Topic Options
#423347 - 06/07/10 06:27 PM Involvement with the CoS
RedLanternCorps Offline

Loc: USA
Last year I became an atheist after certain events caused me to lose my faith in Christianity.

Around August I stumbled upon the Satanic Bible in the Metaphysics section of Barnes and Noble and was intrigued.

I picked the book up and read it cover to cover. At the time, certain issues were still plaguing me so the message didn't really stick.

A few months ago, however, I reread the book and officially declared myself a satanist.

I then viewed a few things about the CoS on Youtube such as the lies spread by Geraldo Rivera and wonderful interviews with prominent members like Peter Gilmore on the History Channel and Boyd Rice on some religious bullshit talk show that he had the balls to go on and stand up for his beliefs in the face of an almost entirely devout Christian audience, that really struck a chord with me.

After seeing those things I decided to see about becoming a member in the CoS because I wanted to be more involved with it as a whole.

But then to my disappointment I saw the fee to join was $200. Being that I am in college I cannot afford to spend that kind of money on a membership to the CoS but would still like to be involved or help out in some way.

Is there anything that can be done to further the goals of the CoS by non-members or must I wait until I attain the financial means to become certified?

Sincerely,

BW
We'll burn you all - that is your fate!

#423349 - 06/07/10 07:15 PM Re: Involvement with the CoS [Re: RedLanternCorps]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

While your enthusiasm is appreciated, the COS doesn't need assistance in advancing itself. We don't advertise, conduct gatherings for the purpose of recruiting or any of the things associated with white light groups and churches.

Instead, advance yourself. Become the best you can be within the goals and parameters you have set for yourself. Strive towards positive achievements.

If, down the road, membership is something you desire, you will find the way to come up with the fee. Even if it takes a few years of setting aside $5.00 or $10.00 every month. Or when you embark in your career, and you can afford to spend $200.00.

If you haven't done so, read the essays at the Church of Satan website. This will provide an idea of how Satanism and Satanists interact with the world.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#423420 - 06/08/10 06:16 PM Re: Involvement with the CoS [Re: Phineas]
RedLanternCorps Offline

Loc: USA
If I am somehow able to gain the money required to join what is the best way to go about getting a sponsor?

I have a few dollars saved up at the moment (roughly $30) but may come into some more in the near future.
We'll burn you all - that is your fate!

#423434 - 06/08/10 10:13 PM Re: Involvement with the CoS [Re: RedLanternCorps]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It is not required to have a sponsor. You may have seen reference to that in a previous post here; the poster was being facetious.

Just follow the instructions laid out at the COS website.

Again, membership is not required; it is a very personal choice, to be thought through carefully.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements