Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#432830 - 09/23/10 12:53 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
What I'd love to see is a bunch of school children across the country out on the playing fields doing a mass burning of Carol Ann-Duffy poems.

You don't see enough kids rising up against the true terrors these days, even when it's right on their doorstep.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#432832 - 09/23/10 01:12 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
"Northumbria Police said the men were not arrested for watching or distributing the video, but on suspicion of burning the Koran."

All is lost.

#432835 - 09/23/10 02:01 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: HellofallHells]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
That's Britain.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#432848 - 09/23/10 04:47 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Quote:
So, What are YOUR thoughts on the events of this last week? Do you think it is utter stupidity? or were you hoping to line up on burn day?

Please share your thoughts...

My thoughts on the events of this last week...

I really need to get some new underpants. I don't really think my balls and willy have got bigger, but my underpants are defintitely tighter. I think they may have shrunk. It would be a nice feeling if my balls and willy have got bigger, but alas, without the aid of a tape measure I cannot be totally sure...but they do appear to be about the same size.

I have had a very stressful week, to be honest. And it is somewhat difficult to make multi-million pound decisions when all you can think about is how uncomfortable your ball bag is.

I am fortunate enough to have my own office, so have at least been able to ram my hands down there and adjust my positioning from time to time...well, I say time to time..but, coupled with my tight fitting trousers this last two days, my "mouse" hand has been rendered almost redundant, the amount of adjusting it has been doing. In fact, I am lucky there hasn't been some sort of report or police involvement.

If I don't get some new underpants soon, I will probably end up on some sort of register.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#432874 - 09/23/10 11:55 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Oh, I know. All is lost for you, I guess. grin

But Canada's on track for this kind of shit as well.

#432900 - 09/24/10 04:11 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: MagdaGraham]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Linenopolis
How English. Are they going to arrest everyone on Guy Fawkes night for burning effigies of people who protested against the government as well? smile

Not every cage is made of bars.
"The Humanoid form makes an excellent concentrated protein. " - Davros
"You are a collection of probability fields. " - Me.

#432904 - 09/24/10 04:29 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: DamienMocata]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Who ever though St Georges day would be banned for racial hatred?
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#432905 - 09/24/10 04:39 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Skjalandir]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Linenopolis
A few people. Probably the ones who wanted it banned for whatever stupid reason.

Not every cage is made of bars.
"The Humanoid form makes an excellent concentrated protein. " - Davros
"You are a collection of probability fields. " - Me.

#432936 - 09/24/10 10:10 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Original Sly]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Original Sly
the CoS canon

Sorry about pissing myself laughing at this.

FFS, think about it. A CoS canon? Well, I suppose you could say that Dr. La Vey's writings are somewhat "canonical" but in the real world this isn't about what you write, or think, or even secretly submit to in your most hidden heart: This is about the vitality of nature growing and unfolding as it must. There always were and there always will be "Satanists" in this world, no matter by which name.

#432959 - 09/24/10 06:13 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: XUL]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
There are two points to be addressed in your post, XUL.

Firstly, one might want to look into what the definition, or definitions, of a word is, or are, before passing judgement on the use of that word in any particular context.

Canon can mean any officially recognized set of sacred books. Other religions have canonical texts, so why can't Satanism? Sure, they're not sacred in the spiritual sense, but I find Dr. LaVey's works of such great importance as to be sacred to me. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Canon can also mean any comprehensive list of books within a field. I would think that the five books by Dr. LaVey, the two by Magistra Barton, and Magus Gilmore's book are a comprehensive, and therefore canonical, list of books on Satanism.

Canon can also mean a standard or criterion. Dr. LaVey's books would be the standard or criterion against which all other books on Satanism are measured.

Canon can mean the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art. The Rules of the Earth, Satanic Sins, and Satanic Statements, being the principles of Satanism, are all contained within the canonical texts.

I could, and would, go on like this for some time, but I think the point has been sufficiently made to show that there are works that can be considered canonical to Satanism.

Secondly, you say,

Quote:
There always were and there always will be "Satanists" in this world, no matter by which name.

It was Dr. LaVey who codified Satanism. Before him, there were Satanists by nature, but none by name. I don't understand what you are meaning to say here, it's almost as if you're saying Satanism would have been what it is if Dr. LaVey had never uttered the word "Satanism". That's not true at all. We wouldn't be in the place we are, with the valuable literature we have, if Dr. LaVey hadn't done what he did. Without the canonical literature of Satanism, this religion wouldn't be what it is today.

It's a little hard addressing this second point because what you wrote wasn't sufficiently explained and I'm not sure I fully understand what you were getting at.

#432992 - 09/25/10 12:47 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Phineas]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
That was a great essay. I was checking the news section on the CoS site every day after the story about the mosque broke.

Just for shits and giggles:
"Footbaths"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYd3i8Q07M

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#433088 - 09/26/10 01:23 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I think we should burn, destroy and desecrate as many Korans as are necessary to show that Americans aren't the pussified bend-over-backwards for foreign horde type people that much of Europe has become in the face of extremism and PC group-think.

I personally don't think that reading the Koran is a better approach. It's all the same god damned horse-shit and I don't need yet another primer in horse-shit to know it when I smell it.

Burn it, trash it, take it to the car wash.

That's my personal opinion on the destruction of Korans.

However, my opinion on the latest debacle is that it is being used to make anti-Muslim sentiment look like the idea of pea-brained morons in the south instead of a rational reaction to true villains of progress. It's working and working very well.

Because America is not at war with Islam.

"America" wants them to want what an Eskimo wants what a Mexican wants.

Saying more would be too political for upstairs.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#433111 - 09/26/10 08:44 AM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Original Sly]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Original Sly
We wouldn't be in the place we are, with the valuable literature we have, if Dr. LaVey hadn't done what he did.

Although I tend to think this is a correct assertion, it is of course impossible to say what might have happened unless what actually happened actually happened. I believe Uncle Anton said something like if he hadn't codified it somebody else (and very likely less qualified) would have, because it was something "in the times" that was practically begging to be rised into cognitive prominence. We may or may not speculate about the history of "enlightenment" and how this was at the end of the day based in a neoplatonic hermeticism and how this all initiated an irreversible process of "Satanism"... but it is all speculation.

What happened, happened. Those who did what they did, did what they did. Nobody and nothing can ever deprive Uncle Anton of his accomplishments, nor the CoS of its monolithic position within contemporary "Satanism" (now that it's got a name) but the history leading up to this point is up for grabs. The "competition" is just silly, however. There is no other organisation which represents Satanism or Satanists than the CoS. The others are... well, others. It's something else. They have a different agenda.

#433855 - 10/01/10 09:52 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Bedlam]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Aaaah.

Hup

Yesss

I got some new underpants.

Suddenly I can see the world with clarity again.

In actual fact..much better than just underpants, my wife bought me some "lounge trousers". They are light and airy and have a great big crotch area wherein I can let my man-bits float about freely. Granted, I don't reckon I will be pullin' no teenage girls in them, they are not a good look...but christ on a bike, they are comfy. My only complaint is that there ain't no pockets. I will be bringin' this up with the manufacturers so they can better their already excellent product and no doubt, get me some free pairs of the new model.

I fear, in my scrumpled up ball-bag conumdrum, I have lost sight of the original question...

Having just re-read it, I feel my testicular comfort is slightly more important.

It's a good job I ain't me Nan, or I'd be describing me bowel movements to you. (If it really stinks, then you've had summat good to eat)

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#435202 - 10/15/10 11:30 PM Re: Koran Book Burning [Re: Morning Star]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Morning Star
Hello Everyone.

I am just curious as to what you all thought about the recent attempt by Terry Jones in the U.S. to organise a burn the Koran day?

In Australia at the moment there is alot of controversy over a man who went live online, rolled up a koran and a bible page and proceeded to smoke a joint with it, suggesting "it's a book, who gives a shit".

So, What are YOUR thoughts on the events of this last week? Do you think it is utter stupidity? or were you hoping to line up on burn day?

Please share your thoughts...

The Hampster

Typing from Eurabia, I think EVERYTHING counts! I also support those willing to start having pigs for pets , in effort to expel Muslims away.

The Koran is a terrible threat to freedom.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements