#421854 - 05/21/10 06:52 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
You are most welcome.

#421871 - 05/21/10 11:42 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: M.D. Roche]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
You seem to have this habit of needing to defend those who can't defend themselves.
How is that not weekness on their part?
Why foster that?

Oh well, you go right ahead and do whatever it takes to face yourself in the mirror.
I already do.

Now I am well with in my right, I was more than restrained, I was almost polite when I layed that warning on the table to close the door I opened.

I noticed that you resorted to name calling, that shows me you have all the telltale signs of an ignorant debater, so I don't expect you to get the point.

Being that I revel in the controversy, I will spell it out for you.

I Judge People!! It doesn't take much for them to reveal there true nature to me. I made my true nature and intentions apparent as a curtsy for Magister Ventrue's public domain.
Don't come crying to me...I don't care. It sounds harsh but it gets the point across.

"Someday the sheep may wake up, to the reality of what it takes to be wolves, but I don't want to hear them bleat about it."
I'm not so inclined to go easy on anyone, if you would like to lock horns with me sir, you'll have to do better than calling me a brat, or a baby. I'm a Witch with a capital "B" get it right.

#421873 - 05/22/10 12:52 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Alaister Murdoch Offline

... interesting how this thread turned out. I'm not a moderator, nor even a Church member, but I feel I ought to state my opinion.
What you all do is fine, but I think I speak for most when I say that if you would like to engage in personal arguments do so in a personal message. It is obvious that this thread has strayed far from its original intent.
Saying that Satanists have "trust issues" is a gross misstatement. As part of being a Satanist, one must know the value of keeping and releasing pieces of information. I would hope it is common knowledge 'round these parts that keeping the fact that one is a Satanist is a matter of pragmatism. To imply that one has trust issues is to say that they have problems forming bonds of trust with anyone without taking into account the other party's personal character. From my knowledge, which in all honesty is rather low, I do not find that either Azeri or Infinity have "trust issues." But then again, I obviously do not have your gift for clairvoyance into people's natures, ImPerfecting.
I also don't think that M.D. Roche was defending anyone, just stating his personal opinion. I personally try to refrain from name calling, but he is reserved to his opinion and to state it as he did.
This message is not intended to defend anyone or to be as a personal insult. I just felt I needed to "set the record straight." Like you said - "It sounds harsh, but it gets the point across."
Anyhow, best wishes to all of you!
!HAIL SATAN! crossbones

"If you desire peace of soul and happiness, believe! if you want to be a disciple of truth, search!" - Nietzsche

#421877 - 05/22/10 01:49 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: M.D. Roche]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

People are going to start being banned if you can't act civilly towards each other.
Prevention of Virtue

#421878 - 05/22/10 03:00 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Alaister Murdoch]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Mooro
... I obviously do not have your gift for clairvoyance into people's natures, ImPerfecting.
!HAIL SATAN! crossbones

I apologize, but I'm only writing this to clarify it's not clairvoyance. It a highly complex system of analysis, I can cover effortlessly in minutes on any living thing that reads it's traits and motivations. I could tell you about it for days, but somed up it's Profiling and I've been refining it for yrs.

#421879 - 05/22/10 03:06 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: LKRice]
I'mPerfecting Offline

I know this isn't dircted at me, However...
Sorry about that, I know better than to be so provocating in the first place. I can tone down the text I use.

#421920 - 05/22/10 01:32 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Alaister Murdoch Offline

I was being sarcastic with the whole clairvoyance thing. No harm done.

"If you desire peace of soul and happiness, believe! if you want to be a disciple of truth, search!" - Nietzsche

#421926 - 05/22/10 04:10 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Alaister Murdoch]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
That's a lot of questions. I served in the Canadian military from 1984-88. Here are my experiences:

What is it like for females in the military or the police force?
It was a great! I loved it.

Are there still prejudice I should look out for?
Not that I encountered but some other females did.

How would you deal with them?
As a single female any tips for keeping the dogs at bay ?
Yes, don't be a target. If you come off as flirty, girly or dependent then you will be targetted as weak and at best, you won't be respected and at worse, you will be harassed.

I know sexual harassment works as a last line of defense, but how about some realistic advice to let them down a little gentler than that.
Don't be gentle, be direct. They are big boys, they can take it. A lot of alpha dogs join up so if you respond to their line with and smile and "you know that's really sweet of you..." then they will probably take it as a coy greenlight. A stern “No thanks" should suffice. If they persist then take a more "Look Gomer, hit the bricks!" Now if they touch, it's your call as to how you want to deal with it. Strictly speaking you would need to file charges of sexual harassment or assault. If you strike him, he can have you charged with assault. Which is exactly what happened to me.
I was 18, adorable and when the men first met me, they wanted to pat me on the head and send me back to the nursery. Then I opened my mouth.
I grew up with four big, bad brothers and two bitchy sisters. I may have been cute but I was not a wilting violet. My determination and use of colourful expletives proved that. I became one of the boys.
However, everywhere you go there is an asshole and one found me. French Canadian guy in hard sea trade, been in just long enough to imagine himself a demigod. You know the type, doesn't much care for “split tails” in HIS miltary. He took it upon himself to harass me a bit. Juvenile stuff mostly looks, comments, coming into the wrong bathroom, trying to corner me alone, that sort of thing. Again, I had four older brothers, I knew how to shoot a man down which of course, only exacerbated the situation. Well one day he grabbed my ass. I didn't think, I just reacted and dropped him. Long story short, he needed medical attention, which lead to questions, then charges. Luckily a male classmate witnessed the entire scene and came forward. It was still within the goombah's rights to have me charged but it was also within my rights to counter charge him. In the end he didn't proceed with the charges because he didn't want to be known as “the guy who got his ass kicked by an 18 year old girl half his size”? I also didn't charge him. Watching him walk funny for a few weeks was enough.

Are the women even still separate from the men in the military? With everything they're trying to change, I just don't know.
We were separated for Basic Training but once we were shipped off to other bases for our trades training, it was co-ed. I was one of four females in a class of 20 or so. The guys seemed surprised to see females in their course but when we made it plain that we did not expect special treatment, they accepted us.

Being strong enough for these jobs, do you find it hurts or adds to ones femininity?
I like to hear form both sides on this one.
Depends on your definition of femininity. It didn't make me girly feminine, it made me a strong woman. Think Ripley rather than Brittany.

Are you more likely to get treated like one of the guys?
While I was at work, I was one of the guys. But when the work day was done and I changed from the uniform into my civvies (civilian clothing), they were happy to offer me a drink and a dance at the Fleet Club. (the bar on the base)

For those of you who enlisted as Satanist. Did you have to tell your recruiter, or did you just write it on paper work you filled out?
I was Wiccan at the time so that's what I entered on my paperwork. They questioned me. I explained what a Wiccan was and was told that the Canadian government did not recognize Wicca as a religion. So my dog tags said “NR” (no religion).

There is a statement on the Army website in the surviving boot camp section that recommends going to church even if your an Atheist.
What do you think is it good advice?
Attendance was compulsory every Sunday and we were given the option of a Catholic or Protestant service. At first I really resented it. But then I realized that we just had to attend, we didn't have to pay attention. So I came to see it as an hour long mental vacation. Time away from PT, studying, shining my boots, polishing brass etc.

Would you do it, or did you?
I went most times. Once I faked sick another time I had some extra duties to perform.

Is it just a chapel like in a hospital or is it a service?
We had a chapel with an hour long service.

With all the conformity required already would you just do it to go with the flow, so your not making waves? I have no intention of drawing any more attention to my self than I already do.
Basic Training is not the time to make a stand. It's the time to 'conform to the norm' and distinguish yourself with exemplary performances, teamwork etc.

How hard is it to go to school from the military?
After I completed my four years, I went to college. No problems except that my military mindset didn't go over well with frat boys.

Again, these are only my experiences in the Canadian military from many years ago. Others may differ.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#421942 - 05/22/10 11:50 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Lilibeta]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Sweetie you're still adorable, by the way, I love your hair.

Lilibeta, Thank you, it really means a lot to me that you answered them all.
Being an ex-military woman, your first hand experience is invaluable to me.

5 months to go and I'll be enlisted, I can't wait.

I must say, now that I've been able to speak with other women on the subject, not just here, I feel less like I'm losing my demure, innocent, "girl power" and gaining a more refined stronger, more confident, "Woman Power" that is much more fitting to my nature.

I will save the gentle passive nature , for babies, old folks, and my cat.
Being direct is something, I'll admit needs work, but that's advice I plan to use to my advantage.

The religion and church thing I can take with a grain of salt.

That's was a great story, I'll keep it in mind if any one grabs my ass. I just might react with a "violent muscle spasm", I can be very prone to them myself.grin

It's hard to draw an understanding of something that must be done first hand.
The relevant experiences you've chosen to share, will help me take it all in, with more comparative focus.

I appreciate it very much and really enjoyed that insight,
Sincerely
~I'mperfecting

#422033 - 05/24/10 12:14 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: I'mPerfecting]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Here's my advice, keep in mind it is coming from a male.

I was in the Army for 6 years, in Special Operations and Intelligence. I also worked in Law Enforcement for a while. My wife has been the Air Force for almost 18 years in Communications. The reason I mention her at this time is that she is reading with me and wants to add some advice for herself.

First of all, joining any branch of the military is extremely rewarding but requires discipline, guts and a degree of mental strength and physical stamina not required in many other fields with the exception of possibly law enforcement. To decide to enlist is not easy and should not be taken lightly. If you decide to do so and complete the entry level training, congratulations. If you do not decide to do so, I would not think any less of you.

Secondly, to be a female in the military is not as difficult as it once was, at least in the Navy and Air Force. In the Army and Marines there are still several positions women cannot hold. However, to succeed in the military as a female requires that you simply do not take shit from the guys. As long as you can hold your own mentally and physically the men will respect you and treat you as one of the team. The military is not a place for shit bags and you will find that as long as you soldier on you will have no issues "making it". That is not saying you will not have problems, the military is made up of people from all walks of life. There are criminals, racists, sexists and all forms of general scum bags that make their way through the cracks and come out wearing the uniform. Just because they are soldiers does not mean that they are productive citizens.

Next, you do not need to worry about formal training to work in Law Enforcement. That is what the Police Academy is there for. Do not join the Service simply because you want to be a cop someday. In most states, entry level LE training is longer and more intense than Boot Camp. In some locales it even hurts your resume to have been an MP simply because now they don't have to train you, they have to re-train you.

Next, being an MP is not an easy job. You have the same trials and tribulations that civilian police go through but with a different breed of people. What I always advise people who are considering becoming an MP is to think about what they can do both mentally and physically. For instance, even a supply clerk is trained in basic combat techniques. Combat Arms are trained to a higher level. You are basically dealing with people that have been trained to kill and do so effectively, efficiently and swiftly. You have to ask yourself if you have what it takes to subdue a person like that?

Finally, for all the other questions. Your recruiter will be able to better assist you with answers on these. Quick answers are as follows:

-You do not have to claim a religious preference, if you do not it will not affect your funeral (if it comes to that) as long as your family is aware of what you are and will provide the religious part of the service.

-When in Basic, go to church on Sundays. Just pick a religion and use it as a learning experience. What you gain by going to church is time away from the Drill Sergeants. From experience, the Recruits who did not go to service were worked to death on Sundays while the rest of us were sitting in air conditioned rooms drinking juice, snacking and finding Jesus! devilchili

-The best advice is to go with the flow to a certain extent and do not draw any undue attention to yourself. Let you actions speak to who you are because your mouth will get you in trouble. Same for both military and Law Enforcement.

-It is easy to go to school while in the military. The Army even has a program where they will give you a laptop to do online schooling. I completed a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice while I was in and it was completely free. Now I am using my G.I. Bill to complete a Master's and am even getting a housing allowance. Basically, school is free and available while you are in and once you are out, they will pay you to go.

I hope this helps somewhat. If you want to ask any further questions about this feel free to send me a message. Good luck!

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#422066 - 05/24/10 11:01 AM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: HGaunt]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Lu_Safyr...this is an excellent post!
With a few small tweaks, it is essay worthy.
Screw it...it doesn't need tweaking.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#422068 - 05/24/10 12:16 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Why thank you sir. I do my best but tend to be pressed for time when I am posting.

#422105 - 05/24/10 09:30 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: HGaunt]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>It is easy to go to school while in the military. The Army even has a program where they will give you a laptop to do online schooling. I completed a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice while I was in and it was completely free. Now I am using my G.I. Bill to complete a Master's and am even getting a housing allowance. Basically, school is free and available while you are in and once you are out, they will pay you to go.

My experience is different. Combat arm units (Marine at least) don't have the free time to complete a degree. Perhaps online, but an in-class course would be very difficult for any combat MOS. The reason for this was monthly field work where a marine would be out for weeks 24/7 and even deployments. I knew many guys in my unit who had to drop out of college because they couldn't complete their assignments or attend mandatory tests.

Now post military, school is easy.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#422157 - 05/25/10 03:17 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: Discipline]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Having worked in Spec. Ops. I certainly agree that combat military life is not conducive to in-the-classroom school, Discipline. My degree was completed online through the E-Army U program (hence the free laptop). Nowadays a degree from a reputable online college is just as good as one from a brick and mortar university.

Also, I believe the original poster is female and therefore, if she was to join the Army or Marines, would not be able to attain a position in any combat arms capacity.

I do thank you though for supporting my point on how Combat Arms and the rest of the military are completely different. Having served in CA I cannot seem to help my wife understand the significant differences. As mentioned before she is Air Force ad Combat Support at that.

#422491 - 05/28/10 09:00 PM Re: Just need some Advice [Re: HGaunt]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Thank you, that was incredibly detailed. I would also like to thank your wife for her input as well. I am grateful to you both.

I really appreciate the time you put in to writing that.
I know how time consuming the grammatical detailing of a longer post can be. I can write fast, but fine tuning takes work.

I am glad you posted, the clear no nonsense details are just what I needed from someone with experience in the field(s). There is only so much information to read on the subject, so I have been carefully posing questions to people in the military and police forces. As you know, some questions could only be asked here because of their nature. I really needed the human touch for a real world understanding of what I am getting in to.

Thank you very much,
Shandra

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406070 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements