Topic Options
#432883 - 09/24/10 01:00 AM CoS Questions Disclaimer?
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I just had a suggestion to make, I am not sure if this has been suggested before.

It seems to happen a few times a year when there is a large number of new people on the site; the CoS Questions forum getting spammed with needless commentary from non-members who have no authority to be answering questions, etc.

Has it ever been discussed to improve the disclaimer in some way? Like, restricting users to ONLY creating topics, or replying to topics that they themselves have created only? Under the description, while it is clearly stated that only CoS Hierarchy members may respond, it might also be much more clear if there were a different font size, or capitilzation, or even a different color font in place (red) to make sure that people see it before they enter the forum?

Just curiosities of mine. I know I'm not the one who has to deal with it and delete or respond to these posts, but it seems like the mods jobs could be made easier if a script was in place, or a font changed to be more apparent.

#432888 - 09/24/10 01:19 AM Re: CoS Questions Disclaimer? [Re: TheDegenerate]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

It is sufficient to anyone with eyes and the ability to read.

It serves its purpose well.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#432889 - 09/24/10 01:23 AM Re: CoS Questions Disclaimer? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I remember that this was discussed before.

Non-Hierarchy users of forum, who post there but not a question, give away certain information about themselves by doing so.

#432891 - 09/24/10 01:36 AM Re: CoS Questions Disclaimer? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
One thing I don't get is the Intro forum. It served its purpose but got overrun by civilian police and bloody arguments and I'm guessing that's why it got axed. But all that's happened without it is the same problems spilled out on to the general discussion forum. I'd love to see an intro forum with the same restriction as the questions forum, introduce yourself but only hierarchy can reply and tell you to read the SB again, no idiots with two posts telling you to go soak your head.

But I'm guessing in 10 years all things have been considered. The board is most likely exactly how the powers at be want it to be.

That said I'd also like a nature/science forum, a forum strictly for lolcats, who's online and links back, more politics, more humor, and a button that plays a drum rimshot that you can click when you make a joke. And I'd like to ban the following users................

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406128 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements