Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#432276 - 09/17/10 07:50 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim

Thank you for that article link, that brought a smile to my face and showed a stark contrast over using Reason over say complete mindlessly mass insanity.

Although I disagree is some ways how modern Atheism is fully carried out. I still could not help from noticing how those, at least those who use their minds to figure things out, over those who are manipulated by religious thought and their religious leaders. Makes one really consider the Third side here, based off of the media reporting and those who reacted to the reporting of this little small town preacher's planned actions and those who went out in a emotional fueled frenzy into those communities over those plans. One really does have to think about who really are Satanic in all of this or those who use the Devil's tools when appropriate, and think about who the defacto Satanic ones are at the very least.

Bravo!!!

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#432283 - 09/17/10 08:25 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: spook show]
Sammi Offline

As somebody who doesn't believe in insulting the religions and beliefs of others, I think that this is unacceptable. Clearly a way to attract the attention of the media and the public, as most of you have said.

Originally Posted By: 2thenight
Although, I would love to see someone at a public book burning accidentally set themselves on fire, and go up in flames in front of the cameras. Now that would be entertaining! tiki tiki

Absolutely; I love the sound of this!

Edited by Sammi (09/17/10 08:25 AM)

#432292 - 09/17/10 09:27 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Sammi]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You don't want to insult others but don't mind seeing them injured.

Interesting.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#432303 - 09/17/10 11:08 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Sammi Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas

Interesting.

What goes around, comes around - so if that did happen (unlikely as it may be), the book burner probably deserves it. I apologize for not making that clear in my previous post.

Edited by Sammi (09/17/10 11:16 AM)

#432314 - 09/17/10 11:23 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Sammi]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

What goes around, comes around

Conduct a little search on Islam and book burning, bible burning, and people burning. wink

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#432315 - 09/17/10 11:38 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Sammi Offline

Will do - thank you for the recommendation. smile

#432320 - 09/17/10 12:29 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway

That's the prerogative of, say, a professional boxer. whistle

#432467 - 09/20/10 07:13 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#432473 - 09/20/10 07:55 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
Lust Offline

Every single officer who was on duty is entitled this pay for their precious time. Many officers where I live provide off duty security and has served a valuable service in the community. The criminal mind of Terry Jones may just get him locked up before long. The cool thing is is that Florida puts their inmates to work picking up trash in green and white stripes along side major highways. A possibility for Jones should he buck the state of Florida and lose.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#432476 - 09/20/10 08:36 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Lust]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The one thing that might bankrupt Jones is the retainer for a good lawyer, one that can fight that "bill".

The officers dispatched were done so at the request of the authorities, not Jones. A competent lawyer will take the authorities to task on this. Also, is there any precedent for this type of "bill" being slapped on someone who threatens to burn some books? Haven't found it.

Do the organizers of protests get charged with the bill for then police presence that usually accompanies these events? Haven't found an example.

We shall see how this guy chooses to proceed.

"The criminal mind of Terry Jones ..." Opinion, or do you have evidence to support this?

#432477 - 09/20/10 08:55 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
MoongleMoose Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South O' Sydney

The officers dispatched were done so at the request of the authorities, not Jones.

Quote:
'If we had known this in advance, then we would have refused to have security,' he said.

Keyword being "refused". The initiative to call in police security was done by the cause and effect of Jones' actions:

Quote:
Officials in Gainesville said Jones is liable for the cost of policing as they provided a 'direct service' to the church.

A "Direct Service" is a private organisational contract between the client and the security force in question, in this case being the Good Pastor and the Police Department.

The article given however, doesn't really provide any citations and references that gives the reader an informed opinion on the matter and I'd say that it's purpose is to fuel the sensationalism that seems to be spewing out of this already rancid story.

#432479 - 09/20/10 09:28 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
Lust Offline

I made that statement because I think he is batshit crazy and he is ugly. grin
Nietzsche said that ugly people are criminals. I will for now retract that statement and thank you for keeping me on my toes. Online criminal checks do have Jones in their database but I will not pay to access it.

There are interesting notes in the links below regarding Jones' past in Germany too.

the divinely ordained head of the community, which could not be undone by anyone mortal.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread610058/pg1

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2010/s10090056.htm
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#432608 - 09/21/10 04:13 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
chaoticbliss Offline

Loc: IA unted states
The burning of the cryon was messed up even though im not of any religions. I believe its wrong to do so. We might as well start attacking jews for ther religon. i can understand people being mad about 9/11. I guess the best way to put it is that we are most often are own worst enemy. What would of happened if they attacked us again using that as a excuse. Then whos to blame?

#432612 - 09/21/10 04:35 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: chaoticbliss
The burning of the cryon [sic] was messed up even though im [sic] not of any religions. I believe its [sic] wrong to do so. We might as well start attacking jews for ther [sic] religon. [sic]

How do you figure? I don't see any terrorists blowing up buildings or beheading people in the name of the Hebrew Scriptures. We do however see things like that happening all the time with Muslim terrorists and the Koran.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#432614 - 09/21/10 04:40 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

What does burning crayons have to do with anything?
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404172 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements