Topic Options
#431839 - 09/12/10 03:13 PM Hello I am new here.
Ashade Offline

Loc: N Las Vegas, NV
My name is Dana and I am shy. I don't like to talk much and I am tring to open up more. For years I have been tring to make sense of everything. I was raised as a Christian and I have never understood what they was tring to teach me. I am a very slow learner and I have trouble understanding what I read. I just feel that I may find some answers to questions if I can just find someone who understands me. So I found this web site through the Church of Satan link and I am holding back the fear I have hoping I will find the answers I seek. I am slowing reading everything and hoping I will understand it all. I just hope no one will get upset with me if I don't understand.

#431842 - 09/12/10 03:40 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Have you obtained a copy of the Satanic Bible yet?

That is the most important aspect of discovering whether Satanism is for you.

By all means, read as much on the Church of Satan website as you can. But reading that book is really the most important first step for you.

This place can be helpful. Some people who post here offer some helful perspectives. But do remember that is is the internet - there are also one or two assholes.

In fact, quite a few more than one or two. grin

Once you have read the Satanic Bible and understood it for yourself then you will be armed with the knowledge that will enable you to sort the wheat from the chaff.

It's really not a problem if you decide it all isn't your bag. You just move on in your own life and do something more to your own betterment.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#431843 - 09/12/10 03:48 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Ashade Offline

I use to own a copy of it and I gave it to a friend. I was going to buy a new copy for myself once I got away from my family. But things haven't worked out as planned. I am hoping to get a job soon so I can buy what I need. I have been out of work for a long time.
I am hoping I can find more than that one book to learn from. It was alright for a start and I believe in it well enough. I am just worried that because I haven't been open for the past few years it's going to be harder for me to pick up where I left off. I have been lost in confusion for a few years and I just want to make sense of it all now. I am seeking the truth more than ever now.

#431844 - 09/12/10 04:00 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Well it isn't a book one reads once and that's it. I don't know anyone that doesn't pick the book up quite often over many years.

But there is no rush for any of us. If you have to sort out your personal circumstances before continuing with your studies into this then that would be the wise thing to do. After all, there is no point causing unnecessary difficulties for yourself.

There are other books you can learn from. Most notably The Devils Notebook, Satan Speaks and The Satanic Witch - all by Anton LaVey.

There are quite a few more. But those would be the principle core of what you need to be starting off with.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#431849 - 09/12/10 05:55 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Ashade Offline

Ok Thanks I will pick up the books as soon as I am able to.
I know I can only go foward from here. But I do wish I didn't give the book away. I was just tring to help my friend see the truth about satan, because she believed in the wrong things (don't want to go into it). In the end the friendship is gone and she didn't want to give a long distance friendship a chance... but doesn't it always go that way.... or at least that is how it seems for me.
I have been wanting to read the book again... just didn't want to choose a book over food.

#432140 - 09/15/10 07:02 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
TheAbysmal Offline

Dana,

Is it okay that I call you Dana?

Judging by what I have read that you wrote, I would say you are actually very good at opening up. I already feel like I know more about you than perhaps I should in the span of three posts. Of course, I do not mean for that to come across as rudely to you. Rather, I aim to complement you on your obvious success in your effort to open up more, if not to also suggest you might find it better to be a little more guarded in what details you reveal up front.

This is, after all, on the Internet. Many of the people here probably can be trusted, and I know that I trust a handful of them myself. Still, lots of nefarious types could be here, too. While it is only a matter of time that they are discovered and seen to the door, probably better not to give them too much information while they are still here, right?

If I could chime in on your last comment--and keep in mind I am not a member of the Church of Satan, let alone the Priesthood--no Satanist here would have you choose to buy the Satanic Bible over being able to feed yourself. If your choices are food or the Satanic Bible, rest assured, the Satanic Bible can wait.

In the meantime, while you get your work and finances where you want them, you can read what is available at the Church of Satan website nearly for free. The only real cost there is whatever it costs you for Internet access.

Best of luck to you in getting to where you want to be. smile

Refuse to die.

#432323 - 09/17/10 12:31 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
Sammi Offline

Welcome, Dana - I am also new here. I hope you enjoy the time you spend on the forums and that you also manage to get your hands on a copy of The Satanic Bible. smile

#432611 - 09/21/10 04:34 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
chaoticbliss Offline

Loc: IA unted states
WOW im new here to and i find some of these forums really boring and trvial. Ive read the satanic bible several times and agree with most of it. does any one have anything interesting to talk about.

#432619 - 09/21/10 04:49 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Quote:
WOW im new here to and i find some of these forums really boring and trvial. Ive read the satanic bible several times and agree with most of it. does any one have anything interesting to talk about.

Then why don't you start up an interesting topic?

Just so you know... There are TONS of interesting and non-trivial discussions in the VIP section of the board.
Prevention of Virtue

#432620 - 09/21/10 04:51 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: chaoticbliss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: chaoticbliss
WOW im new here to and i find some of these forums really boring and trvial.

Then by all means, go start a thread on a topic that you don't think we'd all find to be "boring and trvial [sic]".

Edited by Bill_M (09/21/10 04:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Never mind. Priestess LKRice beat me to it.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#432622 - 09/21/10 04:55 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Bill_M]
chaoticbliss Offline

Loc: IA unted states
i think i will thanks for the advice

#432715 - 09/22/10 06:07 AM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
Pyrael Offline

I also am new here Ashade, and like you I was raised in an x-ian home(if you can call it that). I feel you are very good at expressing yourself and thoughts. I am not a registerd member of the CoS, but I have read the satanic bible and it will conferm the value of vital existance. Buy food, the satanic bible will be around for a long time. You will find it easier to read on a full tummy. Also, in reading you second post I find you to be a rather quick learner with a mind to discover whatever truths you can. we are similare in this as well.

#432785 - 09/22/10 07:08 PM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: chaoticbliss]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By: chaoticbliss

Satanic rule of the Earth 8. Do not complain about that which you need not subject yourself to.

This is a wise piece of advice from our founder Anton Szandor Lavey. If you don't like it here, quite simply do not attend.

#432884 - 09/24/10 01:02 AM Re: Hello I am new here. [Re: Ashade]
Pyrael Offline

ChaoticBliss: What can be more interesting than takeing a seat at olympus and conversing with the Gods.Listen closely, and try to learn. If you stay and do not learn, madness may find you.
just a friendly note.

Edited by Pyrael (09/24/10 01:04 AM)

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements