Topic Options
#423446 - 06/09/10 12:57 AM Hi
dogsmycopilot Offline

Loc: Bible belt
I saw there were a number of other introduction posts in this area so I hope I am correct about placing this here.

I'm Jenni. I don't really know what to say here. I started pagan. I mean I knew I wasn't christian but I didn't know what I was for a long time. I knew I was different. I'm from Mississippi and I am not like the people around me at all. I was kind of camped out in front of a bookshelf at a bookstore on day. I was reading trying to find something- then I found a copy of Satanic Bible way back in between the two shelves. I saw the first few pages and quickly paid for it and left. I felt like I had gotten a hold of something I wasn't supposed to have. But I read it and it was just so cathartic. I felt like I had finally found out what I was. I had a name. I had people like me to look to. I haven't looked back since. I came from a home where my mom was a single mom and worked two jobs and with what I learned from LaVey I have gone to school, built a family, a business, and a life. I'm not continuing the welfare cycle that people get so stuck in here. So much of what I am I would not have done had I not found that small book that day, had I not found LaVey. It's hard dealing with these stupid sheeple and being a Satanist brings some much needed humor to the situation.

Anyway, so I'm a mom. I homeschool my children, now teenagers so they do much of it themselves. I had to, I needed them to learn evolution and real science. I love my dogs. I live and breathe for my dogs. I rescue dogs, I take care of the neighborhood dogs here, I advocate for various animal causes.

I guess I'm mainly here for occasional moral support and camaraderie. I have been a CoS member for years and never really reached out. But I occasionally find myself overwhelmed by things and I need to find that center. "Psychic vampires" are a plenty! I think of this as a dark, soothing liar I can come and be amongst my own kind.

Thank you for allowing me to be here.

#423504 - 06/09/10 12:51 PM Re: Hi [Re: dogsmycopilot]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Welcome. Many animal welfare workers here.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#423505 - 06/09/10 12:51 PM Re: Hi [Re: dogsmycopilot]
KeithL67 Offline

Loc: Ala6amA, USA
Welcome to the site!

#423616 - 06/10/10 06:48 PM Re: Hi [Re: KeithL67]
dogsmycopilot Offline

Thank you for the warm welcome!

#423624 - 06/10/10 07:52 PM Re: Hi [Re: dogsmycopilot]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
I take care of the neighborhood dogs here, I advocate for various animal causes.

Very cool, this is always great to hear! And as MagdaGraham stated, you'll find many animal lovers here.

Some of us care for the feline variety. wink

Welcome!

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#423659 - 06/11/10 09:25 AM Re: Hi [Re: Direktor]
dogsmycopilot Offline

Hi Direktor! You a cat person? I like cats too I just don't have as much knowledge of them and they don't react to me as well as dogs do. They are truly lovely animals though, even when they are leaping from the top of the fridge to steal my sandwich! lol!

#423668 - 06/11/10 01:19 PM Re: Hi [Re: dogsmycopilot]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I enjoyed your introduction.

Thank you.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#423689 - 06/11/10 09:51 PM Re: Hi [Re: dogsmycopilot]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Indeed I am! I currently have eleven, most from the same litter and a few that chose to live with me. wink

I do respect dogs though and enjoy the company of most I know.

HS!

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#423883 - 06/14/10 12:33 PM Re: Hi [Re: Direktor]
dogsmycopilot Offline

Thank you, Roho.
I think that first post is always the most intimidating, lol.

Wow, 11? You are right, Direktor, they do choose their people. Very independent critters.

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404147 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements