Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#427097 - 07/21/10 08:25 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Plague Offline

Loc: Ohio
Though a little late due to moving.....

Thank you for writing such a well formed, thoughtful, and crafted letter Warlock Gausten. Great job.

#427268 - 07/23/10 01:00 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Plague]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you!

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#427283 - 07/23/10 04:17 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Roger Offline
Banned

Loc: NJ
Although I can not speak for the CoS because I am yet not a member. I thank you for an excellent letter!

#427541 - 07/26/10 07:32 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Roger]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you very much. smile

#427985 - 07/31/10 10:30 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
DanielM Offline

Loc: Kintuhkee, Yew-Ess-Ay
Great job! But one point I'd like to clear up.

Originally Posted By: JCLAG
According to our current membership roster, Irving Davis is NOT a member of the Church of Satan.

As a newbie who is still toying with the decision of whether to join or not, my eyebrows rose when I read this. I was under the impression that there are no publicized membership lists, that members can remain completely anonymous if they wish, that CoS will keep members' names and addresses in the strictest confidencce, and that whatever membership records exist are only accessible to CoS's adminstrators (I presume Peter Gilmore plus a few others).

Am I wrong about this? Is there some membership roster that's accessible to the public, or even just to rank and file CoS members?

#427988 - 07/31/10 10:51 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: DanielM]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

No, the membership list is not available to the public.

In the case of Irving Davis, this is a different situation, as this individual was making claims that were not true. The CoS has the right to promote accuracy in the media. Nothing inappropriate was revealed, as he was not a member. This information regarding his non-membership was provided to me when I was asked to write an official CoS response to the news story. I am a media rep for the CoS, but I do not have any access whatsoever to the official roster.

If you have any further questions regarding member privacy, it would be best to contact Administration directly.

HS!

#427991 - 07/31/10 11:10 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
DanielM Offline

Loc: Kintuhkee, Yew-Ess-Ay
The CoS has the right to promote accuracy in the media. Nothing inappropriate was revealed, as he was not a member.

Certainly, and had the letter been written from whatever central offices the CoS has, I wouldn't have even asked.

This information regarding his non-membership was provided to me when I was asked to write an official CoS response to the news story. I am a media rep for the CoS, but I do not have any access whatsoever to the official roster. [emphasis mine]

Fine, that clears it up. smile

I suspected something like that might be the case, but the letter didn't explicitly say so. However, I understand that letters to the editor have to be constructed for brevity and that it is impractical to expect someone writing such a letter to fully explain how they know facts to be true -- so my point is certainly not to be critical. I just wanted some reassurance that you were not making that statement solely on your own initiative, or if you were, an explanation of how you got your information.

Thanks for the quick response, and again I thought the letter as a whole was right on target.

Edited by DanielM (07/31/10 11:12 AM)

#427999 - 07/31/10 12:43 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: DanielM]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

No problem smile

#430299 - 08/27/10 02:14 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Ferocious Beast Offline

Loc: California
On reading the article and response, It came to me that there must be a line of clergy tring to get him saved.

Imagine that headline, "Satanist becomes christian, denounces Satan"....then the lauding, the interviews, hell, the book!

I say let him be judged by his peers; put him in general population for, oh, ten minutes.

#430553 - 08/29/10 09:27 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Ferocious Beast]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Actually, the headline would read: "Already-Wacko Christian Gets Wackier, Denounces Imaginary Horned Friend."

#430572 - 08/30/10 01:43 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
I have read this article numerous amounts of times now. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate it a lot. You spoke in such a fluent and coherent way that it was like a knife through hot butter.

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#430591 - 08/30/10 01:32 PM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Unknown]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!

#431965 - 09/14/10 08:20 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Was a correction ever printed in response to your letter? Did they ever contact you in response? I would deny Irving Davis everything in his cell and would force him to look at pictures of what he did to Melissa Medina 24/7 at the very least. He has no rights and is not worthy to read TSB or practice Satanism in any way. I would go as far as cutting out his tongue so that he could not speak Satanic words. Remove his eyes so that he could not read Satanic material, and in a final effort chop of his hands so that he could not read by brail.

Your letter serves as a reminder to the ignorant that Satanists are champions of Justice, and I thank you for sending it to, Mr. Lindell. When I meet up with you I would like to buy you a drink.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#432158 - 09/16/10 12:13 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

No reply whatsoever. I don't believe they even published it.
In any event, I look forward to my free vodka. smile

#432190 - 09/16/10 10:17 AM Re: The CoS Condones Animal Sacrifice & Murder?!?!?! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

You got it and that makes two.
Reporters are indeed a one sided breed.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404157 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements