how it came to that.
Rather then thinking you can just come out and say it because the question of religion comes up.

I know I should keep my secrets, I guess, I just got to thinking if the other Military member did it, it might be ok. If it's the kinda thing that will haunt my career, I'm better of leaving the cat in the bag.

#421641 - 05/19/10 11:00 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Cryptodelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Of the few times that I have informed someone that I am a Satanist, just to study their reaction, it has never benefited me in any way, and has caused negative social reactions - even when carefully choosing whom I tell.

People who value a so called open minded approach to life, or see themselves as open minded towards others, are typically only open minded to what they believe.

L P S Clock: 10:30

#421642 - 05/19/10 11:06 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Josephine007]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Josephine007

I echo these sentiments. My experience? Six years in law enforcement and a total of about 15 in National Security.

Although I get a wicked bad naughty thrill being in a stealth role so I also have my own kinky reasons in addition to the real world practicality of keeping ones mouth shut in certain career fields.

(Note that in some situations or careers it can be an advantage to be "out"...but those are more in the arts and entertainment fields in my opinion).

Right!
I see you've had quite the career, I know I'm just beginning mine, which is why I was wondering. I know there is no equality in the world, I didn't really expect there to be. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.
My experience has taught me the importance of keeping my mouth shut, at work, or any where for that matter.

I'm not in the entertainment business so there is no benefit from putting myself on the chopping block.

Thank you,Priestess Josephine007

#421645 - 05/19/10 11:45 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Cryptodelic]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Cryptodelic

People who value a so called open minded approach to life, or see themselves as open minded towards others, are typically only open minded to what they believe.

To True, They only care if you agree with them and there views. I can read people well enough to know better than to trust a catch phase like "open mindedness".
My ex was a surprise that didn't manifest until after I joined the COS,and we move to Texas, but there were all kinds of issues with him. The COS was just his excuse and he made me chose so I left him.

My best friend is a Satanist as well, and two years ago we told three of our closest friends. We told them because the theme of our Halloween party gave us away. They reacted by saying "It's good to see your finally coming out of the closet, but we've known for years."
Those I call friends are well versed in all sorts of pagan philosophies. They don't adhere to any of them, but they play the "I'm my own god" card while doing what ever makes them
happy.

Just a couple of funny stories I thought I'd share.

#421647 - 05/19/10 12:33 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Infinity Offline

Loc: Maine
I think that is great that your friends accepted you after they found out, but they knew all along and they didn't treat you any different. Those are the people who make true friends and they are so hard to find, so cherish them.

I have a friend who knows that I'm a Satanist and she is absolutely fine with it. I knew along that we had similar interests and telling her wasn't difficult. I really cherish her friendship. It's great that we can have people to talk too once in a while without worrying about whether or not they're going to make a big deal out of it. Hails to you!

#421648 - 05/19/10 12:34 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I keep to myself in real life, as much as possible. I have no need to tell anyone anything about myself. And joining like minded individuals here on the boards, where I can communicate with other satanists is best for me. Moreover, I learn alot on these boards and contribute what I know. Also, fun in life is important to me and getting what I want in life is important to me. So, when I want to read and interact with other satanists, I come here and to the UC. I have found out a long time ago,that I just can't put my confidence and trust in people around me.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#421653 - 05/19/10 02:04 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Azeri]
I'mPerfecting Offline

You sound like you've been hurt before. I know the feeling, just because I have people I trust doesn't mean it was easy to find them.

This board is a great resource, but be wary of it as you are all people, it is a public forum.

I love Dark Shadows by the way. smile

#421654 - 05/19/10 02:09 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Infinity]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Hehe grin Yea, Go me.

I could say I'm lucky, but it's more of a skill to be able to pick my friends wisely.

#421734 - 05/20/10 12:12 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Infinity Offline

Not many people know about me being a Satanist because I feel it is none of their business. Everyone tells me I have trust issues, but in this day and time, you have to. If I went around trusting people all the time without a reason why, then I would only be setting myself up for disaster, and I've had enough disasters to last two life times.

#421795 - 05/21/10 01:13 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Infinity]
I'mPerfecting Offline

You should get together with Azeri, he/she has trust issues to.

Hun, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't won't to, nor do I feel it's my job to council you over the internet for less then 50 bucks a post.

I'm not a Satanist because I'm mad at the world, misguided, and misunderstood. I can get my point across clearly to others, and I'm understood just fine. I'm a Satanist because I'm Elite, I can do things other people can't. We have nothing in common.

Don't jump on the "woe is me" train unless you want a hug from this porcupine.
I don't do weakness, sorry.
I'm not trying to be mean, just brash enough to say...

1st. Just because I put myself out there doesn't mean I care, or that I'm handing out sympathy. In fact,

2nd. If you read my thread, you'd realize, it didn't have anything to do with announcing I'm a Satanist, it deteriorated in to that and the next time I have a question I know will trigger a certain type response, I won't ask.

3rd. If you wasn't whining, I wouldn't care but I started this tread and even if the point is lost the rules remain the same for me.

Start your own tread if you want to whine, I won't bother you.
However, if you want to talk to me, you do so at your own risk, because you run the risk of me seeing through you and saying it out loud.

This being the internet, you just can't tell...
I'm like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead,
and when I'm good; I'm very, very, good
and when bad I'm horrid.

Hail Satan!! crossbones

#421826 - 05/21/10 09:49 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Infinity Offline

I wouldn't want you to council me because it sounds like you need help of your own. Besides, if anyone is whining it is you.

Edited by Infinity (05/21/10 11:42 AM)

#421830 - 05/21/10 10:37 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
First I don't have trust issues.I trust a few people period! Or another way to state my opinion about people is, I have "FEW'"GOOD" friends!I prefer it that way! I do what I feel is best for me, not anyone else! If you don't like my post go on to the next post, perhaps it will be to your liking! I am not here to please you or anyone else. And yes, I know this is a social public board,that is why I am here! So, don't get your panties in a bunch toots, because I don't have to come to you or anyone else on this board for approval of how I handle people in my life! As for Infinity she is my friend and she can also say what she pleases if it pleases her. Even if she were just another board member she can say what she wants! Someone's opinion is there opinion, no one has to answer to another to get there approval! And I certainly don't need yours! Go Perfect yourself before you stick your nose in what I am commenting on, on this board or anywhere else.

Edited by Azeri (05/21/10 11:09 PM)

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#421837 - 05/21/10 01:07 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: I'mPerfecting
I'm like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead,
and when I'm good; I'm very, very, good
and when bad I'm horrid.

No, you're more like the little (if not infantile) girl who throws a tantrum and makes long-winded attacks on others for no good reason, just to make yourself feel more "elite". Well, I for one am not impressed. Get over yourself and grow up.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405548 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements