Topic Options
#424712 - 06/23/10 01:02 PM Trapezoid
MoongleMoose Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South O' Sydney
More of a question relating to occult/magic history rather than directed at the Church of Satan, however since the symbol of the Trapezoid is mentioned and referenced a fair bit in Church of Satan literature, I would like to inquire about the symbol's occult/magical significance in that context.
I've searched and read a fair bit about it's relevance to magical workings, however the most relevant, and really ONLY piece of information always comes back to the "Order of the Trapezoid" which was LaVey's initial group that was formed prior to the Church of Satan.
So I guess my question boils down to... why did LaVey choose this geometrical symbol for his group, and how does this symbol relate to Satanism?

Cheers.

#424715 - 06/23/10 01:08 PM Re: Trapezoid [Re: MoongleMoose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
This is explained in "The Law of the Trapezoid" in Dr. LaVey's book THE DEVIL'S NOTEBOOK.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#424717 - 06/23/10 01:24 PM Re: Trapezoid [Re: Svengali]
MoongleMoose Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South O' Sydney
Excellent, thank you Magister.
It's been a couple of years since I've read The Devil's Notebook so I've forgotten what's in there.
A great read too, makes perfect sense.
Hail LaVey!

Forum Stats
12115 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements