Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428737 - 08/10/10 07:59 AM Just do it, dammit
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
I saw a comment on a thread about demonstrating Satanism being something worth reading, so I thought Id write a thread about how I have applied Satanism to my daily life and what it is doing for me.

Last year was a mix of shitty things and good things; I funded myself through a second spell in college and earned myself my second Diploma with a highest grade in Music Production, my first being in Music Performance. My biggest achievement was special recognition for me efforts in scoring music for films, and my work is now used as a demonstration to new students as what can be done with hard work. (for any horror buffs I put music to the final minutes of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which contains no music after she crashes out of the window outside the house).

After this a few shitty things happened and I found myself homeless, so with some quick thinking and evasive action I got myself on a year holiday/work in Norway to give myself some room to sort my shit out. Doing something completely different, which didnt involve people (they can be annoying), cleaning and feeding cows, which is great if you love animals. They are hilarious.

Now when I came to Norway I was overweight, and I had decided I would be easy prey to hoodlums, and also general disease, I also felt I had lost my enthusiasm musically with all the chaos, so I bought myself an acoustic, and spent every day playing guitar in between work, whilst studying hard and developing a great exercise regime.

So I have maybe 4 months left before I return to England, and I am starting to get myself an Edward Norton body, and my music is coming on leaps and bounds, with lots of recordings and music written for an application to University in 2011/2012, after I spend 18 months earning money in England.

So that is where I am at, and where I am going, and although a Satanist is born and not made, without discovering Satanism and studying it I am sure that my determination would have been a blunt and useless butter knife, not a battle ready sword cutting its way through everything that crosses my path.

I also must add that personally, having studying Satanism and read things of use to me, I very rarely find myself having to go back to the sources. I found everything to be more like a users manual for myself, getting the best results and knowing which buttons NOT to press. Of course an error message comes up once in a while, but I keep the manuals wrapped in plastic in a box in the cupboard for quick consultation.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#428744 - 08/10/10 09:17 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Very nice! I think there is an inherent urge driving Satanists towards productive ends. smile

What you wrote, and what Witch Gausten previously wrote on the board about being judged based on how one applies Satanism, got me thinking: how do I apply Satanism in my every day life? There're two things which spring immediately to mind:

1) Study. Constant, unrelenting study. I have a degree in Social Anthropology and want to teach at high school level. Social Anthropology isn't a major that lends itself to any high school subjects (possibly Social Studies), thus this year I have been studying English lit and History so as to teach those two subjects. I have been fully immersing myself in the formative period of my country's literature, as well as jumping into feminist literature as that in particular is something I would not normally choose to study.

I do this in my free hours between raising my son and then working full time during the evening/night. If I have any spare time after that I'm still reading texts of a Satanic bent and those relating to my own personal interests.

While I'm at work, which is repetitive and mind-numbing, I listen to podcasts such as the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe, Skepticality, For Good Reason, etc. I also listen to audiobooks and lectures.

There is not a single moment that I am awake that I am not studying.

2) Lesser Magic. Since embarking on Project Faust, I have read many texts relating to Lesser Magic and have been solidifying my knowledge of reading people and situations both in the work place and in public. This has been nothing but beneficial to me as it has enhanced what I see as a natural ability to fit in to any social group or setting I am confronted with.

The herd has strength in numbers and is very powerful. Add general stupidity to that and the herd is not something I want to be singled out by in any way that would endanger my safety or the safety of my loved ones. Honing the ability to observe and selectively interact with the herd when it is beneficial to me is an invaluable skill!

Those are just two examples of, what I think is, Satanism in action. The application of Satanic theory to real-life situations furthers my understanding of Satanism as a whole. smile

#428771 - 08/10/10 02:26 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I'll give an example from my very recent experience of "responsibility to the responsible".

I've seen people to take this and other Satanic statements to be something along the lines of "I'm a lone wolf" and "I don't owe anything to anybody".

Now of course if one lives alone, out in the woods, this is true. But for those of us who have to deal with life in the city and in large organizations there are limits to how far you can take that - you need a network.

I'm usually very picky about my network, but I tend to invest when opportunity shows up.

A couple of years back, somebody I did not know that well, but who came recommended from people I trusted fell on hard times. This was not his fault, he simply had bad timing. So I introduced him to somebody in my network and suggested that they might have mutual business interests, and it turned out that they did. So he quickly recovered his loss.

Now recently it turned out that there was an opportunity related to what he is doing now, and he returned the favor and said "I'd be happy to help you out if I can".

Meanwhile there was another project that I'd washed my hands off a while back which recently started going belly up. Strangely enough people who would not listen to me at the time were suddenly crawling out of the woodwork hoping that I would help them again. I didn't even give them the time of the day.

I don't yet know how this pans out, which is why I'm a bit oblique about it, but over the years this is how I have seen things work out. Rely on yourself - but not so much that it becomes counterproductive.

#428774 - 08/10/10 03:12 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: verszou]
Roger Offline
Banned

Loc: NJ
I agree! You have said what I've been trying find here. All I've noticed were those who boasted their independence from society. Using spooky or mystical name, they seem to be proud of nonproduction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to be productive to society? The alter-ego names seem to be a representation of their fantasy personality. If we are Gods, why would we have an alter-ego? I'm not saying that you should use your true name, i get that, but spooky names? Really? How can they be taken seriously? I have spent many years educating and training myself to be a Productive citizen not an outcast. It is through participation in society you gain power, not isolation. And if all you do is study and not produce, you are still unproductive.
I wrote this on my iPhone, so please excuse any mistakes. I will correct them later. Your input is greatly appreciated.

#428779 - 08/10/10 03:46 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Roger]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
And if all you do is study and not produce, you are still unproductive.

Remember this old gem, "Satanism demands study, not worship"?

Study is the starting point. If one is totally immersed in their particular field of study, study is the all-consuming activity. At which point you are a consumer of all the knowledge that has come before you. To be a producer at this point would be premature. It is the same in any field you enter, I am studying to enter the field of education, having studied another field previously which I think will benefit this next endeavour, and I wouldn't deem myself ready to step into the role of "educator" without having studied as fully as possible first.

So don't rag on students just yet. wink We all have to study at some point. And I would hope we all study well. Magister Sass wrote an invaluable essay in the form of his introduction to 'Project Faust' in his book, Essays in Satanism , which, along with How to Read a Book, has been important in the way I've approached my second epoch of tertiary study.

#428782 - 08/10/10 03:50 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Original Sly]
Roger Offline
Banned

Loc: NJ
I support students. Don't misunderstand me. I was and still am one. However, there are many people who study endlessly while they live in moms basement at age of 40!
That is whom I refer to! Not you! You are productive!

Edited by Roger (08/10/10 03:53 PM)

#428783 - 08/10/10 03:55 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Original Sly]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
I do not have time to post a lengthy essay as to how I have applied Satanism towards my ends right now. I am reading, sipping coffee and getting ready for work. However, I felt it necessary to thank Skjalandir and the rest of you for posting this thread. I am reading some truly amazing stories of Satanism as a TOOL not a RELIGION. That is an important fact that I feel far too many who are attracted to this infernal empire overlook.

Perhaps in a couple of days I will have time to post some of my own triumphs on this thread, but for now thank you all again.

Ever Forward!
Hail Satan!

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#428791 - 08/10/10 05:05 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
I also must add that personally, having studying Satanism and read things of use to me, I very rarely find myself having to go back to the sources. I found everything to be more like a users manual for myself, getting the best results and knowing which buttons NOT to press. Of course an error message comes up once in a while, but I keep the manuals wrapped in plastic in a box in the cupboard for quick consultation.

Well said and a wonderful reminder of an all too familiar experience. I can remember my mother telling me at a young age that I was just like my father and she often said "I was entirely too selfish". I never noticed anything "wrong" with not wanting to share with others. "Why should I?" was my motto from about Seven years old and on.

When I discovered Satanism and began exploring the tenets and philosophy, it simply fit into my own outlook and life practice. Life is better with the source material in mind and success is often enjoyed because of it. May your travel on the left hand path lead you where you most want to be and may you gain all that you desire.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#428795 - 08/10/10 05:49 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Even after umpteen years of membership and reading the Satanic Bible, it still serves as a source of inspiration after all these years.

Keep a copy by the bed. smile

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#428831 - 08/10/10 11:15 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Since I read The Satanic Bible late last year I have...

1. Remained clean and sober (one year and counting).

2. Read more books than I probably have in my entire life (not just the ones written by Dr. LaVey or other CoS members).

3. Acquired a few business opportunities, via The Undercroft.

Things in general have just been going my way. I find myself thinking/hoping/wishing that something (that's beyond my control) will turn out a certain way and it usually does, to some extent. I won't say that I've been blessed by the infernal powers of the Prince of Darkness, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention anyway. I've performed a couple of rituals but I doubt I released enough emotional energy to cause any reactions outside of the ritual chamber.

Basically, this has been a very good year for me so far and I'm sure that I owe much of it to Satanism and the way it's inspired me to make the most of my life, using my natural abilities (I don't make any efforts to act Satanic).

#428835 - 08/10/10 11:23 PM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
(for any horror buffs I put music to the final minutes of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which contains no music after she crashes out of the window outside the house).

I would love to see this.

And congratulations on your achievements, I enjoyed reading this.

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#428836 - 08/11/10 12:07 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: verszou]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: verszou
Rely on yourself - but not so much that it becomes counterproductive.

Exactly right--and, be honest with yourself about your and others' natural limits. After all, in all of nature, there is no such thing as a wholly autonomous, absolutely isolated, completely self-sustaining unit that neither affects nor is affected by the larger world.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#428846 - 08/11/10 02:30 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Bedlam]
Skjalandir Offline

Originally Posted By: Luthor_H_Bedlam
Keep a copy by the bed. smile

Now this actually made me laugh!

A few months ago I had The Satanic Rituals on the window ledge by my bed whilst planning out a ritual. One of the cats staying in my room was messing about behind the curtains one night, doing the usual "you can't see me I am invisible" cat routine, and I woke up the next morning to the smell of burning. The little bugger had knocked the book down the back of the radiator, and when retrieved it all of the pages fell out.

Just another example of cat outsmarting human.

But yes you are right about it serving a source of inspiration. There have been many times when opening The Satanic Bible from page 1 has sparked new projects, or give a second wind to failing ones.
- Ian Dury

#428848 - 08/11/10 02:35 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Direktor]
Skjalandir Offline

Well this is very nice to hear!

The majority of my possessions, along with coursework etc are with my Grandparents back in England, so I've written a little note in my journal/planner and when I am back in England at the end of the year I'll go about making it possible to watch on that youtube thing.
- Ian Dury

#428849 - 08/11/10 02:37 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Nice reading from you, Sir. Mainly when I remember how hard circumstances you have and with what you had to deal (meaning the closest family). It must have been very difficult for you, and you've my respect for dealing with life the way you do and at same time, here go my best wishes to you for the good continuation.

Also reading from others was enjoyable.

As for me, the strong bond between my nature and Satanism, and CoS itself (even while not being a card-owning member, yet) brought a lot of beauty and positive things into my life.

With that said, I will keep it to myself for now, and will wait for the other, slowly but certainly (I trust) approaching opportunity. smile

witch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements