Topic Options
#429245 - 08/15/10 06:04 AM Mental Health
Lie Offline

Loc: Lacey, WA
Hello, I have a few questions regarding what The Satanic Bible says about mental health.

- Is a diagnose (such as bipolar, depression, or an eating disorder) an obstacle for joining and being respected in the community?

- The bible talks about the masochist who enjoys self-torture, couldn't self-injury (cutting) be viewed in this way as well? I self-injure quite frequently, but I enjoy it. It is my only way of releasing anger, and I fell bloody empowered while doing it. Same goes for eating disorders: could they be viewed as a form of voluntary and conscious masochism? I feel superior (as sick as it may sound) because of mine. It (paradoxically) gives me strength, gets me through the days, and helps me set goals. It gets me closer to perfection as defined by me.

I guess I just want to know if the (maybe warped) views of the world and myself can conflict with Satanism taking into account that I do not feel weakened at all by them.

Thanks in advance.

#429252 - 08/15/10 10:56 AM Re: Mental Health [Re: Lie]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Lie
Is a diagnose (such as bipolar, depression, or an eating disorder) an obstacle for joining and being respected in the community?

Your medical issues are essentially your own business. However, if they lead to some unsatanic manifestations in your behavior, then of course people may notice that and rightfully judge you.

While I realize that clinical depression, bipolarism, etc. are real issues, they are in fact treatable. I've noticed that some people who have these conditions ultimately don't seem to want treatment, preferring to use the term as a crutch and play the victim card. Granted not all do so, but there's obviously nothing Satanic about it.

Quote:
The bible talks about the masochist who enjoys self-torture, couldn't self-injury (cutting) be viewed in this way as well? I self-injure quite frequently, but I enjoy it. It is my only way of releasing anger, and I fell bloody empowered while doing it. Same goes for eating disorders: could they be viewed as a form of voluntary and conscious masochism?

The Satanic Bible also stresses the differences between indulgence and compulsion. Self-injury, as I understand it, is not a kinky thing but rather almost always a sign of underlying self-image issues. Self-loathing is very unsatanic. Likewise, there's a difference between indulgent gluttony and an eating disorder; the latter is a compulsion.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#429483 - 08/18/10 07:58 AM Re: Mental Health [Re: Lie]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
It is hard to top Bill M.'s assessment of the topic, but as an additional viewpoint I offer this:

Obviously the CoS has no way of knowing one's pathologies when one joins as a registered member.

If one is honest in their Active application and owns up to their illness the application will no doubt be heavily scrutinized for any signs that said illness is manifesting and could become a detriment to well being and reputation of the CoS. Central alone can make a determination if they wish to risk by granting active status.

If one lies but the illness manifests by illegal activity or becomes obvious by behavior there is always a chance of membership being terminated.

More importantly---surely there are more important things for someone with mental illness to be doing before committing to a religious organization? It seems to me that accepting one's illness, embracing it and claiming it is a strength is a cosmic cop-out for those uninterested in self-development and too lazy to work at wellness. I would consider that a real obstacle for being respected.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#431754 - 09/11/10 07:36 PM Re: Mental Health [Re: Lie]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
You have already been given some good advice.

No one is perfect. we all have things to deal with in life. For some people the obstacles faced might be circumstantial. For others it may well be mental or more personal.

Satanists are not perfect, varnished creatures. grin

But they are honest with themselves. And that understanding of reality allows them to deal with matters.

I have quoted this many times. But the writer Charles Bukowski sums this matter up:

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#450285 - 04/24/11 09:21 PM Re: Mental Health [Re: Lie]
Ashtar Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Moderator Note:

This is the third time in one day you have posted in this section incorrectly.
Cease doing this or risk losing board posting privileges.
Last time, from the notice on the main page in bold:

Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.
All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Daark (04/24/11 09:26 PM)

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements