Topic Options
#424510 - 06/21/10 06:58 AM Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
This article's story line would be great as an educational cartoon:
Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage

#425251 - 06/29/10 04:14 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: Machismo]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
I have to ask. Why do you have to post every single science article that you come across, would they be any less interesting to you, if you were to say... just read them yourself?

#425256 - 06/29/10 04:38 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: SINClair]
MoongleMoose Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South O' Sydney
As a whole, Satanism praises the ever expanding and evolving pursuit of knowledge within Science. A large majority of us don't have the spare time to scour the internet in search of updated and new scientific information. I praise RealityPrinciple for doing so. Saves the rest of us the time and makes LTTD an even more desirable website to visit.

#425257 - 06/29/10 04:42 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: MoongleMoose]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Agreed!
In a way...he's being the source of sources. We also have a Priestess that delivers us the goods as well. So, I applaud both of them.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#425266 - 06/29/10 05:42 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: MoongleMoose]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
I hear there is a forum for Science discussion, in the Members Only forums.

I have nothing against Science. I do not understand the reason behind randomly posting about Science however, indiscriminately.

I ask because if you notice, RealityPrinciple does not occasionaly make a post about Science, that would be particularly interesting for whatever reason, sharing his thoughts on particular article.

He shoots off links blindly. Several of them. Every time I come to this site there are at least 3 on each newest 3 unread pages.

If anyone is interested enough in a subject, like you claim to be interested enough in Science, you will have a page on the subject BookMarked or you will have it saved so you can have easy access to it, like you do it with Letters To The Devil, they will not expect to have someone else collect news for them and spoon-feed them.

Don't say that if RealityPrinciple did not shoot off Science links on LttD, you would be very sadly missing out on information on a subject you are so interested in, because your busy schedules do not allow you to go straight to the site yourself. I appreciate that you two may be online buddies and that in and of itself is just fine, but gimme a break, even friends can go wrong sometimes!

#425268 - 06/29/10 05:51 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: SINClair]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Agreed, RealityPrinciple, please let down the gun you have pointed at SINClair that forces her to read your posts. I enjoy them but the way you force her to subject herself to your kind additions to the board is just unnecessary.

Originally Posted By: SINClair
Every time I come to this site there are at least 3 on each newest 3 unread pages.

You poor, poor girl. Don't worry now that you've brought this atrocity to public attention I'm sure he'll be sent to Gitmo. Then the healing can begin.

#425269 - 06/29/10 06:21 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: SINClair]
MoongleMoose Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South O' Sydney
SINClair, I honestly don't understand what the issue here is or how your post really has any positive or constructive content on topics presented by RealityPrinciple.
Simply put, if you don't want to read it... don't read it, as is the nature on all posts on LTTD. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that prefer the scientific discussions on LTTD and how it relates to Satanism.

Hail Knowledge.
Hail Satan.

#425270 - 06/29/10 06:36 PM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: SINClair]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Your post is one big, fat, pointless, fail. On every level.

In fact, it is very close to trolling, which, if kept up long enough, is a ban-able offense.

For the record, as a CoS Priest, and as an LttD Mod, and "just" as a Satanist, I enjoy RealityPrinciple's posts here, and am glad he sees fit to scour the web and filter the most interesting science news for us all.

Feel free to haunt some other board if this is your idea of "contributing". Seriously.

If you are not interested, DON'T FUCKING READ IT.

#425299 - 06/30/10 06:59 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: Machismo]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Interesting article.

Quote:
"Creating a new armour is costly to S. pneumoniae in terms of the energy expended to make it, but it means the bacterium wins the battle with H. influenzae. However, it also means that if S. pneumoniae enters the blood stream, the immune system is unable to stop its rampant progress. Our bodies are unable to cope and the armoured bug could pay the ultimate price: death to its host and death to itself."

I like the idea of the cartoon. If I were smarter I could probably come up with some witty, weirdly relevant analogy or cute double entendre. But, at the risk of being tactless, all I can think of is, "Stupid bug, don't shit where you eat." grin

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#425301 - 06/30/10 07:16 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: Machismo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
You know...I often have delusions of grandeur that I am a pretty important fellow, destined for great things. Then, I remember that life has no innate purpose, and it is up to me to create my own purpose...you know...in godlike fashion. But I am still wrong. My life DOES have innate purpose...to be bacteria's bitch.

Silly humans.

BTW...I have no doubt that you do NOT need the likes of me to defend you...so I won't. But it is really nice to know that there are some who have a passion for something. You might even say it is enviable.

Edited by Roho_the_Rooster (06/30/10 07:18 AM)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#425308 - 06/30/10 10:00 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: SINClair]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
"Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself." ~ 8th Satanic rule of the Earth, The Satanic Bible.

#425326 - 06/30/10 11:30 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: Venom]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The appropriate authority (ie. a Moderator, Rev. Daark) has addressed the issue, there is no need to add more.

Case closed, folks.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#425327 - 06/30/10 11:49 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: Machismo]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Actually, there exists such cartoon. smile

Was my favorite, when I was kid.

French series Il était une fois... La Vie.

#425783 - 07/05/10 06:04 AM Re: Bacteria wars leave humans as collateral damage [Re: ]
Foris Offline

Loc: Ohio, United States of America
An interesting read. I find that the more we try to solve our mortality, the more complex and beautiful that mortality becomes.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements