Topic Options
#427206 - 07/22/10 06:00 PM The Cloven Hoof
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
From Magistra Barton:

8 July XLV A.S.

You are receiving this post either because you have inquired about The Cloven Hoof or the Church of Satan in recent months, or because you are currently on our mailing list and I need to confirm your current address. I’m excited to announce that I will begin publishing the newsletter again by the end of July and I want to make sure you get your copy.

Even though most of our communication takes place over the Internet these days, texting and IMing, checking email and Facebook accounts and Tweeting several times a day, I think there is a need for a newsletter you can receive in the mail, settle back in a comfortable chair with a nice brandy or poison of your choice, and really savor. With our instantaneous communication, we’re exchanging a lot of information, but are we cogitating? Are we concentrating? Are we taking the time it takes to pull the threads together creatively and innovate, to properly evoke? As Satanic magicians, we know how vital that process is...the alchemical distilling that cannot be rushed, but must be relished.

A wise man told me years ago over dinner, maybe 16 years ago now, that with the Internet, the constant onslaught of information is unrelenting. Where we used to teach our children techniques for finding facts in the library card catalogues, microfiche files or using the periodicals index, now we must teach our children how to FILTER that knowledge, how to sort the dross from the precious truth and how to make sense of what they are discovering. Otherwise those who come after us will forget how to test arguments, how to discern with reason and will be vulnerable to any flimflam artist with a convincing line. That wise man was Peter Gilmore, our High Priest, and he knew even then that it’s all the more important to apply Anton LaVey’s perspective as we move into this Brave New World.

Post Office Box 210666, Chula Vista, California, 91921 U.S.A.

I know there are discussion groups and chat forums available for endless Satanic meanderings and debates now, and these are valuable. But in The Cloven Hoof, I look forward to approaching politics, economics, history, black magic, fiction, dark sexuality and music from a unique diabolical perspective, informed by many decades as a practicing Satanic witch and dedicated advocate of Anton LaVey’s work. I hope to conjure forth new vigor for myself that will reverberate throughout our sinister web, speak my mind and enjoy fresh dialogue with other devilish freethinkers. As I reflect on Satanic thought, constantly testing its strength and viability, I see it is as pertinent, perhaps more vitally needed, than it has ever been, and I look forward to sharing that vantage point with you.

If you are already on our mailing list and this is still your correct address, do nothing. Your issue of Cloven Hoof #132 will be wending its way to you in the next couple of weeks. If you wish to order a copy of Issue #132, send $7 to our post office box ($10 overseas) and I’ll add you to the list. This will include your postage costs. I anticipate releasing several more issues this year, but want to see what the response is to this CH first. A few back issues are also still available, though in photocopied form. If you want issues 127, 128, 130, or 131, please send $7 each (again, $10 for overseas orders). Legal tender, checks or money orders made out to “The Cloven Hoof” or Blanche Barton are fine.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope to earn your continued support. I am enthused about re-creating The Cloven Hoof as the forum for diabolical speculation, innovation and inspiration it was at the very beginning of the Church of Satan. Are you prepared to join me?

HAIL SATAN!

Blanche Barton, ed., CH
Magistra Templi Rex
Church of Satan

clovenhoofmag@gmail.com

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#427209 - 07/22/10 06:21 PM Re: The Cloven Hoof [Re: MagistraNadramia]
AgentMoore Offline

Loc: Bay City
I completely support Magistra Barton in this endeavor.

I do find it a bit humorous that she would use the phrase "earn your continued support". She's had mine unconditionally from the moment I met her.

Having been fortunate enough to be a good friend for years, I can assure you all that to this day she is smart, beautiful, a good mother and still one of the best things to ever happen to Satanism.

I urge all to support her efforts in bringing back The Cloven Hoof and applaud her for bearing the Black Flame for decades whether anyone saw it or not.

She's always been here and she always will be.

Hail Magistra Barton!

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements