Topic Options
#42160 - 05/28/04 07:53 PM If The Shoe Fits!
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
This forum has been inundated ,as of late, by a creeping and putrid weakness. The weakness I speak of is a weakness of communication, of originality, of self-motivation and a great weakness of identity.

Starving personalities in search of free answers.

If the 'truth' does not already exist within you, you will certainly never make this discovery outside of you. This truth is subjective and cannot exist in any other form. Forget The Satanic Bible, if your life has not already been a 'living biblical' reflection of what that work contains, you are (by participating on this board) in the wrong place .

We have all been conditioned to believe certain things about our lives and our world. From childhood on, you are bombarded by things that societies and cultures insist you must accept.

The Satanist inherently rejects this!

If you find yourself seeking out others to point out what to accept or reject and in what manner you should do so...I've got some news for you--you aren't a Satanist!

The Satanist is not your friend, shoulder, sounding board or any other proverbial crutch you are attempting to substitute with Satanism.

Quit trying to make friends for the simple sake of!

You seek answers to questions that are only important to YOU! Treat them that way!

More often than not, the information you seek is already glaringly available to you, yet you persist on the same sort of mindless spoon fed conditioning that has allowed every single blind belief in every single existing false principle to continue!

You are living in and still are a part of the very paradigm that the Satanist has already recognized as false and has effectively rejected!

Satanism is not the 'poker table' you want to bluff at. So if your only holding a pair of deuces...it's time to fold and leave the game!

#42161 - 05/28/04 08:47 PM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
This should be sticky. Unfortunately, the type of person that needs to read this probably couldn't be bothered to
Looks like a cach 22
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#42162 - 05/28/04 09:22 PM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
sCara Offline

Preach it! Tell it!

#42164 - 05/28/04 09:27 PM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Dan_Dread]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Quote:

This should be sticky. Unfortunately, the type of person that needs to read this probably couldn't be bothered to
Looks like a cach 22

There may be a way to force new members to read this...

I am uncertain as to the amount of work required to put the following idea into play however...

Display the message during the sign-up process...
Have the actual sign-up link/instructions hidden in the message...
Use "Accept/Decline" buttons on the bottom of the screen as decoys that display an error of sorts...

Problem solved...
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#42165 - 05/28/04 09:35 PM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
concerningdeath Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
Well said.
basically these are people with no "real" life, pour everything into chat rooms and message boards and when that is threatened they spin into an even more pathetic frenzy. I can see why members would rather stick to the members only section.
I do think that forcing these people to read what you said or something like it (as mentioned below) is a good idea, but maybee it would be ignored and treated as an annoying pop up.
Its unfourtunate we all have to come accross this but i do like to be reminded that i should be happy that i/we are not like them.

Hail Satan!

#42166 - 05/28/04 10:19 PM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Aslag Offline

Loc: Middle East
Quote:

Satanism is not the 'poker table' you want to bluff at. So if your only holding a pair of deuces...it's time to fold and leave the game.

I think you summed it up quite nicely. There are a few on this board that I think are a few cards short of a full hand.

#42167 - 05/29/04 01:54 AM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Moria Offline

Excellent post. There are far too many lazy bastards out there. I can't believe the sheer volume of idiots that come here asking stupid questions about The Satanic Bible, but won't actually read it themselves. It's as if they're afraid to read it for fear of burning their hands or something. And with all the messages on here glaring you right in the eyes telling you to read it before you speak (read: load your brain before you shoot your mouth off), they still sputter their stupidity onto the screen.

I finally got around to submitting my card info. I'm packing it up and heading "downstairs". See you there.
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#42168 - 05/29/04 04:34 AM Quote of the day [Re: ]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

If the shoe fits ... use it to kick some ass!

That's a real good slogan creation, Miss Ravenhael.
May I quote you on this one?

#42169 - 05/29/04 07:06 AM Re: One Reply More [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Quote:

Satanism is not the 'poker table' you want to bluff at. So if your only holding a pair of deuces...it's time to fold and leave the game!

I'll quote that - it cannot be quoted enough.
Someone should make this Thread sticky.
There are enough people that go to this board and dont treat this thematic serious enough. - They ask too many questions without doing the damn "RTFM" first. They just search for somethin' "different". Satanism requires more then just the will to be just "different".

#42170 - 05/29/04 11:34 AM Re: If The Shoe Fits [Re: Mr_Atrox]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

If the 'truth' does not already exist within you, you will certainly never make this discovery outside of you. This truth is subjective and cannot exist in any other form. Forget The Satanic Bible, if your life has not already been a 'living biblical' reflection of what that work contains, you are already(by participating on this board) in the wrong place .

Nicely put, Pazuzu. I think Dr. LaVey said it well when he said: "If you have to ask, you ain't one." Phrase which has been a part of my signature for quite some time now.

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

#42172 - 05/30/04 01:45 AM Good point [Re: Mr_Atrox]
jon_wolf Offline

I agree with the points I have read. It is true, it should be something that comes from within. However, some of those that ask are in some cases young and inexperienced, perhaps even confused.
I think some indeed are looking for a "crutch", but what if it is a legitimate query? According to the reasoning proposed, is there any question that is relevant?
Perhaps not. And you are right, most of the questions people seek are right in front of them. I had an earlier experience in here where I might have misquoted or misrepresented, a remark about the "dark lord" and the word "serve" however, the ensuing comments from members made me curious, and I went back and re-read the Satanic Bible, and actually that brought up another question about Satanic Magic, that I plan on posting.
But it was due to members in here, and I thank them for their help, for making me do my own research.
What logic process to you use to distinguish between an honest question, opposed to one that is from someone who obviously doesnt have a grasp of the Satanic principles/philosophy as laid out in the Satanic Bible?
I will say that even nuclear physicists consult with other physicists in other disciplines.
I agree this isnt the Satanic Help Desk or Lonely Hearts Club, but if you think about it people asking stupid or obvious questions is as inevitable as the sun rising.

#42173 - 05/30/04 08:36 AM Re: Good point [Re: jon_wolf]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

But it was due to members in here, and I thank them for their help, for making me do my own research.

It's usually not in the interest of a Satanist to help anyone do their homework. The whole 'for making me do my research' leaves me wondering where your own desire for furthering YOUR own knowledge is.

Quote:

I think some indeed are looking for a "crutch", but what if it is a legitimate query? According to the reasoning proposed, is there any question that is relevant?

AND,

What logic process to you use to distinguish between an honest question, opposed to one that is from someone who obviously doesnt have a grasp of the Satanic principles/philosophy as laid out in the Satanic Bible?

I don't need to make that distinction--YOU do. I am not interested in covering old ground. But you should be interested in covering the new. It is neither my office, nor an inherent need to give out answers that I was desirous enough to have discovered on my own---even though I may have done so in the past.

Edited by Pazuzu (05/30/04 09:15 AM)

#42174 - 05/30/04 10:39 AM Re: One Reply More [Re: Ringu]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I'll quote that - it cannot be quoted enough.

Feel more than free to, Sir.

#42175 - 06/06/04 09:15 PM Postscript [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

After rereading my original post and the many kind replies it received, it occurred to me that this thread could stand the inclusion of one last point:

This forum is NOT some sort of Satanic dear abbey.

Granted, there are legitimate instances in which the mutual sharing of similar experiences may give those involved a fresh perspective on certain types of personal situations.

Still,

The sign above all of our heads reads:

"Letters to the Devil---Where the elite come to play..."

NOT

"----Where the answers to your life's problems anxiously await..."

#42176 - 06/07/04 10:47 AM Re: Postscript [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
A Satanic Dear Abbey! Now there's a killer idea for a newspaper column! Someone to give advice that doesn't include religious undertones. Pazuzu, you're a GENIUS!!! "Dear Peggy," perhaps?

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406348 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements