Topic Options
#433869 - 10/02/10 12:38 AM Registered/Active Membership
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've read that in order to become an active member in the Church of Satan one must first become a registered member. I am wondering: 1. if a registered member could act as a contact point or media representitive without active membership.

I've read on the active membership application, that the Church of Satan will train an individual for representing the Church of Satan, 2. what does this training entail?

3. Upon submitting the application for a registered member, I see you can pay via paypal, would I have to send the paper application even though I've paid online?

4. And lastly, granting my application for active membership is permitted, could I then use the Church of Satan as a vehicle for my own Satanic pursuits i.e, legal activites and creations other Satanists would be interested in?

I hope these questions, at least the last one made sense.

Thank you.

Shit Lamar Says

#433882 - 10/02/10 02:38 AM Re: Registered/Active Membership [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> 1. if a registered member could act as a contact point or media representitive without active membership.<<

Not really. Though if someone were to actively display an ability to do so it would contribute to the decision in granting active membership or media representative status.

>> I've read on the active membership application, that the Church of Satan will train an individual for representing the Church of Satan, 2. what does this training entail? <<

I'm not sure where you have read that, I haven't seen that. There is no training programme. But I have always found our High Priest and Priestess to be hugely supportive of all their member's personal pursuits and church activities.

>> 3. Upon submitting the application for a registered member, I see you can pay via paypal, would I have to send the paper application even though I've paid online? <<

A couple of things have changed since I joined. But yes, as far as I know sending in a paper application is still required. This way really helps in giving us an impression of who you are.

>> 4. And lastly, granting my application for active membership is permitted, could I then use the Church of Satan as a vehicle for my own Satanic pursuits i.e, legal activites and creations other Satanists would be interested in? <<

Indeed. Many of us do! And for those whom membership would harm their personal position in life, membership can remain completely private.

#433913 - 10/02/10 10:13 AM Re: Registered/Active Membership [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
One more question popped up, this is the last one on this topic I promise haha. After I register, I read that the active membership application would be mailed to me. Once I'm a registered member do I have to wait a certain amount of time before applying for active membership?

Thank you so much for your answers.

Shit Lamar Says

#433916 - 10/02/10 10:30 AM Re: Registered/Active Membership [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
The Active Membership Application is available to print from the Church of Satan website:

Active Membership Application

You can send your application for Active Membership at the same time as you apply for Registered Membership, or you can send them separately. Entirely up to you.

HS!

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - Franšois Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#433917 - 10/02/10 10:31 AM Re: Registered/Active Membership [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Lamar Drummer
Once I'm a registered member do I have to wait a certain amount of time before applying for active membership?

No, in fact you even have the option of mailing your active membership application (though again, not electronically) along with the registration fee. I've seen some members do this. I've seen others who just remain as registered members for years until they decide to apply for active status. Neither route is necessarily better than the other; do whatever feels like the best decision for yourself.

Edited by Bill_M (10/02/10 10:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Reverend Entity beat me to it by 30 seconds!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements