Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#426035 - 07/08/10 10:18 AM The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?!
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Here is a letter I sent to Chuck Lindell of the Austin American-Statesman in response to this article:

Dear Mr. Lindell:

I am writing to address some misconceptions and false information presented in your July 5 article, “Satanism Wrongly Used at Trial, Death Row Inmate Argues.”

First, let’s get the most crucial element of this discussion out of the way. According to our current membership roster, Irving Davis is NOT a member of the Church of Satan. Had he been a member at any time, his membership would have been revoked the moment we learned of his heinous crime. The Church of Satan expects its members to be law-abiding, productive members of society – as the multitudes of police officers, firefighters, doctors, soldiers, government workers, teachers, PTA participants, etc. who comprise our numbers clearly demonstrate.

A web search of legitimate, public members of the Church of Satan will reveal an impressive world of successful artists, musicians, authors and other creators working in and out of the mainstream. To put it bluntly, a brutal rapist and murderer such as Irving Davis doesn’t measure up to the Church of Satan’s definitions of decency, conduct and – above all - Satanism.

Anton LaVey founded the Church of Satan in 1966 as a way to acknowledge and celebrate man’s carnal nature, and we Satanists embrace “Satan” as a symbol of our natural inclinations. Satanists are free to indulge in whatever aesthetic, political and sexual activities please them – as long as those activities are legal. Satanists abide by the concept of “responsibility to the responsible.” If we are to indulge in the freedoms given to us by our citizenship, then we are also to live within the legal structures of our society. Failure to do will lead to expulsion from the Church of Satan.

As a parent, I applaud the prosecutors in this case for doing their jobs and working to eliminate such a menace from our streets. However, the Satanist in me is unconvinced that the prosecutors are after Davis for the right reasons. The Church of Satan is absolutely not “an organization that condones and encourages human sacrifice and other illegal acts” as the prosecution and unnamed “religious experts” in this story suggest. A read through The Satanic Bible – or even a swift trip through Wikipedia – will make it clear that legitimate Satanists abhor the harming of children and animals. The truth about the Church of Satan has been out there since 1966 – for those who genuinely want to know it. Anyone who would commit a crime against a child or animal in the name of “Satan” is nothing more than a heretical Christian and obviously a person who holds nothing in common with the true Satanic philosophy. The prosecution would do well to keep this in mind as they proceed with this case; otherwise, this could be another hysteria-driven debacle akin to the West Memphis Three case of the 1990s. We Satanists are all for punishment that fits the crime, just as long as that crime isn’t one’s application of legitimate Satanism.

In closing, I join my fellow Church of Satan members in mourning young Melissa Medina. Such an unnecessary loss of life is a tragedy to the Satanist, and we grieve for this young woman’s loved ones and friends. We wish for nothing but the swiftest justice for Melissa and peace for those who knew and loved her.

Sincerely,

Joel Gausten
Warlock, Church of Satan

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#426036 - 07/08/10 10:26 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Impeccable.

#426037 - 07/08/10 10:36 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Excellent response, Warlock.

Quote:
Prosecutor Lily Stroud said the evidence was meant to show that Davis had chosen to affiliate with an organization that condones and encourages human sacrifice and other illegal acts.

"Great" prosecutor, for sure.

'Shoots' statements about 'organization', while she apparently didn't make a single effort to understand at least basics.

It's a shame.

#426040 - 07/08/10 11:51 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Spelled Moon]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
I agree with Spelled Moon, excellent response!

I wonder what Lindell's thoughts are after reading your response.

I hope Davis gets the death penalty!

#426046 - 07/08/10 01:09 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Venom]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Mærc
I hope Davis gets the death penalty!

...again.

And this time carry it out.

It has always been my contention that, although it has not happened since, what (?) the days of the "Old West" when a killer was convicted on Monday and hung on Tuesday, once convicted of such a crime the sentence should be carried out. Period. No delays. But, with all the "bleeding hearts" out there who are worried about the "rights" of these animals, it has came down to the fact that there are "people" who were convicted of murder in the late 1960s who are STILL ALIVE TODAY! And they were sentenced to the death penalty. WTF?

Apologies. I read such articles and "lose it."

The person was convicted of murder, then decides on death row that he is a Satanist and wants an appeal on his conviction because he is not allowed to "practice his new religion?"
From what I read in the article, Satanism didn't come up in his original trial, since he "found" it in prison. So, what gave him the right to appeal the conviction on the grounds that the prison officials wouldn't give him the items he thought he was entitled to?

IF he was a Satanist, he wouldn't have been in prison in the first place............. I know, preaching to the choir. Again, apologies.

Excellent letter to the reporter Warlock Gausten.

#426066 - 07/08/10 07:00 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Wonderful job. tiki

#426105 - 07/09/10 08:41 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: ]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Perhaps. smile
Thanks, all!

#426135 - 07/09/10 05:07 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Bravo!

This guy is a major fucking moron. Right, so you're already a rapist murderer now attach "Satanist" to the prefixes on your name and see how that works out in a positive way.

Fuckin' mind boggling.

Public executions need to make a strong come back.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#426148 - 07/09/10 09:39 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Warlock Gausten, that was a superbly crafted letter.

I feel you touched on every important point and nailed it down perfectly.

It was simply a pleasure to read ...over and over.

Thank you!!

#426156 - 07/09/10 11:01 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Nemo]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Magister Nemo!
Your enjoyment of my work is the greatest compliment I could've received.

Edited by JCLAG (07/09/10 11:02 PM)

#426624 - 07/15/10 05:33 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Magister_Harris Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Bravo, my friend! Bravo!
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#426630 - 07/15/10 07:15 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Magister_Harris]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Funny, I sent an e-mail (representing my own opinions, not the CoS' of course) to Texas court of appeals Judge Michael Keasler regarding his comments described in the exact article you referenced. Never received a response though. Regardless, well said Warlock.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt this case was worthy of some attention.

Edited by Iscariot (07/15/10 07:17 PM)

#426635 - 07/15/10 11:15 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Iscariot]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

As far as I can see, my letter was never printed nor responded to. It's been a week, so I think it's safe to say the Statesman has no interest in the truth. No surprise.

#426636 - 07/15/10 11:15 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Magister_Harris]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks smile

#426715 - 07/17/10 04:16 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Bliss Offline

Loc: Colorado
I wouldn't call it just yet... Your letter was provocative, interesting, and challenging - traits that garner interest, which result in revenue for them.

I, for one, hope to see it printed, as well as the fallout!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements