Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#431971 - 09/14/10 09:25 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: JayLucif]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
Originally Posted By: JayLucif
What exactly or who is MoHo.

I reckon the poster was making a reference to Mohammed, Muhammad, Mahommed, Mahoma, Mihemed, Maomé, Maometto, Momo, Moho or whatever you want to call the prophet of Islam. jack

#431975 - 09/14/10 10:13 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Luigi]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Ahh that makes since then if that was the intent of the poster. Otherwise I was getting search results about Anime studio and something to do with geology which might just be way more interesting than watching misguided sheep argue over who's fairy tales are more important and who's version of them are more right from their imaginary made up friends. coopdevil

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#431980 - 09/14/10 12:09 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
For my part, all I'll say here is, I think bigotry and mass hysteria are much greater threats to our way of life than Muslim fanaticism.

#431995 - 09/14/10 03:37 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: reprobate]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Not even close.

The amount of deaths and property damage caused by bigotry and mass hysteria pales in comparison to that caused by Islam.

Bigotry and mass hysteria is not an organized group carrying out murder and destruction on a world wide scale.

Islam is.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#431999 - 09/14/10 04:02 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: reprobate
For my part, all I'll say here is, I think bigotry and mass hysteria are much greater threats to our way of life than Muslim fanaticism.

Originally Posted By: Phineas
Bigotry and mass hysteria is not an organized group carrying out murder and destruction on a world wide scale.

Islam is.

Yet Islam and Muslim fanaticism are bigotry and mass hysteria.

#432001 - 09/14/10 04:32 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Delta]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Well, I did say it was "all" I would say. We were canvased for our opinions on the original question. Are you looking for me to clarify and expand upon my view, or to defend it? It might suffice to say I think Magister Phineas is wrong.

ETA: As always, I am willing to clarify my views, but I don't consider a BBS to be the appropriate place to defend them, nor do I consider anonymous strangers on the internet to be an audience to whom I really need to prove anything. I will only clarify if I'm asked by someone I think genuinely wants to talk about reasons, and isn't just looking for an opportunity to grandstand. (I should put this in my SIG. It's becoming my standard disclaimer.)

Edited by reprobate (09/14/10 05:55 PM)

#432002 - 09/14/10 04:41 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: reprobate]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Magister Phineas is absolutely correct, and his comment is backed by the empirical evidence of the last forty years.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#432003 - 09/14/10 04:42 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Delta]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Most bigots and mass hysterics are not murderers and terrorists. Being one does not necessarily lead to the other.

Islam is unique in that it is a religion of bigots and mass hysterics, and they have chosen the path of terrorism and murder.

Other religious bigots and mass hysterics are not doing that.

#432004 - 09/14/10 04:42 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I assure you, Magister Phineas, when your opinion of my opinion matters to me, I'll ask you for it.

#432006 - 09/14/10 04:46 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: reprobate]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If you can't handle the heat.....

Perhaps you should retreat to that academic playpen you reside in, and take a time out.

#432009 - 09/14/10 05:39 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Phineas
and his comment is backed by the empirical evidence of the last forty years.

Heck, let's just start with the current calendar year:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2010.htm

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#432010 - 09/14/10 05:40 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
One is not necessarily the other, but all are subsets of the same old disease. One might say that while Muslim fanatics from abroad are the greater threat to our lives, the local Christian fanatics are the greater threat to our way of life. The problem with that statement is that one's way of life comes to an abrupt end when one's life is ended. But it's also dangerous to discount the life-threatening danger of our own homegrown fanatics, be they local Christians, Muslims or some deranged Crowley nut. That said we need to keep perspective on the great skew on the graph: It's the Muslim extremists within our nation that concern me most, and the Christian extremists outside it that concern me least.

But seriously. Fuck every last degenerate breed and berth of them.

#432030 - 09/14/10 10:04 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: reprobate]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I think bigotry and mass hysteria are much greater threats to our way of life than Muslim fanaticism.

Actually in the 1980's psychologists have abandoned that term and replaced it with various other terms. And in 1980 American Psychiatric Association officially changed the diagnosis to "conversion disorder". So it makes you even wonder just what the heck is "mass hysteria" to begin with?

Well here seems to be what psychologist Marc D. Feldman thinks: http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/article/mass-hysteria

Though "mass hysteria" can be used to manipulate the masses it does no damage in of itself. Mixing the mass hysteria with religious fanaticism can be very dangerous and cause such death and destruction as the attacks on 9/11 did. So I do think that such things mixed with the fanaticism of religious belief causes a whole lot of blood shed. But it is the mixture of such that does and is not just 1 thing in of itself.

This is just my opinion.

#432034 - 09/14/10 10:19 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Unknown]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I wasn't using the term in a clinical sense. I meant collective actions undertaken by the willfully uninformed ("All I need to know", etc.), motivated by fear and hatred, absolved of responsibility by opportunistic demagogues.

Edited by reprobate (09/14/10 11:21 PM)

#432036 - 09/14/10 10:26 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: reprobate]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I see.

Well the clinical term certainly meets the criteria as part of the religious fanatical terrorists.

Sorry I misunderstood you. I have been studying psychology a lot lately.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements