Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#434673 - 10/09/10 09:19 PM Re: Magus Gilmore’s Interview with The Indie Spiritualist [Re: TrojZyr]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I would add, though, that many aspects of human nature Satanists don't have a problem with at all. Most of the "dark" (or traits labelled as dark) things are not seen as things to suppress and control, but to revere and indulge in.

The line, as it were, is different. The line between indulgence and compulsion is different. Responsibility is different. Guilt is different.

#434678 - 10/09/10 10:26 PM Re: Magus Gilmore’s Interview with The Indie Spiritualist [Re: anna]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
it's all about finding balance, some sort of compromise between pleasure and duty, between your interest and that of other people

I would say that there needs to be a differentiation made in the term, "other people".

Reason being that I find myself willingly duty-bound to my family and friends (and I have very few friends). And I don't find fulfilling my duties to my family and friends to be unpleasurable. In many instances, my interests align perfectly with those of my family and friends.

When you use the term "other people", are you referring to other people as in the public at large, the herd, the Great Unclean, or are you referring to anyone other than yourself, which means you lump the welfare of your blood/kin and friends in with the welfare of the aforementioned herd?

#434715 - 10/10/10 10:26 AM Re: Magus Gilmore’s Interview with The Indie Spiritualist [Re: Zaftig]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Zaftig
I would add, though, that many aspects of human nature Satanists don't have a problem with at all. Most of the "dark" (or traits labelled as dark) things are not seen as things to suppress and control, but to revere and indulge in.

The line, as it were, is different. The line between indulgence and compulsion is different. Responsibility is different. Guilt is different.

Exactly right. And, that's why we prefer channeling desires to either suppressing or repressing them--because once an emotion or instinct is expressed in the right place at the right time, it can become something immensely positive and incredibly powerful. The urges themselves are nothing to be feared.

Originally Posted By: Original sly
Reason being that I find myself willingly duty-bound to my family and friends (and I have very few friends). And I don't find fulfilling my duties to my family and friends to be unpleasurable. In many instances, my interests align perfectly with those of my family and friends.

Excellent point.

In cases where there isn't perfect alignment, I can at least say that the caring I feel for my loved ones outweighs, in the long run, any fleeting irritation I might feel over having to re-juggle my schedule or temporarily forgo some pleasurable activity in order to help them out.

And, in those situations where the burden on you is greater than the burden on them, there's always that lovely two-letter word to save the day.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#434725 - 10/10/10 02:21 PM Re: Magus Gilmore’s Interview with The Indie Spiritualist [Re: Original Sly]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Certainly family and friends are more important than others whom you don't even know personally.

You can't care for all the people living in our world because it's impossible.

But there are situations when you are responsible for others (outside your family), for example in your work. This is what I meant and I think that you agree with it too.

#434726 - 10/10/10 02:29 PM Re: Magus Gilmore’s Interview with The Indie Spiritualist [Re: anna]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
But there are situations when you are responsible for others (outside your family), for example in your work. This is what I meant and I think that you agree with it too.

I agree, though I was unsure whether you meant you had a duty as a Christian to think of the welfare of strangers (love thy neighbour and all that) or something else. But I see now you mean a responsibility and duty towards taking others, such as fellow employees, into consideration. And I can totally dig that as one of my duties at work is that of First Aid Officer, so I need to take others into consideration should they ever injure themselves in a way that requires first aid. smile

I just hope the obese woman, with the arse situated on her lower back rather than her 'behind', doesn't ever require resuscitation. Putting my lips anywhere near that mess of a face would require the selflessness of a saint. Blurgh!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements