Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428851 - 08/11/10 03:01 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Cats are highly skilled at discovering what you love, then urinating on it. Sounds like you got off light wink

For a book which has lost its pages due to the glue getting overheated, I always use Sobo glue. If they have it in Norway I highly recommend it. Don't use a large glob, just enough to coat the spine of the paper cover completely. Allow a little bit on the front and back cover, you won't be able to open the first page all the way but if you try to avoid it, the first and last few pages may fall out again. Some recommend taking sandpaper to the edge of the pages to be re-affixed, but I've had equal if not better luck just straightening and sticking them in bare.

Thanks for the tale of cows and chainsaw music! I'd like to see TCM redux too.

#428853 - 08/11/10 03:12 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Spelled Moon]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Well that was very kind, thank you, and I wish you all the best in what you are doing. I seem to recall it is performing in orchestras, which is fantastic if it is true.

This made me to think of something that motivates me and always will. My grandmother has been battling cancer for many years, and has won countless times now, but will lose the battle this week according to the doctors. Something that has always stuck out is her positive fighting manner in how she goes about the situation. Not once has she appeared to have given up, or taken the ever growing “give me pity” approach adopted by the masses. My father actually made the comment “we don’t expect her to come out of hospital this time, but she’ll have a thing or two to say about that, she’s as tough as they come”.

It crossed my mind that this is rather personal, but I feel no shame in championing someone publicly. After all, the moral of the story is very appropriate.

It really hit home; the first step to personal failure will always be wanting other people to give you pity and playing the role of the victim. The only way forward in any situation is focus and determination.

I’ve been called a cruel heartless bastard a lot of times by people, but these same people can be seen crying into the shoulders of strangers in public over love loss, failures and other peoples problems.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#428854 - 08/11/10 03:15 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Delta]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Delta
Cats are highly skilled at discovering what you love, then urinating on it. Sounds like you got off light wink

laugh

This never happened to me with Cats I knew, but I must admit that I always had weird feeling when saw a Cat sitting on my clothes or inside my travelling bag. smile

#428858 - 08/11/10 03:20 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Delta]
Skjalandir Offline

Brilliant. I have it all together and wrapped up with string for the time being, but I will wait until I am in England for repairs just because (without sounding political, because it is true, ask anyone) Norway is just so damned expensive!

Treating myself to a new copy is also a possibility. I do rather enjoy getting a package in the post.
- Ian Dury

#428861 - 08/11/10 03:31 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

I saw this in other thread on LttD and bookmarked, and thought that I must try that. Maybe you would find it useful, too. smile Could be fun and a pleasure to do, the Bookbinding.

By the way, my musical activities are just a hobby. smile

#428862 - 08/11/10 03:36 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Re: Skjalandir;

If the pages are all good and you feel like a treat, you may want to check out a bookbinder and see if they'll give your old page block a leather binding. There's an amazing shop in Bath which does absolute top notch work for only-slightly-over-reasonable prices. Only problem is that whole town smells like mildew and some of their books have taken the scent frown

Re: Spelled Moon;

Back when I was into Tool I was eager to see their live show, having heard it had awesome Bros. Quay style animation in it. One night I found a rare VHS performance and shelled out the horrid price. I came home and set the tape on my bed, still in its case with the artwork. The cat sniffed it as I walked out to set down my other belongings. When I came back, the artwork was shredded and soaked in urine. The cat has never acted that way before or after, just something about that one tape set her off. She must have known how long I was looking for it.

She's sitting on the stairs right now looking at me, smiling. She knows what I'm writing. She's evil. coopdevil

Re: Spelled Moon 2;

Yes, this bookbinding thing suits Satanic literature well...

#428863 - 08/11/10 03:48 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Delta]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Oh, beautiful!

tiki

#428864 - 08/11/10 04:13 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Delta]
Skjalandir Offline

That's sold it. I have to bind everything from now on.
- Ian Dury

#428868 - 08/11/10 07:15 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: TrojZyr]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
After all, in all of nature, there is no such thing as a wholly autonomous, absolutely isolated, completely self-sustaining unit that neither affects nor is affected by the larger world.

TrojZyr...the above statement is the perfect starting point in discussing Greater Magic. Or, since that is a discussion to be discussed downstairs, a pointer for the many who have said to have trouble with that aspect of our religion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#429066 - 08/13/10 02:43 AM Re: Just do it, dammit [Re: Skjalandir]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
The only advice my dad ever gave me was, "Life has good times and it has bad time. Yes, we all want the good times to last forever, but they don't. In fact they are few and far between, and they don't matter. What truly matters is how you deal with the bad times, those you will face a lot more of."

He was never part of my life, but I never forgot those words. I am and always have been a fighter. After facing a major down fall, like the ordeal I just endured. I picked myself up brushed myself off and reevaluated what was important to me. Now I'm back in school holding down my 4.0, which I thank Satan for. I could be specific but it'd take all day to detail the roots of influence, like Sass. Which just goes to show you never can tell, just how your actions influence others, or things. But they do, all the time, even when your not looking.

Nothing can keep me down, except maybe death and even he has quite the fight on his hands. I'm just to determined and stubborned to give up and stay down. I have a lot of endurance but even it has it's limits, we all fall down some times. What matters is weather or not we stay there and let it beat us.

This trait in Satanist to keep "fighting" responsibly is what I truly admire and respect. The real decent qualities Satanism represents, are not in the book. They're part of the magic, part of the Satanist, part of our Satanic nature that separates us from the herd. The quality of character, that is truly in our words and deeds. It something I hold in the highest regard, because it isn't found any where else. It's rare, uncommon, and unique, even though I wish it wasn't. It is these beautiful qualities, that the Satanist is born with and chooses to cultivate, that truly make Satanism Elite.

Brings a tear to my eye.
Hail Satan!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements