Topic Options
#425832 - 07/05/10 09:15 PM CoS Membership
cswalters Offline

Loc: Patuxent River, Maryland
I have been reading a lot of Anton LaVey's work, and after reading it, I consider myself a Satanist, I have been thinking about applying for a Registered Membership for awhile now, but I was wondering about how long the process of it takes. I don't really mind the wait in general, but see I am in the military and my address changes from time to time, would it be possible to apply for a Registered Membership, even though my address changes sometimes.
Thanks.

#425834 - 07/05/10 10:44 PM Re: CoS Membership [Re: cswalters]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
The waiting time varies, depending on how swamped the administrative staff might be at the time of mailing. Keep in mind that there's no shortage of letters from devil-worshiping weirdos that have to be sifted through. On average, it might be a few months.

As for your moving, you can join so long as you have a mailing address that COS Central can send a confirmation letter to. You can always update your address with them later on. If you find yourself without a permanent address as of late, you may want to consider getting a P.O. Box if you don't have one already. I have one myself, because I like keeping my home address anonymous from people I do on-line trading with, and it's more secure than leaving stuff at my door.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#425835 - 07/05/10 10:49 PM Re: CoS Membership [Re: cswalters]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Thank you for your question.

It has been asked (and answered) many times before, and the answer remains the same. Generally speaking, it is best to obtain a stable mailing address somehow that will remain the same for however long you anticipate your address might have to change.

Then apply for Registered Membership with that address, and be patient.

This approach greatly simplifies things for Central Administration and is appreciated.

Additionally, requesting (possibly multiple) changes to the address that reply mail is sent to, while your application is in queue, may result in delays in processing your application.

And everything Reverend Bill M said.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404131 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements