Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#426539 - 07/15/10 12:13 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: HGaunt]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Lu_Safyr
Speaking of Antisocial Personality Disorder, I would venture that most Satanists would fail a psychological exam or score as having some type of personality "disorder".

And I would venture that you might be very very wrong about that.

Real Satanists are the productive and successful alien elite, not the dregs and misfits who call themselves Satanists because they like the dark aesthetic.

Being misanthropic does not equate to having a personality disorder; the top Satanists I know personally have a firm grasp on Lesser Magic and how to function in society well; they simply choose to apply a higher standard of who they spend time with, which is quite different than being psycho-socially crippled.

You might examine your assumptions more closely.

wink

#426548 - 07/15/10 03:16 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Quaark]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Originally Posted By: Daark
Real Satanists are the productive and successful alien elite, not the dregs and misfits who call themselves Satanists because they like the dark aesthetic.

I completely agree Rev. Daark. Satanists are the productive and successful ALIEN ELITE. That in and of itself proves that Satanists do not think like the majority of people in the world who will never do anything worth doing. However, according to most psychologists, the majority are the ones who are mentally healthy.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#426554 - 07/15/10 04:16 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: HGaunt]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
majority of people in the world who will never do anything worth doing. However, according to most psychologists, the majority are the ones who are mentally healthy.

Lu_Safyr, I can speak about my surrounding - here in Slovakia, a lot of people suffer from unhealthy stress. Their general practitioners prescribe them pills to calm (dumb) them down. One of the main symptoms which occur is insomnia, no matter how much they wish to fall asleep; they just can't stop brains from working and analysing all the problems, which the life brings to them. There are various signs of problems, which are observable if you just listen to others enough well. Apathy, obesity as outcomes...

These people don't have to go visit the psychologists or psychiatrists, though it's something, what requires treatment. And if kept enough long without it, you can never know what will start in their heads.

Mental health, very basically:

"A state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community"

or

"The ability to enjoy life."

The fact, that they consider themselves mentally healthy and don't search for help from the experts, doesn't mean that they really are like that.

I also guess, that a lot of people just don't seek help because of problems with finances, mainly in countries, where the health insurance is not provided by the state.
If their ego or inability to understand are not that, what impedes them from doing so.

A lot of people eventually could 'reach a line', behind which they are not mentally healthy. They can not be above 'things' in a way, that it won't affect their healthy functioning.

#426560 - 07/15/10 06:15 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Spelled Moon]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Allow me to clarify my thought process here. I am not suggesting that Satanists are psycho-socially crippled as Rev. Daark put it, or that they cannot function in modern society. I know for a fact that is not true as I am a Satanist and am successful at life.

What I was trying to convey was that given modern psychology several behaviors that most Satanists exhibit would be seen as outside the social norm and, in some cases, classified as a disorder.

For instance: Lesser Magic is essentially manipulation of other's in order to achieve a desired result. According to The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure is a symptom of ASPD. When I have preformed Lesser Magic I have lied, deceived, used an alias and conned others for personal profit and/or pleasure. Again I would venture that most Satanists have as well.

While I am not saying that Satanists are psycho/sociopaths I am saying that in today's world of over zealous, pill pushing psychiatrists a few of us would be mis-diagnosed.

However, I will admit that perhaps the wording in my original post was in error. I apologize for not stating clearly what I was trying to get across and for moving the thread away from its original purpose.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#426580 - 07/15/10 08:27 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: HGaunt]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, that Anton LaVey had stated something quite beautiful in response to questions about the Zodiac Killer. If I am not mistaken he said something along the lines of "...maybe he just likes to hunt people."

I think that is a simple, yet brilliant, summing up of most serial killers.

Exactly! That may be what causes these people to be objects of fixation. It's the "this can't be all there is to it" thing.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#426584 - 07/15/10 09:18 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
What makes them fascinating is the sheer fact that they have done something that many people fantasize about but would never be able to or have the guts to carry out. It is the ultimate taboo, not the act of killing a person that is average at best. It is however the act of realizing a fantasy, a desire that society condemns as evil, sick or unacceptable in one fashion or another and not giving a damn. Most people can’t achieve that in their lives even though almost all people have desires or fantasies that would be deemed “taboo” “sick” “abnormal”, or at least they think they do. This is what makes most people curious and at times, obsessive with serial killers. They (the serial killer) brings his deepest darkest desires and fantasies to life. For the average person this is something they can never do. It extends to every day desires of a sexual nature as well as a societal one. Most people are terrified that “someone” will find out what it is they truly want/desire in life, who they really are, so they hide behind polite politically correct lives and pretend to be in shock when a serial killer is active or caught. Truth is, they want to know all about his crimes, his desires, his life because they are afraid of and can never allow their true self, their inner desires and fantasies to come out into the open so they live their own fantasies or desire vicariously through the life of the serial killer. They may not dream of killing and torturing strangers, but they equate their own hidden desires on the same level.

#426868 - 07/18/10 11:18 PM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
It was not so long ago that George Carlin, in the book When will Jesus bring the pork chops. Said that he got a great entertainment value out of serial killers, he said that they are caught because they mess up, the need to kill each one differently, in a different city, driving a different vehicle, and not kill ones that look alike, etc.

Also something that I have noticed from watching TV.

Besides it is interesting the level of fear that people get from only one killer, everyone gets very frightened thinking that they will be next. When calculated the odds of becomming a victim are less than the chances of winning the lottery, or being struck by lightning. Fear is irrational in most, you are more likely to be stuck and killed in a crosswalk in Los Angeles than shot, but more people worry about being shot by a theif.

So far out of the people that I have known that have died young, it has been from heart attack, prolonged drug abuse, cancer, accidents, and gun shots in that order. However still more people fear the stalker, and I'm wondering if it is that public fear that drives killers to do it in the first place?

Edited by paul_r (07/18/10 11:19 PM)

#426875 - 07/19/10 04:07 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Pablovilla]
Bliss Offline

Loc: Colorado
Paul R makes an excellent point. Fear is power, put simply.

I'm curious enough to consider looking up which ones are alive on death row I could write and ask.

BRB, writing serial killers.

#427246 - 07/23/10 07:09 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
I agree with your post in many ways, but I don't agree 100% because I do believe that we all are different.

However, I also think many people have some kind of violent side hidden inside them, but if you are wise, then you don't go around attacking people.

Nope, you will solve your problems through conversation, or through art, or other positive ways.

You will solve your problems in a way that will reward you, instead of creating problems for yourself.

I personally have no need to have any hidden desires, I do what feels right for me, and I guess that I'm lucky because my passions isn't illegal.

#427249 - 07/23/10 09:14 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Pablovilla]
Diana Offline

Wonderful analogy on the topic

It is exactly that, average individuals fear the leader rather than the group. Even stranger, they would be more likely to fear a bear's claws, rather than its teeth. It's not just rationality they lack, but common sense as well. The further time progress, the dumber we seem to get and in retrospect, its only to be expected. George Carlin happens to be one of my favorite comedian's of all time (though we know it wasn't just for shits and giggles that he became a comedian in the first place).

I honestly believe that much of society do not actually fear the possibility of it happening to them as much as they fear how other's will view them if they are not afraid. We live in a socialized world and a good citizen is largely measured on what they all have in common with each other. The first, which we all know, is religion/belief, second is income/occupancy, but third factor, which plays a big role in this topic, is outlook/point of view. If they cannot share the same feelings/outlooks toward the subject then they are not of the same caliber in the other's eyes.

Gotta love moral values.

#427250 - 07/23/10 09:28 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: LightAngel]
Happy Birthday LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Quote:
I personally have no need to have any hidden desires, I do what feels right for me, and I guess that I'm lucky because my passions isn't illegal.

That seems reasonable. I mean that's all we can do.

However I would like to consider a quote from Peter Gilmore concerning myself on the matter:

Originally Posted By: Peter Gilmore
Pragmatism is axiomatic to our system; we are realists. So the idealism of "just do whatever feels good" is exposed by Satanists as a childish recipe for personal disaster. - The Satanic Scriptures page 192 "Rebels Without Cause"

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#427579 - 07/27/10 06:17 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: LordofDarkness]
LightAngel Offline

It's a very nice quote.

For me it's all about balance, the balance between work and play, and when my work also turn into play, then it's as close to perfect as it gets.

#427715 - 07/29/10 06:51 AM Catalonia votes to ban all forms of bullfighting [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

Yay, finally, I'm very happy about this news.

And I will post it inside this topic, because in a peculiar way it's very suitable, in my eyes anyway witch

''Catalonia votes to ban all forms of bullfighting in nationalist move

Animal rights groups are celebrating, but fans say the ruling is nothing but a desire to be un-Spanish

By Anita Brooks

In a tense, historic vote, Catalonia's regional parliament yesterday banned Spain's "national fiesta" – bullfighting, handing a victory to animal rights activists, who predicted the start of a bloodless era across the country.

As of 1 January 2012, the choreographed estocada de muerte – or death knell – will be history throughout the wealthy, independent-minded region and the fighting bull – toro bravo – will receive protection under Catalonia's animal rights laws. The 96-year-old Monumental bullring in Barcelona has already demanded more than €300m (£250m) from the regional government to compensate for losses.

"Today five centuries of cruelty have come to an end," said Elena Escoda,''

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ve-2037998.html

#427771 - 07/29/10 06:05 PM Re: Serial Killers [Re: LightAngel]
Francis Offline

Loc: Los Angeles CA
I think serial killers are just crazy people, that used being crazy as an excused for their crimes.

#428141 - 08/03/10 06:26 AM Re: Serial Killers [Re: Francis]
LightAngel Offline

When my parents was young, then a broken leg was very easy for everybody to understand, but when people had a broken mind, then they were being judged so hard by ignorant people. - Ignorant people isn't evil of course, but they are very unable to show compassion, because they don't have the intelligence to understand, unless they have felt it themselves on their own body.

Today I still see this ignorance when it comes to mental sick people, it's a little less now than when my parents was young, but it's still here. I been working with mental sick people, so I have seen their pain with my own eyes, and their disease is as real as a broken leg, if not worse.

It's true that some people pretend to be ''crazy''... but it's not very often that happen, most of the time they really are crazy.

Edited by LightAngel (08/03/10 07:11 AM)

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements