Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#432618 - 09/21/10 04:48 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: LKRice]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: LKRice
What does burning crayons have to do with anything?

That's a whole other ball of wax, Priestess.

Attachments
drum.PNG

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#432621 - 09/21/10 04:52 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
chaoticbliss Offline

Loc: IA unted states
billm true but is that not the excuse ther using. as for LKRice is that not the topic or am i miss understanding the point you are trying get at in that case honestly nothing its a buch of people trying to vent out ther anger and use the koran as the scape goat, but i could be wrong but thats how i see it

#432623 - 09/21/10 05:00 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

It was a jab at your poor spelling and grammar. Try using a dictionary or spell checker before posting anything further, please.
Prevention of Virtue

#432627 - 09/21/10 05:13 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
chaoticbliss Offline

why does it harm you. what you going to do if i dont fix my spelling and grammar. what are you a english pof. sorry i suck at writing i do math like trig, calc and physics problems screw perfect writing. writing not important numbers are lol

#432630 - 09/21/10 05:24 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Maybe if this was a math forum, numbers would be important. However, it's a forum where communication by written word is more important. So if you want people to take you seriously and not set you on "ignore," I would recommend making a greater effort with your spelling.
Prevention of Virtue

#432632 - 09/21/10 05:27 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: chaoticbliss
why does it harm you. what you going to do if i dont fix my spelling and grammar.

Actually I think it's good advice, because if anything it harms the writer more than the reader. It's difficult to take somebody's words seriously when the writer doesn't seem to take the time to write properly.

Quote:
sorry i suck at writing

Having a known handicap and refusing to do anything about it, let alone boasting about it, strikes me as quite unsatanic.

Quote:
i do math like trig, calc and physics problems screw perfect writing. writing not important numbers are lol

Since when is this an either/or thing? You're not a high school student, are you? That's usually where you find people duped into the false dichotomy of "I'm either a math/science person or an English/History person."

I have a Master's degree in mathematics and work as an engineer, but I realize the importance of communication. I still try my best to construct proper sentences in English. You think any mathematics or science periodicals would accept a paper with spelling mistakes left and right?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#432634 - 09/21/10 05:40 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Bill_M]
chaoticbliss Offline

well then why insult some who isnt as capable of writing or just dont give a crap. now if im doing a papper or a essay it might be different. but im not in class or work so why bother i have no reason to impress anyone

#432635 - 09/21/10 05:41 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

A god that cannot spell or write.....

How about that! zombie

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#432636 - 09/21/10 05:44 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Folks here are very judgemental and will interact with you accordingly. Perhaps you should read up on Lesser Magic.
Prevention of Virtue

#432641 - 09/21/10 05:49 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
chaoticbliss Offline

just because people are hostile doesnt mean its magic it is merly a outlet for people who need help dealing with the fact ther is no GOD. ther might be magic i could be wrong but thats not magic

Edited by chaoticbliss (09/21/10 05:50 PM)

#432644 - 09/21/10 05:55 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
well then why insult some who isnt as capable of writing or just dont give a crap.

Those are two different situations. By your own admission, you're in the latter group. As a Satanist, I tend to dislike irresponsible solipsists. Speaking of which:

Quote:
now if im doing a papper or a essay it might be different. but im not in class or work so why bother i have no reason to impress anyone

So you admit to not making any effort to making a good impression here, then act surprised when people don't seem to take you very seriously. Brilliant! Maybe now you understand the point myself and others were trying to make. Then again, maybe not.

Originally Posted By: chaoticbliss
just because people are hostile doesnt mean its magic it is merly a outlet for people who need help dealing with the fact ther is no GOD.

Actually, Terry Jones most certainly believes in an external deity. So I don't see what the non-existence of deity has to do with his hostility.

Quote:
ther might be magic i could be wrong but thats not magic

The key word here is "lesser magic", a topic which is addressed in The Satanic Bible. You claim to have read and agree with that book, but somehow missed those pages.

#432655 - 09/21/10 06:12 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Bill_M]
chaoticbliss Offline

yes, i have read it but i still dont see that as magic.you know what i mean. the way i look at it if ther is magic /thers probably a god/ afterlife
thats against everything i believe

#432692 - 09/22/10 02:32 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: chaoticbliss]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
It is glaringly obvious that you haven't done the requisite reading to be on this board. The act of reading itself is a valuable activity as, without knowing it, one will absorb the spelling, grammar, and nuance of the material.

If you had read any of the CoS canon, you'd not be mistaking the term Lesser Magic for that spiritual crap spelled with a 'K'.

Your atrocious spelling and grammar indicates you don't really read much at all, unless of course you're reading internet forums and text messages. Repositories of the English language, these are not.

There is a lil thing called Counterproductive Pride (if you've done the reading, you'll be able to fill in the blank... Counterproductive Pride is a Satanic S_N, a gold star for you if you get it correct!) which leads one to mistake constructive criticism for an insult. You should be thanking those who are critiquing you, not insulting them for what you perceive to be an attack.

#432695 - 09/22/10 02:59 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Honestly, I had no idea that this was even news until I read your post here 2 weeks ago. If this guy wants to burn books, in the USA he is free to do so. I don't really care what he does with his money. He made it, he can spend it.

It reminds me of just how weak some world religions are. The Christians have an uproar becasue Gays, Abortion and Harry Potter threaten their moldy old religion. The thought of two men or two women loving each other is enough to strike a mighty blow against their outdated, rickety diety. The only message I get out of this is that Islamic principles are so weak, the threat of burning mere printed words on paper is enough to cause the mighty Prophet Mohammed to swoon and teeter. If people said, "go right ahead and burn our Quran. If you think you can hurt us, you're wrong." that would send a pretty damn powerful message. Sadly, that isn't the case.

The reality here is that it creates a shit storm around the globe. There are more than just al-Qaida and Taliban on the planet; there are dozens of Islamist Extremist groups just waiting for people like Terry Jones to come along so they can have an excuse to blow themselves up. While Terry is at home in the comfort and protection of the United States getting ready to make s'more over a stack of burning books, OCONUS Americans are put in jeopardy by his actions. He doesn't see that a lot of the world generalizes his sentiment across the spectrum of all Americans. If it's big enough to be in the news, it must be a big deal, right? This dirtbag of a human is no less ignorant than the people who's holy scriptures he wants to burn burning.

#432824 - 09/23/10 11:51 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM