Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423120 - 06/05/10 12:14 AM Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
As I continue my study, I have attempted to surround myself with things that are pleasing – in an effort to create an environment that is completely of my own choosing.

Part of this includes modifying my immediate landscape - where I grow my own food, enjoy flowering plants, and groom my land to make it easier to manage. In addition to the outdoors, my home is adorned with unique architecture, colorful walls, creative lighting, and interesting artwork.

I have also created a “cyber” environment where I feel comfortable – even though surrounding entities are still visible.

I am interested to know what others have attempted to immerse themselves in insularism.

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#423122 - 06/05/10 12:36 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Zsche]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
In cyberland, my desktop does it all. I've used the same one for ten years now, a shot of the mind-caverns from "The Cell" which sets a gloomy yet warm mood that augments every moment on the computer. Even when it's covered in windows I know it's there. I've changed it a couple times but it never lasts. A black and white picture from Kittelsen made me depressed and a Giger painting (Homage a Boeklin) distracted me too much.

In my home, the walls are all deep red and it makes the place very cozy like a grotto. Some walls are all books (and one print of Bosch's Garden) which adds to the texture. All windows are blinded, curtained or covered in translucent artwork and woodcuts, so the outside never pesters me. The upstairs is also painted a bit lighter than the downstairs for a more open, serene area. Those windows are allowed to do their job from time to time.

We are slowly "steampunking" the whole house as well. Gears, ducts, etc. The look is part Victorian furniture and part technosculpture, and part brain in a jar. Cuz we have a real brain in a jar.

Edited by Delta (06/05/10 12:37 AM)
Edit Reason: Oh, and our wireless has no name, just a number, but the one next to us is "HOT MAMMA". Srsly wtf?

#423132 - 06/05/10 02:34 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Delta]
Tiberius_James Offline

Loc: Australia
>We are slowly "steampunking" the whole house as well. Gears, ducts, etc. The look is part Victorian furniture and part technosculpture, and part brain in a jar. Cuz we have a real brain in a jar.

Totally awesome. (the brain is kinda gross... i don't like organs). Any pics you could share of this steampunking process? My personal aesthetic follow the lines of utilitarianism and the elegance of decay. The examples which comes most readily to mind is the bathroom featured during the opening scene of the film "Dark City" and the set of Prodigy's "Breath" filmclip.

Walls would be nicotine-yellowed with water damage patches (simulated, of course) and ink stains. Hardware would be burnished brass, and doors partially stripped to appear "rustic". subtle reds and browns along the edges and corners of walls hint at either rusting infrastructure or blood, a-la "The Shining". Also "blood" streaks leading into a flat-black ritual chamber borrowed from "House On Haunted Hill". Furniture would be cognac leather, mahogany-stained timber, stacked guitar cases for coffee tables, cinderblock shelving and the like. I want it to look old, decrepit and much like a haunted house. Lots of candles and harsh lighting, too, for long shadows and silhouettes.

Now you've got me dreaming:)

-Yours, James.

#423189 - 06/05/10 08:28 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Tiberius_James]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
I do this mainly for my own amusement, but the reactions of other people in my neighborhood that might see this are fun to imagine.

#423218 - 06/06/10 02:52 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Zsche]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I love my princess motif. I'm a my little pony, barbie doll, stuffed animal girl. In my bed room my canopy bed and window bench toy chest, have all the nostalgic comfort of my favorite "Ivory towers". Dreaming in childhood innocents keeps me young. I love the crystal snow globe feel of the aesthetic.
(unless you open my closet, I keep all my expensive and favorite stuff in there. The power of transformation grin )

Contrasted to the rest of the house you'd never know. My house is so clean it's sterile. My bathrooms (are not done) but will reflect Silent Hill's gateway to Hell, and Equilibrium. My computer is brand new Toshiba Laptop and quickly taking on my personal design, though it seems to just be meticulously organized, and it's wireless is borrowed.

#423220 - 06/06/10 03:04 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Zaranell]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

My local networks include "FUCK OFF" and "Mean Ass RN." The second one makes me avoid the hospital.

#423225 - 06/06/10 05:56 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Tiberius_James Offline

>My local networks include "FUCK OFF" and "Mean Ass RN." The second one makes me avoid the hospital.

My ex wife is a nurse. I share your pain.

and I'mPerfecting... *I... LOVE... My Little Pony!!!*
though i'm on a Smurfs thing right now, so it's gotta be one thing at a time:)

yours, James.

#423231 - 06/06/10 09:01 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Zsche]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Closest I've come to doing this in any serious way - aside from having my older daughter live with me, which is a delight - is spending about $1700 on eight Batman oil paintings, specially commissioned, to hang on eight walls in my condo. Batman inspires me because he brings athleticism, science, capitalism (billionaire) and the arts (bat-themed design) to bear against the enemies of civilization, thereby hitting all five of my Satanic hot buttons.

#423274 - 06/06/10 06:18 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Tiberius_James]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Steampunking your house! That's great! I'm a big fan of Steampunk though I dont indulge in it myself. Any chance of seeing some pics? A friend of mine creates Steampunk items professionally and Steampunk was all the rage at last year's DragonCon.

I however, rent and am not allowed to paint so I'm stuck by just surrounding myself with the things I love, particularly in my private office. I have my fishtank, my Egyptian statues, my cat collection (plush toys, statues, jewelled cats etc), my pysanky collection, lots of black lace and velvet and an original Joker print, my books, comics etc.

My desktop alternates between Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth, screen saver is a nice montage of Shagrath, Nergal, Satyr and Dani Filth (no, they aren't Manga characters :-b)

I'd say it is my happy place except for the computer chair which has zero padding left largely because my cats like to sleep on it constantly. I do wish I could paint though. I'd go for a lovely sanguine red or rich purple. I think that would be much more calming than the ivory I am forced to look at each day.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#423281 - 06/06/10 07:47 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Delta]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Delta
In cyberland, my desktop does it all. I've used the same one for ten years now, a shot of the mind-caverns from "The Cell" which sets a gloomy yet warm mood that augments every moment on the computer.

I think that you can guess what desktop images I use. wink

My physical lair is generally villain inspired, but is fairly eclectic. It ranges from pretty “normal” to blatantly horror themed and often has a sort of industrial Corporate or office inspired look (using a lot of grays, blues and blacks; glass and metal furniture). Of course there is plenty of other assorted weirdness as well (for instance, I seem to have a lot of toy animals including multiple rubber houseflies, plush sharks and plastic reptiles). I like to keep things fun.

Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
I do wish I could paint though. I'd go for a lovely sanguine red or rich purple. I think that would be much more calming than the ivory I am forced to look at each day.

That’s the kind of thing that I’m very picky about, too.

One solution might be to keep some lamps with some colored light bulbs around. Since your walls are white, they should take on the color of any light source that you provide. And by keeping multiple different colored light bulbs around (I personally keep multiple black, blue and red lights around my home and switch them out regularly, depending on my mood), you can change the basic feel of any room very easily. Using different colored lampshades or other filters might also work as well.

Edited by John Prophet (06/06/10 07:51 PM)

#423293 - 06/06/10 10:20 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Lilibeta]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
My desktop alternates between Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth, screen saver is a nice montage of Shagrath, Nergal, Satyr and Dani Filth

I think I love you, Lili.

Also, the picture of Satyr: is that before or after he cut his hair and slicked it back? I'm guessing before.

#423295 - 06/07/10 12:00 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Zaranell]
Lilibeta Offline

@John Prophet: Thank you for the suggestion of coloured lights. I will give that a try. I rarely use the overhead light because they are just too bright.

@Zaranell: LOL!
Yes, Satyr after Mother North but before the hair cut. I saw him in concert with Cradle of Filth last year and he was amazing! Very charismatic man.

#423456 - 06/09/10 03:48 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Lilibeta]
I'mPerfecting Offline

My desktop alternates between Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth, screen saver is a nice montage of Shagrath, Nergal, Satyr and Dani Filth (no, they aren't Manga characters :-b)

I see you've been listening to, to much "devil music" again Nergals aren't real! wink

Then again with the way comics are these days perhaps there is a Lovecraft/fairy tail cross over I missed out on.
My Loli-Goth sensibilities, like spidey senses, would have known if it was Manga. grin

#423459 - 06/09/10 05:10 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Tiberius_James]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Originally Posted By: Tiberius_James

*I... LOVE... My Little Pony!!!*
though i'm on a Smurfs thing right now, so it's gotta be one thing at a time:)

Really...OOOOOO..What's your favorite pony, tough guy...shocked
and you can multi task, Smurfs, Snorks, Paw-Paw Bears, and Monchichi,
are all sub-par cartoons to the Ponies and Fragile Rock,
LoL

I can't believe I was able to find half this stuff, let alone all the other shit I found. Just two years ago there was next to nothing. Yay, retro revival.

Now pick your Pony or I'll poke fun, call you a poser, point, laugh and say things like "lier lier pants on fire" ...grin

I also have a very sick sense of humor, if you watch the links it'll illustrate the dichotomy nicely. That last one is disturbing to say the least, but....I've seen the show and it went with the song.

There fair warning I don't want to ruin the surprise,...whistle

Like a kid in Satan's candy store,
Hail Satan crossbones
(if your wondering this emoticon crossbones doesn't mean anything to me it's a comic icon, and "I loves him good, LIKE TACOS!!," also a TV reference)

#423465 - 06/09/10 06:28 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Tiberius_James Offline

>Really...OOOOOO..What's your favorite pony, tough guy...shocked
and you can multi task, Smurfs, Snorks, Paw-Paw Bears, and Monchichi,
are all sub-par cartoons to the Ponies and Fragile Rock,
LoL

Ok, I don't know what half of those are, but Smurfs, Snorks and Ponies for sure. Snorks kinda freaked me out 'cause of the extra appendage...

and "Liar" is spelled with an "a" :P

Now, I can't remember any of their names, but I remember I had the white one with the pink hair. Back in the day, of course - not the new generation stuff. That's why Smurfs are still cool - there really isn't a new generation of them, unlike Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers etc. (and FYI, I have Smurfette's bedroom playset, a series of mushroom cottages and the free-range snail farm. Totally. I have photographs to prove it).

There was a great innocence and sense of wonder about these cartoons way back when, and I remember distinctly how the end of each episode on a weekday morning signalled the dreary trudge to elementary school at eight in the morning (far too early, both then and now). The stark contrast between my own personal free-form imaginatorium and the tedium of mandatory education no doubt contributed to both my present idiosyncracies and general sociopathy LOL.

-James.

#423499 - 06/09/10 12:22 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: I'mPerfecting]
Lilibeta Offline

@imperfecting: heheh "devil music", that's exactly what my mother always called it. (and it wasn't allowed in the house)

I think Nergal(lead singer of Behemoth) would make a very interesting cartoon if the right artist penned it. Might give Nathan Explosion a run for his money. coopdevil
Yes, my private area is riddled with black/death metal items and I'm picking up coloured lights this weekend.

I admit to knowing nothing about manga though (I'm more of a hentai fan! :))
PS: check out the Apocalypse Ponies from Robot Chicken!

Edited by Lilibeta (06/09/10 12:24 PM)

#423533 - 06/09/10 08:40 PM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Lilibeta]
I'mPerfecting Offline

I think Nergal would defiantly give Nathan a run for his money. He could be animated by H.R. Giger and the story could be written by Clive Barker as a new chapter of Hellraiser where the Cenobites take over earth.

>>((I'm more of a hentai fan! smile )
I love it all!! You can do so much more to a cartoon, than you can do to a real person. LOL grin

P.S. you missed my favorite Pony link

#423571 - 06/10/10 06:18 AM Re: Point Five of Pentagonal Revisionism [Re: Tiberius_James]
Raine Offline

Loc: North Carolina
You know, I never really thought about it as an environment, but reading about the 80s cartoon nostalgia just made me realize how much "my" room is set in the 80s and early 90s. I have my posters & toys from Labyrinth, The Last Unicorn, and Legend, and most of the decor is very much like I wished my room was when I was a child. I wouldn't want my whole house done that way, but it could be why it is such a nice refuge when I want a break from the day to day adult drudgery.

I still watch some of the old cartoon/kid's movies on occasion, and think many of them were much better than the crap that's on now. It really ticks me off when they take something that was cute and a childhood icon (Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake), and "update" it to try to appeal more to a new generation (which apparently likes their cartoon characters thinner, more grown up, and slightly skanky, rather than just cute).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements