Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#435189 - 10/15/10 08:11 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: anna]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: anna
I do not need any other proof.

That is exactly the problem with the logic of types like yourself, and that is exactly the kind of thinking that is abhorred and openly mocked here. Something to keep in mind if you find yourself recieving negative reactions and are not happy with the results.

#435192 - 10/15/10 09:01 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: TheDegenerate]
Nahash Prince Offline

Loc: Currently at large
Now, Now, Now TheDegenerate. We can do better than that. Anna has every right to argue her point, you think? After all, her argument was well understood and written. Shouldn’t we respond respectfully with our arguments? I agree with your response to anna. But it is not what we say, but how we say it.

I have been guilty of the same, over seven years ago. I came to this board with knowledge, but had no understanding. I too have disrespectfully responded towards some on this very board. Only to have found that later, I admirer them. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as we learn from it.

Not all Satanist are CoS members, but all CoS members are Satanist. I’m sure that I will continue to say things critical, that’s o.k. Is it not why we come hear? As long as I am respectfully corrected, I have no problems.

We do have to look beyond names, color of names and badges if we want this board to be effective. Let us not compromise this board as I have done in the pass. This is a public board. How then can we compromise the hard work of those that created it for our enjoyment?

Say what you will. I was given this brief seven years ago. I have experienced being excommunicated a time or two. This was because I knew it all, but did not understand it all. I am not saying I’m going to defend every person that gets hammered. But this particular time, I will respectfully.

There is really no need to say harsh things to someone who may not understand as you. Teach them respectfully if you so will. I learn something from this board every week. Do not take this out of content, but rather process it.

#435193 - 10/15/10 09:38 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: anna]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
Well anna, I'll put this as gently as possible.

I applaud your applying doubt to said "miracle" but it seems to me that you are dependant on a religious body to tell you what is real and what isn't. I find that truly disturbing. Perhaps you should apply some that doubt to the people "qualified" to dub something a miracle or a sham.

I'll provide an informative link that covers what I consider to be the archetypical religionist.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/paranoid-schizophrenia/DS00862/DSECTION=symptoms

#435204 - 10/16/10 12:12 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Nahash Prince]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
There is really no need to say harsh things to someone who may not understand as you.

Harsh? I thought it was rather polite, considering.

#435205 - 10/16/10 12:25 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: HellofallHells]
Nahash Prince Offline

Loc: Currently at large
As you wish Warlock. It doesn’t change my argument. Until next time HS! Let the board move on.

#435206 - 10/16/10 01:40 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Nahash Prince]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
The only thing that I've perceived as "harsh" in this thread were those YouTube links. vomit

I don't even understand entirely why she's here when this is clearly a Satanic forum, and she is clearly not a Satanist.

#435207 - 10/16/10 01:41 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Nahash Prince]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Youngwolf
Now, Now, Now TheDegenerate. We can do better than that. Anna has every right to argue her point, you think? After all, her argument was well understood and written. Shouldn’t we respond respectfully with our arguments? I agree with your response to anna. But it is not what we say, but how we say it.

Every right to argue, and every right to be shot down by someone who thinks she is wrong.

Not all Satanist are CoS members, but all CoS members are Satanist.

Yeah? You sure about that? Utterly besides the point, so I don't know why you even bring it up.

We do have to look beyond names, color of names and badges if we want this board to be effective. Let us not compromise this board as I have done in the pass. This is a public board. How then can we compromise the hard work of those that created it for our enjoyment?

Nothing to do with rank, buddy boy. I was just pointing out that saying things like "faith" on a board full of Satanists is like serving whiskey at an AA meeting.

Say what you will. I was given this brief seven years ago. I have experienced being excommunicated a time or two. This was because I knew it all, but did not understand it all. I am not saying I’m going to defend every person that gets hammered. But this particular time, I will respectfully.

You can defend whoever you like, but you are not making any sense, and you are not coming up with any valid reasons with which to defend my so called "harsh attacks", which I prefer to think of as friendly advice. If you recall I was one of the only people defending a Christian on a Satanic message board on the grounds that they would probably weed themselves out eventually and didn't need help from the peanut gallery to do so.

There is really no need to say harsh things to someone who may not understand as you. Teach them respectfully if you so will. I learn something from this board every week. Do not take this out of content, but rather process it.

Thanks pal, but I'll choose what is worth "processing", and this ain't it.

#435210 - 10/16/10 02:11 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Mr_47]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: Mr_47
The only thing that I've perceived as "harsh" in this thread were those YouTube links

Their use at Gitmo was ruled a violation of the Geneva Conventions. wink

#435213 - 10/16/10 02:30 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Delta]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
grin

#435230 - 10/16/10 06:50 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Mr_47]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
When 'god' is seen chatting with Oprah, then will I believe in miracles.

#435235 - 10/16/10 08:41 AM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Nahash Prince]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.

I have been guilty of the same, over seven years ago. I came to this board with knowledge, but had no understanding. I too have disrespectfully responded towards some on this very board. Only to have found that later, I admirer them. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as we learn from it.

Not all Satanist are CoS members, but all CoS members are Satanist. I’m sure that I will continue to say things critical, that’s o.k. Is it not why we come hear? As long as I am respectfully corrected, I have no problems.

Are you friggin kidding me with this reply?

First off, I think your opening is pretty condescending. The Degenerate can obviously handle his own reply, but since you're walking the line of civilian policing, I'm technically stepping in and telling you to shut it.

I don't think a Christian perspective is any more welcome or needed here than a Satanic reply would be in their circles. Given that fact, I think his reply was pretty damn polite. Regarding your comment about "teaching" folks that don't understand, you've told quite a bit about your own understanding about the purpose of this board and the religion in general. That, coupled with your admission of "excommunication" in the past leaves me with enough info to mentally red flag your name.

Your statement about ALL registered CoS members being Satanists made me outright laugh, by the way. Your entire soapbox sermon was so off the mark that it stands as nothing short of ridiculous. Please…. go find the "understanding" to go with your "knowledge" before lecturing anyone else.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#435255 - 10/16/10 12:39 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: Zsche]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
On the other hand, expecting that Anna will approach issues from anything other than a Catholic perspective is pure folly. She's here, she's made her intentions clear, and the mods seem to have no problem with her at this time, so derailing every thread to nag the Christian for holding Christian beliefs--beliefs which are especially unlikely to change in the face of nagging or sniping--seems to me to be a waste of energy.

Sheep will be sheep, and goats will be goats, no matter how much or how long they argue, dialogue, or study.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#435260 - 10/16/10 02:16 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: munt]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

When you are looking at Oprah on a television set you are directly looking at the one-eyed God of the masses already. wink

#435266 - 10/16/10 03:10 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: anna]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: anna
Well, it's so hard to explain to the atheist the difference between a genuine miracle and a fake one. I'm not a theologian and anyway it's so subjective. For me everything that happens in my daily life is a miracle. I don't think that things just happen, everything has a purpose and meaning. I do not need any other proof.

Source

"As a realist who doesn’t believe in God I am often challenged to open my heart and let Jesus in. I am reluctant to do so without any evidence that God exists.

I am told that when one becomes a believer that they have a personal relationship with God and the God transforms you and you become one with the Lord. So from my point of view I should be able to see the difference in the behavior of those who believe as compared to those who don’t believe. But I’m not seeing it. Especially in the latest news coming out about the sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Church.

So let me be clear and direct about this so you Catholics listen up. If there is an omnipotent God and a person or a religious group has a personal relationship with God then you wouldn’t be raping children – period! The Catholic Church would not be covering up for those priests who are raping children. Admittedly, this doesn’t prove that God doesn’t exist, but it does prove that the Catholic Church does not have a personal relationship with an omnipotent God, because if they did this sort of thing simply would not occur.

As a member of the reality based community I am dedicated to believing in anything that is real. If God is real then I will believe. But how am I to determine if God is actually and truly real and which of the thousands of religions it is true one? Turning to your Bible the standard is “You will know them by their fruits.” Clearly the Catholics have failed the “fruit test” because of the pervasive raping of children and the cover up by the Vatican.

As to the rest of religions and independent Christians, Muslims, or other believers, you aren’t going to convert Atheists unless you can show us that God actually has transformed your life in a way that is observable to the reality based world. Even if God can’t be observed directly, if you claim God has changed your life then those changes should be observable in your life and in your religious group as a whole. And if these changes aren’t observable then we in the reality based community aren’t going to listen to what you have to say. If you are going to convert Atheists you are going to have to pass your “Fruit Test” to get our attention."

I am interested in your response to the above.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#435270 - 10/16/10 04:27 PM Re: You have got to be kidding me... [Re: munt]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: munt

Well, God certainly could use the ratings boost.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements