Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#427729 - 07/29/10 10:57 AM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
The best summary of roughnecking is "it puts money in your pocket and meat on your bones."

Sounds like what my Father used to call, "Good, honest, Man's work."

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#427747 - 07/29/10 03:29 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Roger Offline
Banned

Loc: NJ
Duuude you make some cool weapons. Be sure not to swing that thing around. It seems like a one-way ticket to the emergency room. I have treated many kids (young men) who have created things like that, and I would't want anything to happen by accident.

Here's a list why:

1. When EMS arrives on scene, they will make fun of you

2. The police on scene will make fun of you and charge you with something

3. The trip to the ER will be a ball-busting extravaganza

4. Upon arrival at the ER, the nurses and doctors will bust your balls

5. When you get home, hoping no major injury your peers will bust your balls

6. Finally, you never live it down because the scar left behind will always lead someone to ask, "How'd you get that scar?" forcing you to relive that horrible day.

It will just be the worst experience of you life, and the injury may not be the worst of it.

Live long and prosper devilchili

#427791 - 07/29/10 08:01 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Roger]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Thank you, Ruben.

And yes, swinging around the flail is an EXCELLENT way to have the (hilarious) misfortune you described. Especially since there isn't a swivel joint anywhere on the damn thing.

And if you think that is dangerous, you should see My morning star. It's like that, only the ball is covered in half inch long screws securely welded on and the chain is only about a foot long, so it's much much closer to you face. It doesn't have a swivel joint either.

I'll upload photos of the other weapons I have at some point tonight.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427795 - 07/29/10 08:53 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Roger Offline
Banned

I've been involved in martial arts for 30yrs, and I am a fan of all sorts of combat weapons (not firearms). I'd love to see your other creations. Please do post the photos. devilchili

#427812 - 07/29/10 09:32 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Roger]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

I have 3 other weapon pics to post, along with an updated version of My mace. And I don't think you'll find any of My weapons in a martial arts studio as they are extremely large, heavy and overall just not very practical. My homemade knife is the only 'small' thing I have, but thats quite large itself. It's more of a big dagger in size really. I will post the aforementioned pics in a few minutes.
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427817 - 07/29/10 09:59 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Roger Offline
Banned

All weapons interest me except firearms, they are too wimpy.

Edited by Ruben (07/29/10 09:59 PM)

#427818 - 07/29/10 10:01 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Roger]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: Ruben
All weapons interest me except firearms, they are too wimpy.

How on earth can an paramedic think firearms are wimpy? Did I get that right? Did you mention at some point that you were a paramedic?

#427819 - 07/29/10 10:12 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

These are the promised photos.

And compared to a sword, spear, mace, battle ax, etc, a gun is pretty fail. Anyone can pull a trigger and run, it takes training and ability to get that close to someone, disable them and get away without being harmed.

Oh dear, it seems as though I've done something wrong and the pictures are not included inside the post, but instead you must click on a link to view them. My apologies.

Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG (13 downloads)
IMG_0015.JPG (12 downloads)
IMG_0018_2.JPG (8 downloads)
IMG_0019.JPG (8 downloads)

Edited by Hatred_Incarnate (07/29/10 10:15 PM)
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427820 - 07/29/10 10:19 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Delta]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Shotgun wounds don't look very "wimpy" to me. I could prove my point by posting a really graphic photo but I don't think it would be appreciated.

#427821 - 07/29/10 10:43 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
You only need a 72 degree angle, and you could use a grinder to get it.

#427822 - 07/29/10 11:03 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: S810]
S810 Offline

Another cool technique you may wish to employ with the solder idea is to make a mould of wood. All you do is use your saw to cut out a block in the shape of a pentagon, cut it in half. Then you'll need access to either a dremel tool or a router. Which you will use cut/carve out your desired pattern. melt some solder into the mold, let it cool, and polish. you can sand off the rough edges or even add edges like a blade. this wood work great for ornaments.

As far as welding, there is a lot of things you can do. mostly if you have the tools, you can let your imagination create anything you desire.

I got a piece of quarter inch steel that I burnt out in the shape of a dragons body, Im making a wood stand for It that will be it's wings, I'm gonna use the flat side of my grinder to give is some scales and other detail.

Attachments
serpentweld.jpg

Edited by S810 (07/30/10 09:23 PM)

#427823 - 07/29/10 11:05 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: M.D. Roche]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

When I say guns are wimpy, I mean compared to the weapons I make. I'd much rather take a shot gun wound to my arm then one from a battle ax. There's no question in My mind that guns are really dangerous, deadly and damaging. But compare a shotgun to a bastard sword, and I'll always say the bastard sword is more badass.
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427826 - 07/29/10 11:17 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: S810]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

That's why I love blacksmithing and welding. I can make damn near anything I can think of. And since it's metal, if I make a mistake, I can fix it. Like if Iut something off I shouldn't have, I can weld it back on.
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427827 - 07/29/10 11:20 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
S810 Offline

I'll take a gun over a close combat weapon anyday in a fight, that being said I think both are equally badass in their own right. What about the A10 fully auto? that's a mean weapon.

#427828 - 07/29/10 11:20 PM Re: Just out of curiosity [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
The scariest thing about guns is that ANYONE can use them. A battle ax, on the other hand, requires a lot more upper body strength.

However, if some brute with a giant sword challenged me to a duel, I'd gladly take out a wimpy little pistol and show him who's boss.

*point, click, POW* I win. grin

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements