Topic Options
#424663 - 06/22/10 09:21 PM Exorcisms and Demonic Possession
Liberterius Offline

http://www.bigvidpro.com/?v=TsNM8UeND8HrFHCGiiSCkg

Love these guys.
Good little show. smile

I like how they talked about the Satanic Panic (not by name) in the 80's and early 90's...I wonder to what extent that continues to this day?
Certainly looks like exorcisms in general do, quite popularly.

#424695 - 06/23/10 07:52 AM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Liberterius]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
http://christianchildabuse.blogspot.com/

In desperate and futile attempts to avoid accepting responsibility for the pedophile priests, the catholics are blaming the devil and exorcists are very busy in the vatican.

There are several articles in Blog CCA on this specific topic but you’ll have to check through quite a few pages to find them.

After over twenty years of trying to prove that Satanists didn't do it, painstakingly cataloging every individual case, we find that the floodgates have opened and can never be closed. Child abuse is a christian thing. And moslem.

I should be gloating but can't. It's beyond horror.

WARNING: if you are likely to be disturbed by reading of thousands of children tortured, starved, beaten, abused, raped, murdered - before you start, pour yourself a very large glass of whisky or other appropriate beverage.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#425016 - 06/26/10 01:47 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Liberterius]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
The proper way to handle these cases, is for the clergy of christianity as a whole, to stand up and publicly denounce the individual criminals. Since you haven't seen any of this type of behavior by any christians of muslims, it would suffice to say that the abuse continues unabated.

It's the eguivalent of Toyota knowing that a recall is in order and doing nothing about it. As we know Toyota made ammends. I doubt any such recall will come out of Christendom.

#425172 - 06/28/10 07:48 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: S810]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
As some of these folks are representatives of "God",and He is supposed to be infallible,to submit an apology from the church as a whole (in their eyes) would be to admit God's imperfection.

#425331 - 06/30/10 01:46 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: ArtAche86]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
But that's the genius of how the Christian Church is set up. They can claim to be god's representative on earth and claim all the authority it brings, but they always leave room for "human fallibility" in the background to be drawn up if they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Then then can shove responsibility out on the individual as a failure of man, leaving the organization, as a whole, unmarred. (Not unlike the mafia letting footmen do time for the higher ups crimes.)

#425334 - 06/30/10 02:01 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Iscariot]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
You have probably have heard of the Belgian police raids on catholic churches and archbishops.
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/4471

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#425513 - 07/01/10 11:08 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: MagdaGraham]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
The world is a sick, sad, place. I would like to say I can stay happy by avoiding such news, but I would rather know my enemy. I'm glad you posted that it will come in handy for those very controversial discussion in my CJ class. grin

We have been covering rehabilitation and death penalty. Did you know murders can be rehabilitate, unless their "serial" and most are not. They are people who solve their problems with violence and excessive force, or they made a mistake. Both can be retrained to better behaviors.

Sex offenders will never change or be rehabilitated. There is no cure for the criminal or the victim. It is a worse crime than murder, and affects more children than any other age group, but we don't sentence them to death. I'm often flabbergasted at the lack of common sense and reasoning of society. I am biting my tongue mad...like Yosemite Sam, if only it were legal to randomly fire six shooters when your angry.. crossbones

I remind my self all to often common sense must be taught like logic, nether is a fundamental instinct in the human race.
To many people think with the right side of their brains, or not at all. It seems when these non-thinkers act they do it with a primitive matting instinct because it's the only thing governing there reason, eeek. eek

That doesn't even began it touch on the kind of depravity, that goes in to making a sex offender to being with, like abstinence. The only source the can be fixed to help eliminate the problem, as a preventive measure, not that it works once the damage is done.

More than half the populous has/will committed a crime in their lifetime, in the USA. It's sick to think that only now are we targeting the source and coming up more creative ways of fixing the problem. We still place sex offender in treatment centers till they fake it long enough to get released, or the Vatican steps in to protect then. sick

Personally, my own barbaric feeling toward this is, burn it too the ground. Then lock the whole lot of them away in Pol Pot's prison and let him have at. One sick f*ker to another. Pity he's dead, so how about the mobs of angry parents instead. rip

#425603 - 07/02/10 06:57 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: I'mPerfecting]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: I'mPerfecting
It is a worse crime than murder

I've always felt the same. If someone is murdered,though their life is gone,they don't have to live a shattered life, reliving the agony of this unwilling event for the duration.
Quote:
More than half the populous has/will committed a crime in their lifetime, in the USA.

Out of the context of sex crimes, I feel this statistic has a great deal to do with our countries view on what crime IS. Reform is desperately needed so that harsher crimes receive harsher punishments, and lesser crimes lesser punishments. Lex Talionis is a possibility.

Visit dumblaws.com just to see a few.
And here is a present bill to see the reform of our criminal justice system come to fruition.

Edited by ArtAche86 (07/02/10 07:07 PM)

#425690 - 07/04/10 03:26 AM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: ArtAche86]
Tiberius_James Offline

Loc: Australia
how about castration? it seems only resonable that those who opt for a life of celibacy reassure the general populace by way of stepping up to the title in biological terms.

and no, promising not to snuggle any more isn't good enough. no testicles = no testosterone. hey, it worked a treat on my cat, so it'll work a treat on catholics.

>We have been covering rehabilitation and death penalty. Did you know murders can be rehabilitate, unless their "serial" and most are not. They are people who solve their problems with violence and excessive force, or they made a mistake. Both can be retrained to better behaviors.

eh. doesn't impress me. rehabilitation is only effective if initiated early and effectively reinforced. murderers owe a debt on account of their crime and, in my humble opinion, in terms of the money it takes to support these freeloaders while they're in prison (it's *our* money - yours and mine). and for what, really; a degenerate criminal (eventually) gets unleashed on an unsuspecting public... again? at worst, they reoffend. at best, they take up jobs, housing, welfare, resources and space that productive people could be using instead. no, i'm afraid i don't have any compassion for these kinds of people, and i don't want them living, working or breathing near me. i don't want to feel afraid of the world for any more reasons than there already are, and most of all, i don't want to pay for the privilege.

criminals are *not* people, too. in fact, my cat's people more than criminals - admittedly he's lazy and sponges off me for food and lodging, but he doesn't steal, rape or kill (refer to castration above), and he's wonderful entertainment, so i figure we're even on that one. and i'll never have to worry that i'll come home and find blood all over the floor and some teenage kitten tied to a chair, raped, beaten, maybe with her tail cut off, and my little Spot on the run from the law. again.

of course, i generalize a little. so-called victimless crime or, conversely, crimes which are questionable at best (refer to dumblaws.com in post above) obviously don't count. recall recently the homosexual couple who were indicted and sentenced solely on their sexual orientation. half the time, these laws need to be reviewed. the other half (where the crimes really are crimes), punishment needs to be reviewed. minimum mandatory sentencing, for example, turns kids into criminals (alliteration works a treat in making one's point), whilst capital punishment turns criminals into fertilizer. and more fertilizer means more parks! everybody wants more parks, and i want less criminals...

-james.

#425785 - 07/05/10 06:11 AM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Tiberius_James]
Foris Offline

Loc: Ohio, United States of America
Originally Posted By: Tiberius_James
how about castration? it seems only reasonable that those who opt for a life of celibacy reassure the general populace by way of stepping up to the title in biological terms.

and no, promising not to snuggle any more isn't good enough. no testicles = no testosterone. hey, it worked a treat on my cat, so it'll work a treat on Catholics.

I wish this was an option... Too bad they have that rule against "altering the body god made for you."

Not that Christians haven't ignored their own rules before- See: Pre-Marital Sex, Pedophilia

#425806 - 07/05/10 01:41 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Foris]
Thorne Offline

Yes I totally agree with the post above. It'll never happen sadly. Even though these supposed "righteous arms" of the clergy have inflicted such attrocities, they will never be truly brought to justice purely because of the position they hold.

Any man should forfeit their future opportunities to procreate after violating a child.

But such is the nature of the Catholics, judge and condemn others for engaging in whatever behaviour they deem inappropriate but happy to turn a blind eye when it's one of their own.

I believe there is a word for that and that word is hypocrisy.

#425959 - 07/07/10 09:27 AM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Thorne]
Sammy L Offline

Loc: Ohio
Funny that the symptoms experienced in most flagship catholic possession cases are almost exactly those experienced when one is under the influence of the witch's flying potion, the recipe for which is not that hard to find, especially if your institution was into torturing witches for information.

"Criminal" is a subjective term, meaning, generally, "those who hurt me and mine." It is the natural primate instinct to dehumanize those who do. It is a useful instinct because it allows violence against others without tripping through the wires of social instinct. It can be useful, if, indeed, you are using it and it isn't using you.

Sadly, in the vast majority of the time, it is the magic which controls the monkey and not the monkey the magic.

Hard and fast morals are a phase which one must grow out of or one will always be stuck at the mercy of subconscious cycles.

#426005 - 07/08/10 12:11 AM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: Liberterius]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Hello Liberterius,
I love the rationality of Penn and Teller, they are as funny and poignant as South Park. devilchili

I guess if I was going to be medieval about it, I'm a modern day exorcist. Using psychology to remove the criminal (demonic) element form civilized society. It's not all poppy-cock, some of it can be rationalized with better terminology. whistle

Epilepsy is not the right word. I hate that it's the catch all diagnosis for the religiously insane. It's scary but those fundamentalist and fanatics are one tragic incident from becoming killers, or even serial killers, because most serial killers come form strict X-ian upbringing.

I think, the irrational fear of the dark, ghost stories, and premonition dreaming all lend to fostering the notion demons exist. Until we place the "test every thing, believe nothing" idea of scientific reasoning at the forefront of our understanding, there will be no shortage of crazies. All of whom are intent of getting on their soap boxes trying to get people to agree with them and show support for their ideas to validate themselves.

Edited by I'mPerfecting (07/08/10 12:11 AM)

#426285 - 07/11/10 11:51 PM Re: Exorcisms and Demonic Possession [Re: ArtAche86]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Hello ArtAche86
Thank you for the link.

I would love to get a job on that reform board, I should have started a political career. I find the deeper I get in criminal justice the more I want to change the system. I think I will pursue such areas, where I can be an active force of change, when I become more of an expert on the subject.

Crime, real hardcore crime, It is an atrocious infringement on the civil liberties of others. Though, we seriously need to reconsider what crime IS, a law is a law, they are not suggestions, rules, policies, or procedures. If you can't follow one who's to say your capable of following the others? Where should we draw the line?

I love the ideal of Lex Talionis, it is the most satisfying form of retribution, society has come up with.It truly teaches life's harsh lesson "Do unto others as they have done unto you." It has been use before, but won't fly this day-in-age. I fully support it as an ideal but feel it needs some creative tweeking, so we can get it by the humanitarian cry babies. Those people who think love will save the world and people can change if given the chance.

I hate overly naive positivity. It's very destructive. Our tolerance, to foster incompetence and coddle the weak, has lead to some very pussifing ideals.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of these new reforms, they are focused on reforming (saving) the criminal by teaching them to "fish"(meant like the old adage). wink
Reform will always cater to the extreme of the majority, in control. History has given me no reason to believe otherwise, especially with the history of criminal justice reform.

They need some good old fashion scare tactics, like public humiliation. More people will behave if they don't know what the consequences are, because then they have nothing to weigh their actions against. We need creativity not uniformity in sentencing (which many states use now).

A side note: They do castrate certain sex offenders, but it doesn't stop them. Their problem is mental, it has nothing to do with sex, it's all about power, control, and satisfying a very very sick obsessive "need".

Hail Lex Talionis

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements