Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#431870 - 09/13/10 01:54 AM Koran Book Burning
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
Hello Everyone.

I am just curious as to what you all thought about the recent attempt by Terry Jones in the U.S. to organise a burn the Koran day?

In Australia at the moment there is alot of controversy over a man who went live online, rolled up a koran and a bible page and proceeded to smoke a joint with it, suggesting "it's a book, who gives a shit".

So, What are YOUR thoughts on the events of this last week? Do you think it is utter stupidity? or were you hoping to line up on burn day?

Please share your thoughts...

The Hampster

#431872 - 09/13/10 02:47 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

While I know that political discussion is reserved for downstairs I will try my best to keep my personal perspective as anti-political as possible.

1.) I think that every individual has a right to decide their own religion but in the end the strong over rule the weak. If one religion dominates another then that's just the way it is and always has been in the past.

2.) Illegal activities of any sorts are completely stupid.

For the Church of Satan's view click here. And doing juch acts in a public forums is even dumber. Obviously I am in full agreement with the policy of the Church of Satan which is why I sent the link to you. So it really doesn't matter what book he's using as a joint I see the act as an act of stupidity.

#431873 - 09/13/10 03:04 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#431874 - 09/13/10 03:10 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Jupiter Offline

Since you've asked, I'm glad that this christian "black mass" against Islam didn't turn out well. If it did, it would probably be a spark for mass hysteria and possibly an unnecessary "holy war"

Christians and Muslims already are enemies, even if they disguise it, such event if took place would put more fuel on the fire, the consequences would be disastrous on all sides. They are mad and dangerous, both of them.

I don't care if they burn the Quran, or the "Book of Life," but not in public, some people may choose to do this in private like in a Black Mass. wink

Anyways, this is just my humble opinion.

I'd like to share more thoughts though, but you know all the publicity thing. grin

#431875 - 09/13/10 03:31 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim

I think this article at the CoS home site is all that needs said on this topic. I could not have said those words better even with days to think about them. Thank you Magister Phineas for shining the light in the right direction.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#431878 - 09/13/10 04:42 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
I didn't know this page existed. Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the link, if anyone has more light to shed please do.

#431886 - 09/13/10 07:13 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Morning Star
Hello Everyone.

I am just curious as to what you all thought about the recent attempt by Terry Jones in the U.S. to organise a burn the Koran day?

I thought it was mostly a media produced event. There is no reason, other than ratings, that I knew that a minister of about 12 people said he was going to burn books yesterday. It was nonsense.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#431897 - 09/13/10 10:12 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: JayLucif]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are most welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#431908 - 09/13/10 03:19 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Quote:
Do you think it is utter stupidity?

Yes, that's about right. Book burning is certainly nothing new, and probably won't be going away anytime soon as long as there are idiots around.

Although, I would love to see someone at a public book burning accidentally set themselves on fire, and go up in flames in front of the cameras. Now that would be entertaining! tiki tiki

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#431910 - 09/13/10 04:23 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: spook show]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
Stupid, childish histrionics.
But surely it was obvious that allowing a mosque to be located within cooee of the 9/11 site would provoke a reaction, stupid decision.

#431928 - 09/13/10 07:50 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: ]
Lust Offline

I thought it was funny that this one lacked attention. They should have included that dreaded Muslim book and served Mexican food instead. That may have drew a better crowd. vomit

http://blog.seattlepi.com/bookpatrol/archives/182095.asp
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#431941 - 09/13/10 10:16 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I live not far from there.
This topic was brought up...
It concluded with several people saying it be rather entertaining to watch the media circus. It would be the most excitement Gaines ville has ever had within its boarders.

However in light of the childish anti-religious stances, I made the following points... Christians buying qurans to burn are only spending money that will support the faith of those they are protesting. As for the middle east Islam will take any excuse it can get to riot. Those people are looking for any reason to kill, and activity commit atrocities in the name of their faith. It's sick! I would say burn the books on principle, but it goes against my nature to destroy any book. I also don't have irrational fears and think that words can hurt me.

Now maybe, just maybe we all just might get lucky, and like hyper active lab mice, from the wrong end of the gene pool, who freak out over every little noise or movement, Islamics too will get so worked up over nothing, that they will "kibby" them selves to death!!grin

Honestly
Fuck Islam !!! and the imaginary f(r)iends they fight for!!

The rest of world should not have to walk on egg shells, because every little thing will set these people off, with an excuse to kill or riot. They are holding the world hostage with childish threats of holding their breath and suffocating twenty other people with them. It's sad but it says a lot about how soft this race has become. sick

All over the world people are kowtowing to these threats and giving in to these demands for this imaginary figure, wrapped in the wicked disguise of respect. All over the world every one's trying to not be hypocritical so they are giving into what Ala wants. Which is what Islam wanted, the whole word obeying the demands of their imaginary friend or else... Or else what they'll blow up their own people?! I don't get it... vomit

You know if this was Brazil they would do the same things over soccer, at least soccer is real and only once a year (at least their predictable). God Damn it!!
tsk, tsk, tsk,
Hail Reason,

PS Thank you Magister Phineas for posting that article. H.P. Gilmore always makes an excellent point. It is nice to to see a sound voice of reason is still out there, after being inundated by the media frenzy.

#431947 - 09/14/10 01:08 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Cryptodelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Ho hum, a cheap attempt at media hijacking.

Now, If they burned an effigy of The Nazarene sodomizing Moho dressed in red white and blue, on Oprah, that might get more attention.

Edited by Cryptodelic (09/14/10 01:10 AM)
Edit Reason: not blasphemous enough

L P S Clock: 10:30

#431957 - 09/14/10 02:58 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Cryptodelic]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Originally Posted By: Cryptodelic
Moho

I must be way out of touch with things of the outside world, what exactly or who is MoHo I did a search and I am getting alot of weird results and not sure who or what you mean? Just out of curiosity Moho?

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#431958 - 09/14/10 03:29 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

What I have found the most pitiful from the whole event, as someone watching it from outside (meaning, not involving a lot of emotions in it), was that two groups of people, one 'funnier' than the other (in my eyes), have 'met' in this 'argument' demonstrating their silliness, their empty certitude about that they hold a key to how the world should be, based on their non-existent, by the same silliness designed deities.

Again, the wars inside of a sandbox.
Or... What non-sense can we find and convince ourselves that it is worthy of fighting for? Behind what can we hide our human weakness so we can call it noble names and noble goals?

There is nothing worse than childish adults behaving in a mischievous, silly manner and pretending (or worse- believing) that all what they mean is very important and the only truth. Adults are dangerous and some people should never stop wearing Pampers.

Events like the mentioned one make me shake my head and want to move to some other planet.

One Czech band has this line in their lyrics 'The Middle Ages aren't over, the Middle Ages continue', and when thinking of Islam (or anything else lacking the grasp of reality and healthy reasoning), I am finding those words 101% true.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements