Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429404 - 08/17/10 01:05 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Some people simply lack the discipline or organizational skills to set up a ritual and enter the temporary "intellectual decompression" state.

Others simply don't enjoy or feel the need to perform a ritual because it feels silly and contrived, and they do just fine without it.

#429429 - 08/17/10 06:10 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: M.D. Roche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: M.D. Roche
Others simply don't enjoy or feel the need to perform a ritual because it feels silly and contrived, and they do just fine without it.

"Because I'd feel silly" has to be one of the stupidest excuses I ever hear for avoiding ritual, and is good example of the person who, as I said, lack the discipline to get into the intellectual decompression state. There's nothing grand about being compulsively Self-conscious, especially when nobody else is in the room.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#429438 - 08/17/10 07:03 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I always wondered what made people feel silly when by themselves. And then I wonder how they get about to jacking off alone. To me masturbating looks silly as all hell, which is why most people do it alone.

As for making christianity work with Satanism in a relationship. A resounding NO. Not so much on the part of the satanist, but I have yet to meet a christian who is a practicing christian, to embrace a satanist in terms other than the old "I'll pray for your soul" bit.

#429467 - 08/18/10 05:24 AM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: S810]
Raithe Offline

Loc: USA, Manchester UK
Being friends with people that are christian is ok in some ways. But you really can't fully express yourself around them. So I would see no point in trying to date a christian or for that matter even go as far as having a relationship with one. As mentioned before and I agree all you ever hear is that they will pray for you.

http://vampiretemple.com/

#429469 - 08/18/10 05:49 AM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:
1 - Do I need to be vengeful? I know a lot of the philosophy advocates vengence and such on those who deserve it but for the most part I just don't have it in me to do that, sure I get pissed every once in a while but I can't sustain the killer instinct that some of the things advocated by LeVay would require. Should I just give up now?

How old are you? You seem very young.

Perhaps you didn't deal yet with people, who would truly deserve your vengeance.

I used to be the same lucky and considered myself successful in avoiding wrong people or at least good at dealing with them, until few months ago when I started having more frequent and closer interactions on a business level with a man you wouldn't want to know. I realized, that all 'wrong' people I knew before were nothing in comparison with him.

I won't feed you with details, because it would take me ages to write everything down and they are not important for the topic itself. All I want to say is that such kind of person, once when gets in your way, will eventually 'help' you with exploration of yourself and a part of you that you have "needed" never before.

When one is present in your life, you don't see anything good coming from any of that person's deeds and increasingly, by time you receive informations of wrong character, you'll feel the need to deal with that what's wrong, so the wrong loses its feeling of safety. Also, you see how it effects on you and then how by time you start effecting on others about whom you care, and it's them who suffer from your 'latently' present bad mood, instead of the one who is the cause of problem- it will raise negative feelings.

In nature, I am a person who doesn't like to create unnecessary problems, if I trust that there is a possibility to solve it differently. But there is certain measure to it and of course, I am careful to not let anyone misuse this trait of me. I think that it made me find my new level of a constructive assertiveness.

I am not a fan of vengeful behaviour and nature; I think that it requires too much time of thinking up how to destroy someone instead of enjoying life.
But when you are certain about that you do right, it feels excellently.

Lordrandom, I used to be similar as you in this one trait; I even didn't have reasons to get angry; it was about that vast majority of people who I let closer to me were nice. But I think, that eventually you'll experience that vengeance's taste is sweet when a person which objectively did you a harm will get a lesson.

If that happens, the best is to wash your hands above such people immediately as you find out, or they can cause you yet some unease.

#429491 - 08/18/10 09:43 AM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Lordrandom

2 - My fiance is a Christian. While I do not share her faith (obviously or I wouldn't be here) I want to at least give her the respect that comes with a loving relationship. If I were to consider myself a Satanist would I be insulting her? I don't want to commit to a message that says someone I love is an idiot for believing what she believes

To be blunt, considering oneself a Satanist isn't really the issue. You are either are...or are not. Everything after that is up to you.

ps...I appreciate the tone of your post. If it reflects how you relate in real life, your fiance is fortunate.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#429492 - 08/18/10 09:49 AM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: S810]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
I always wondered what made people feel silly when by themselves. And then I wonder how they get about to jacking off alone.

Or even just really getting into a fictional movie, for that matter. I guess some people are deathly afraid of surrendering critical thinking, even under knowingly controlled conditions.

Originally Posted By: S810
I have yet to meet a christian who is a practicing christian, to embrace a satanist in terms other than the old "I'll pray for your soul" bit.

I have 2 or 3 close Christian friends, and our differences in religion has never been an issue. One of them in fact conducted my wedding ceremony (secular, of course). I guess that we just accept the fact that we each have our personal reasons for believing what we believe, and mutual respect for being people who can have an objective conversation on philosophy, appreciate ritual, and know how to defend their convictions. I can't think of any Satanic Sins that they really commit, behavior-wise.

Of course, I'm not in a romantic relationship with any of them. That's a situation where religious compatibility is a bigger concern, at least for me.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#429536 - 08/18/10 02:25 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Because Satanists are born and not made there are certain characteristics within the Satanist that will run contrary to that of a Christian. After all Satan means opposition. So while it is possible to be married to a Christian as a Satanist it is highly likely that there will be characteristic differences. Satanists have an amazing ability for survival so using Lesser Magic is an option to keep the peace. But I suspect that eventually one might say fuck it after a long hard days work. My home is a place of rest. I like to be who I am and do what I want without having to change for someone.

Ultimately it comes down to cost VS reward.

Is she/he worth it to you?

#429695 - 08/19/10 10:23 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Speaking for Myself, when I read the Satanic Bible, I didn't need to play around with the idea of calling Myself a Satanist. I read it and was overjoyed to find that many of My own thoughts and ideas were reflected in the book. Only You can decide if the same holds true for You.

I have openly and pridefully called Myself a Satanist for years. For the most part I can honestly say that any negative reaction has been insignificant and minimal. Perhaps it is the way that I present both Myself and the topic. I do get people who ask genuine questions, and I answer them openly and honestly. They seem to take joy in learning something new. (One thing I will note is that in identifying Myself as a Satanist, before I joined I would always point out that I was not a member. I also tell people now that I am only a registered member. I ALWAYS direct people to the books and the web site.)

Now to your questions:
Quote:
1 - Do I need to be vengeful?

Do you need to be? If someone goes out of their way to wrong or harm you, would you be fine with turning the other cheek? Satanism recognizes that hate is a natural emotion for people. As is stated in TSB if you love everyone it cheapens the meaning of the emotion. Pent-up hatred can lead to many destructive paths for the individual so it would seem healthier to honestly hate. It comes down to the situation in question. Some people are deserving of your love. Give it to them. Some are equally deserving of your hate equally distribute it.

Quote:
My fiance is a Christian. While I do not share her faith (obviously or I wouldn't be here) I want to at least give her the respect that comes with a loving relationship. If I were to consider myself a Satanist would I be insulting her?

That would depend on how open minded that she is. Certainly some xtain folks are insulted by Satanism and Satanic dogma. As Doctor Lavey advocated "There's a place for you and a place for me. But the bleeding hearts wouldn't let it be we don't need them anymore." Not all, but a good share of xtains are not happy until they sucker someone else in. Furthermore it is a difference in lifestyle and thought. Generally anything in life that they approach is done so with a blind faith and worship mentality. It doesn't matter what alter they worship at but they need to worship something. It all depends on her and you and how secure you are with the fact that you are both individuals.

Quote:
Do I need to do the magic stuff? Magic has never appealed to me

Again the question can only be answered by you and your situations. I would advise keeping an open mind and at least testing it before you make up your mind. Consider that the "magic stuff" makes up half of the book. That is no small portion. Dr. Lavey also talked about it in many other forums. That tells me he took it as a pretty serious part of Satanism.

I hope that this has offered you help with your considerations. May you find what you seek.

HS!

#431113 - 09/04/10 01:58 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Lordrandom Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Quote:
I think I am just too literal a person to invest myself in them.

You're not one of those annoying people who talks through an entire movie, criticizing each scene, are you?

No, I just don't see the point when it comes to magic. When I want to do something that will create a result I do something that I know for a matter of fact will create that result. That's why I think magic is only 1/2 than praying. It takes power for the pracitioner but at the end of the day you are still just wishing, instead of acting.
Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon

How old are you? You seem very young.

I'm 20.
Originally Posted By: Dino

Do you need to be? If someone goes out of their way to wrong or harm you, would you be fine with turning the other cheek? Satanism recognizes that hate is a natural emotion for people. As is stated in TSB if you love everyone it cheapens the meaning of the emotion. Pent-up hatred can lead to many destructive paths for the individual so it would seem healthier to honestly hate. It comes down to the situation in question. Some people are deserving of your love. Give it to them. Some are equally deserving of your hate equally distribute it.

I'm not sure how I'd act. There are times when I've felt wrathful towards someone but it always just fizzles out. I would try to defend myself and if wronged I do think I would try to correct that wrong if it mattered to me. I think my question in this comes from never have a sustained need for vengence.

Your post makes sense, I think the best approach for me would be to just see what happens and be open minded to the tools at hand when the time comes.
Thank you for your help everyone. I wanted to wait until I was sure everyone who was going to post did so before I replied.
I think whatever I chose I have to lot to learn from Satanism so Iím definitely going to stick around.

#431122 - 09/04/10 04:52 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"That's why I think magic is only 1/2 than praying.."

And you arrived at this conclusion how, by practicing Magic for numerous years, as Dr. LaVey did? Dr. LaVey who, as I have stated before, was a practicing Magician, who obtained verifiable, tangible results, who discussed this at length with certain members of the COS who happen to be on this board, who wrote extensively about the subject and provided enough instructions for anyone to follow and be able to do the same?

But here comes you, a 20 year old "expert", issuing opinions about things you absolutely know nothing of, as proven by your ridiculous remark above, arriving at amusing conclusions based on "Well I just think...".

Wonderful.

Thank you for the entertainment.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#431124 - 09/04/10 05:03 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Phineas]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Phineas
And you arrived at this conclusion how, by practicing Magic for numerous years, as Dr. LaVey did? Dr. LaVey who, as I have stated before, was a practicing Magician, who obtained verifiable, tangible results, who discussed this at length with certain members of the COS who happen to be on this board, who wrote extensively about the subject and provided enough instructions for anyone to follow and be able to do the same?
But here comes you, a 20 year old "expert", issuing opinions about things you absolutely know nothing of, as proven by your ridiculous remark above, arriving at amusing conclusions based on "Well I just think...".

Wonderful.

Indeed, Magister Phineas. I might add that Dr. LaVey didn't preach his findings. He simply advised that one try it for themselves.

LordRandom said:

"When I want to do something that will create a result I do something that I know for a matter of fact will create that result."

Dr. LaVey's sentiments exactly.

I will only finish by saying the emotive casting of our own fishing line is very different from being starving and praying for a fish.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#431189 - 09/05/10 01:31 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Lordrandom Offline

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
Originally Posted By: Phineas

Wonderful.

Indeed, Magister Phineas. I might add that Dr. LaVey didn't preach his findings. He simply advised that one try it for themselves.

LordRandom said:

"When I want to do something that will create a result I do something that I know for a matter of fact will create that result."

Dr. LaVey's sentiments exactly.

I will only finish by saying the emotive casting of our own fishing line is very different from being starving and praying for a fish.

I apologise.

I know that I am inexperienced. I don't claim to be an expert nor have I ever claimed to be such.

I knew that some people might not like my opinions but I thought that I would be safe in posting them in a Satanist message board. So my arrogance was in effect an attempt to avoid looking weak which I thought might be worse than causing offence.

I know I was wrong. Instead, in future I will stick to the Satanic principle of only offering my opinion where it is wanted.

#431220 - 09/05/10 06:54 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

When you have the chance, may I suggest a visit to www.churchofsatan.com and reading through the Nine Satanic Sins?

There is nothing wrong with admitting you don't know if you don't know. I have learned A LOT on this message board and if used right can be a wonderful tool.

#431364 - 09/06/10 09:11 PM Re: Questions regarding Satanism [Re: Lordrandom]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
It doesn't matter to me if you practice magic or not. What irks me quite a bit is how dismissive you are of it without (what seems to be) real knowledge about the subject.

It's funny to me that your are, in a sense, asking strangers for what seems like relationship advice. I'm betting you already know your answer. From my own perspective, I don't care if someone is insulted by me being a Satanist--that is if they find out in the first place--and that spells bad news in a relationship. Last time I checked, Christianity involved convertin' heathens so maybe you could be her little project.

I had dinner with a couple where the husband is Jewish and the wife is Muslim. They have kids, she goes to the synagogue with him (as an obedient Muslim woman should coopdevil) and they get along OK. It's probably not as culturally incorrect as a Shia marrying a Sunni but I'm sure they have their moments. I guess my point here is that if love and family is your primary goal, you sure ain't the first or last person to try this. Personally, I wouldn't try it. Relationships are a lot of work in the first place and why add one more thing to work out?

Besides, there are a lot of Satanic Witches out there and maybe if you worked a bit of magic, you could land one of your own ;-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements