Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428406 - 08/06/10 01:23 PM Yay! :D
Liberterius Offline

Proposition 8 in California got overturned! Meaning gay marriage is allowed again!

California gets +1 in my book for human rights.

#428421 - 08/06/10 05:25 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Liberterius]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

I too am glad that this got overturned. It's about time, really.

Quote:
California gets +1 in my book for human rights.

Despite the unambiguous position that Satanism has concerning sexual orientations (The Satanic Bible, page 67), I think sentiments like these could unwittingly turn this into a political discussion. I say this mainly because not everyone here believes in human rights.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#428423 - 08/06/10 05:37 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Liberterius]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#428426 - 08/06/10 06:56 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
I say this mainly because not everyone here believes in human rights.

Human rights.... pffft! Who needs 'em? smirk

#428428 - 08/06/10 07:09 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Phineas]
Liberterius Offline

Regarding your link there, ugh. smirk
Still, some progress at least.

And yes NapalmNick, I suppose this does verge a tad into politics; hopefully this doesn't broaden out into a discussion of human rights and general politics.
By the way, I do always love recalling Star Trek episodes from where you get your pictures, and I usually get 'em pretty fast. But what one is that where they had sombreros? 0_o

#428429 - 08/06/10 07:19 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Liberterius]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
After the Gangster planet and before the Nazi planet, there's a controversial and now censored episode, the only one which does not appear on the DVD releases. Entitled "NCC-1701 Si!", the story follows Kirk and crew to the planet Gordo 4, which was colonized some years earlier by the Mexican Alliance- Now threatened by a fast approaching comet.

In the course of the mission the crew learns about the history and future history of Mexico while coming to a new found respect for Hispanic culture. But all is not at peace on Gordo 4. Though the comet is moved with Scotty's ingenuity, the ghost of Che Guevara returns to free the colony from what he perceives as a capitalist federation. In the ensuing guerilla battles in the planet's jungle zone, Kirk is forced to choose between the victory of Guevara (The episodes of late season 2 were rife with unsubtle communist/pacifist commentary) and loss of Gordo 4 to the Federation, or teaming up with Batistar, a leader friendly to the Federation but cruel in his rulership.

Features Edward James Olmos in a cameo, as well as Uhura's only nude scene.

#428431 - 08/06/10 07:31 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Delta]
Roger Offline
Banned

Loc: NJ
I amazed that you have this Star Trek info committed to memory! I forgot about the equal rights thing.

#428434 - 08/06/10 07:39 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Roger]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
... ? Did you just done goofed?

Originally Posted By: Roger
Only the weak ask for mercy, the strong accept the consenquences of their actions without regard for the outcome!

Apparently the consequences were never the same.

(Oh I crack me up. grin )
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#428437 - 08/06/10 07:51 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Delta]
Liberterius Offline

Originally Posted By: Delta
After the Gangster planet and before the Nazi planet, there's a controversial and now censored episode, the only one which does not appear on the DVD releases. Entitled "NCC-1701 Si!", the story follows Kirk and crew to the planet Gordo 4, which was colonized some years earlier by the Mexican Alliance- Now threatened by a fast approaching comet.

In the course of the mission the crew learns about the history and future history of Mexico while coming to a new found respect for Hispanic culture. But all is not at peace on Gordo 4. Though the comet is moved with Scotty's ingenuity, the ghost of Che Guevara returns to free the colony from what he perceives as a capitalist federation. In the ensuing guerilla battles in the planet's jungle zone, Kirk is forced to choose between the victory of Guevara (The episodes of late season 2 were rife with unsubtle communist/pacifist commentary) and loss of Gordo 4 to the Federation, or teaming up with Batistar, a leader friendly to the Federation but cruel in his rulership.

Features Edward James Olmos in a cameo, as well as Uhura's only nude scene.

That was the best thing I read all day, hands down.
Yep, and Olmos' uniform I have in my picture there is the uniform of the Mexican Alliance military I believe...ok makes sense now.

And Shade, I have just one thing to say to you:
CYBER POLICE I BACKTRACED IT

#428438 - 08/06/10 07:59 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Shade]
Roger Offline
Banned

Yo no creo

#428439 - 08/06/10 08:06 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Shade]
Roger Offline
Banned

I maky fixy para tu. Coprendes ahora?

#428441 - 08/06/10 08:14 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Delta]
Roger Offline
Banned

Is this true? One of my partners is a Trekkie, and I like to toss him some trivia.

#428442 - 08/06/10 08:20 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Roger]
Roger Offline
Banned

Yo no bueno spellero. No mas importante!

#428446 - 08/06/10 08:58 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: Liberterius]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
As Magister Phineas points out, the fat lady hasn't yet sung. But there's much cause for optimism.

I gotta say, I am very impressed with how Schwarzenegger has been handling this case. He's a real class act and a credit to California Republicans.

#428451 - 08/06/10 09:58 PM Re: Yay! :D [Re: reprobate]
Roger Offline
Banned

Let's hope the supreme court follows

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM