Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#435170 - 10/15/10 12:49 PM RADIO FREE SATAN in the News!
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#435190 - 10/15/10 08:33 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

tiki

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#435246 - 10/16/10 09:45 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Deep Six Offline

The first episode of Glory is Noise was outstanding. I am already looking forward to the next.

HS!

Matt
Deep Six Radio

#435355 - 10/17/10 10:46 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: ]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Witch_Gausten
I can't wait for the Martin Atkins show (NIN, PiL, PIGFACE).

He is quite the.... interesting interview....

I haven't heard any of his interviews but am looking forward to this one. Of all the groups he has played with, I am wanting to hear him talk about his work with Ogre and what he did on the album Bedside Toxicology. A lot of groundbreaking work is to be heard onthis album. I also would like to hear his experience with working with, Johnny Rotten, er Lydon.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#435464 - 10/18/10 08:35 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#435519 - 10/19/10 03:35 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: Bill_M]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Heh heh. smile

Thanks or the comments! I'm glad you're all enjoying the show.
And Tier Instinct, I'll be sure to hit up Martin re: Ogre when I touch base with him re: his episode. I love that album they did together to death. Actually...I think I have some audio somewhere of my interview with Ogre regarding that album. I'll have to do some digging...
I'm inches away from confirming more guests. One is an important person from my past I haven't spoken to in years. Quite excited about the possibility of having her on the show. Stay tuned!

Edited by JCLAG (10/19/10 03:36 PM)

#435555 - 10/19/10 07:29 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Great news and thanks a million. Add another shot to the list. I know, I know .... Vodka. whistle

HS!

#435632 - 10/20/10 08:19 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I have mixed feelings about this news.
It is simply great that Radio Free Satan is getting, more or less, free press. And in a matter of fact way.
To me, it read like an article of the main-stream press, ("An interview is scheduled for airing on insert program on insert network ) without a non-Satanic "explanation" of what Radio Free Satan is .

On the other hand, might it not attract so-called "satanists" (note non-capitolization, indicating xtian heretics calling themselves satanists for whatever reason) to listen to RFS, then through hearing the commercials there, attracting same to CoS website and possibly this board?

Maybe not, but there is the possibility.

#435637 - 10/20/10 09:24 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: DCLXVI]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: DCLXVI

To me, it read like an article of the main-stream press,

It was.

On the other hand, might it not attract so-called "satanists" (note non-capitolization, indicating xtian heretics calling themselves satanists for whatever reason) to listen to RFS, then through hearing the commercials there, attracting same to CoS website and possibly this board?

Maybe not, but there is the possibility.

Every site with the word "Satan" in it, whether run by CoS people or nutjobs, has the potential of attracting a bad element. Does that mean we should never produce something for the general public? No. As far as this receiving mainstream attention, that's the entire point. If things are worth sharing, why not share them with as many as possible? Sometimes, there is much more magic to be found by living and producing above ground.

Edited by JCLAG (10/20/10 09:24 AM)

#436042 - 10/24/10 12:37 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: DCLXVI]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

I don't understand what your concern is. Pseudo-Satanists are already invariably going to find Churchofsatan.com, Letters to the Devil, and the countless other websites run by actual Satanists, with or without the help of RFS. They're usually blindly surfing any links they can find on the web that come up on a search for "Satanism".

Like any public source openly run by Church of Satan members, RFS certainly gets the odd email from pseudo-Satanists from time to time. I'm sure there are other dinks who find RFS but are equally clueless as to what Satanism is about, and will never understand the relevance of Groucho Marx being played on my show, or Al Jolson being played on Lambert's Basement, etc. Either they like what they hear and become dedicated listeners anyway, or quickly realize that we aren't for them and then wander off to some heavy metal chat room.

I also don't understand your concern about one of them making it to here via RFS, as if LttD was some secret and sacred place. Whenever the occasional occulnik loony tries to post here to troll, people take notice quite easily and the person gets swiftly booted by the moderators here.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#436169 - 10/25/10 06:23 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: Bill_M]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Well said, Bill!

And with that, here's some brand-new press:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/149114

#436277 - 10/26/10 01:27 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
This is great news!
Originally Posted By: JCLAG

And with that, here's some brand-new press:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/149114

That is a excellent picture of you they have on there, Warlock Gausten!

#436284 - 10/26/10 02:04 PM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: Venom]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!
That's proof that my multi-talented wife can make anything look good! wink

#436347 - 10/27/10 11:01 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: JCLAG]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Thanks!
That's proof that my multi-talented wife can make anything look good! wink

But it's not as good as the "blackmail" pic I have of you. grin

Seriously...good job with all this radio stuff.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#436350 - 10/27/10 11:38 AM Re: RADIO FREE SATAN in the News! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

My friend:
In this household, there's no such thing as a blackmail photo. smile

Thanks, man. We love ya!

#436983 - 11/03/10 07:34 PM News on the biggest GLORY IS NOISE Yet [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

This episode has really earned a great response from listeners, and I'm really pleased with how it came out - especially since some truly impressive CoS members and endeavors are also spotlighted in the broadcast!

http://www.bravewords.com/news/149747

#437184 - 11/07/10 11:23 PM Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Hey Tier Instinct,
I'm speaking with Martin on Wednesday. Let me know if you have any specific questions re: the Ogre album you'd like me to ask him for the show.

#437204 - 11/08/10 04:03 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

In my best Lurch - "You rang?"

PM has been sent over. Thanks for keeping me in mind. cool

HS!

#437205 - 11/08/10 04:14 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Any time.

#437301 - 11/10/10 11:50 AM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Great news: Martin spoke at length about the Ogre album (based on YOUR question!) and assorted other things - including when we traveled the Pigface circus together (flaming crotches and all - guess you'll have to listen in to hear about that!) The episode will air on Radio Free Satan the week of November 29th - maybe a two-hour edition since there's so much we talked about. I think you'll really like the end result.
Other guests are being lined up for the show - assorted SWANS, Prong and Killing Joke types, for sure. Stay tuned!

Edited by JCLAG (11/10/10 11:51 AM)

#437344 - 11/10/10 08:18 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

I have imagined both of their responses and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say. Thanks again for presenting it. I would think that you have a books worth of material regarding the Pigface Circus. Good stuff!

I am looking forward to this one.

HS!

#437357 - 11/10/10 11:29 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
I would think that you have a books worth of material regarding the Pigface Circus.

You have no idea... smile

#437599 - 11/13/10 12:00 PM Episodes 5-8 [Re: ]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Here are the air dates/descriptions for GLORY IS NOISE for the rest of 2010:

Episode 5: Week of November 15, 2010

On this episode, Joel welcomes the legendary Gitane DeMone of Christian Death fame and her daughter Zara Kand to discuss their joint music project, The Crystelles, and other projects. The episode also includes a discussion on the 25th anniversary of the Christian Death album, "Ashes."

Episode 6: Week of November 29, 2010

On a special two-hour episode, Joel welcomes drummer, author and music business entrepreneur Martin Atkins (Ministry/ Nine Inch Nails/ Killing Joke/ PiL/ Pigface) for a lengthy talk about his career as well as some useful tips on how to survive and prosper in today's ever-evolving music industry.

Episode 7: Week of December 13, 2010

On this episode, Joel welcomes film-maker and multi-instrumentalist Troy Gregory (Prong/ Flotsam & Jetsam/ Swans/ Killing Joke/ The Witches) to discuss Troy's eclectic career. From jamming with Metallica after the death of Cliff Burton to teaching at the School of Rock, Troy offers a multitude of stories sure to enlighten adventurous music fans.

Episode 8: Week of December 27, 2010

On this episode, Joel plays songs from his picks for the Best Albums of 2010. Artists include Bad Religion, Sleigh Bells, Viv Albertine, Killing Joke, Swans and more.

Stay tuned to the Facebook Page for more news and updates.

#437603 - 11/13/10 03:07 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: JCLAG]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
Episode 6 sounds like it'll be very interesting. I'll be sure to tune in!

#437658 - 11/14/10 12:42 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: Fenriz]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Martin was superb, as always. Going to be doing some recording with him soon for Shannon's upcoming album. If you're a fan of any of his bands, the episode offers some interesting insights - especially with regards to Ministry.

#437822 - 11/16/10 12:57 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: Fenriz]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Here's a little bit of some of the stuff Martin and I cover on the November 29 episode. You don't want to miss this one - probably my favorite episode so far. Two hours of music and insights - all thanks for my friends at Radio Free Satan, who provide me with the avenue to bring this stuff to you. As always, your support of RFS is essential and appreciated.

#438884 - 11/29/10 07:52 AM Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

November 29, 2010
For Immediate Release

Former MINISTRY/NINE INCH NAILS Drummer MARTIN ATKINS Interviewed on "Glory Is Noise" Radio Show; Audio Available

On the latest episode of the Glory Is Noise online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes drummer, author, producer and music industry entrepreneur Martin Atkins (Ministry/Public Image Limited/Killing Joke/Nine Inch Nails/Pigface) for a lengthy discussion on Martins career as well as useful tips on how to survive and prosper in todays ever-evolving music business. In addition, the discussion explores Atkins thoughts on the recent Public Image Limited reunion tour and features a special segment in honor of late Ministry guitarist and frequent Atkins collaborator, William Tucker. The show also features music by Killing Joke, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Pigface and other artists from Atkins extensive discography. The two-hour episode can be listened to at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

In addition to once participating in Atkins infamous musical project, Pigface, show host Joel Gausten served as an editor and contributor for Atkins top-selling 2007 music industry textbook, Tour: Smart, which featured contribution from 100+ music industry luminaries including Henry Rollins, Steve Albini, Warped Tour mastermind Kevin Lyman and members of the Suicide Girls. Atkins and Gausten are also set to contribute to Music Is Dead, the upcoming debut album by Effectionhate, an experimental music project fronted by multi-instrumentalist Shannon Gardner-Gausten.

Not only is Martin a friend, but hes easily one of the hardest working, most knowledgeable music industry veterans I know, Gausten says. Im delighted to have him as a guest on my show, and I know that independent creators of any kind will find tremendous value in our conversation. This is one episode of Glory Is Noise not to miss!

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

Edited by JCLAG (11/29/10 08:45 AM)

#438933 - 11/30/10 11:54 AM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:
Atkins on RFS

When I saw this title, my first thought was "What? We have a new diet & nutrition show?"

#438941 - 11/30/10 01:21 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Bill_M]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

The funny thing is that I knew somebody would say it! smile

#439144 - 12/02/10 06:54 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Bill_M]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

It's an all meat, no carbs show! crossbones

#439165 - 12/02/10 09:54 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Hell of an episode and the time simply flew by. It was a treat to hear Martin Atkins talk about the tracks you selected and conjures many fun memories of each. His response to my question was unexpected but wasn't a surprise. I mean the man knows the business. I thank you for presenting it to him and enjoyed his reply.

Great show! tiki

#439168 - 12/02/10 10:27 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!!!

#439575 - 12/06/10 09:23 PM A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Dear Radio Free Satan listeners:

On behalf of all the DJs at Radio Free Satan, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support of the station. As an independent entity free from corporate oversight, we all work very hard to produce unique content that you simply can't find anywhere else. From Bill M.'s long-running comedy show "The Devil's Mischief" to David Ingram's exceptional "Lambert's Basement" to my recently-launched show, "Glory Is Noise," I feel we have always more than delivered on this promise. With nearly 30 shows available on Radio Free Satan to you absolutely free, the station is indeed a treasure.

One of the most honorable elements of Radio Free Satan is that our program director, Tiberia Nine, diligently pays all necessary licensing fees to remain on the air. This means that every artist played on the station who is affiliated with a major music rights organization (i.e. ASCAP and BMI) receives payment for the use of their music. As a working independent musician for the better part of 20 years, I certainly understand and empathize with the economic pressures facing recording artists in today's market, and it was RFS's respect for proper artist compensation that led me to bring my show under the station's umbrella. Understandably, Tiberia's noble commitment comes at a considerable price, as licensing fees are not cheap by any means. Additionally, RFS currently operates with no outside paid commercial support or financial obligation from the DJs - despite the ongoing difficulties presented by the current economy.

Here's where you come in. With the year coming to a close, RFS is once again facing licensing renewal. I respectfully ask that all listeners consider donating at least one dollar to keep the station afloat. That one dollar will go towards paying for the hundreds -- if not thousands -- of songs and clips you've undoubtedly enjoyed on RFS. The Radio Free Satan website at www.radiofreesatan.com has a link to the station's PayPal account. All I'm asking you to do is send the station one dollar - or anything else of greater value you may be able to donate. Hell, if my listeners alone chip in $2.00 each, RFS will have more than enough resources available to ensure a productive 2011.

How much is independent media worth to you? Now is the time to answer that question.

Thank you in advance for your support and financial contribution.

Joel Gausten
Host, "Glory Is Noise"
www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html

Edited by JCLAG (12/06/10 09:28 PM)

#439580 - 12/06/10 10:03 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Hell, the laughs I've gotten from TDM alone are worth more than a dollar!

HS!

#439612 - 12/07/10 03:52 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Radio Free Satan is one of the only radio stations I will listen to. I was saddened when it disappeared a few years ago and overjoyed when it came back. I will certainly donate a few dollars to keep good entertainment and thoughtful commentary on the air.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#439624 - 12/07/10 09:59 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: HGaunt]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you!
Our program director is tied up with personal matters at the moment, but I pass along her appreciation!

HS!
Joel

#439636 - 12/07/10 11:12 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Less than 24 hours after announcing this fund drive, and the response has been far beyond our expectations. We are truly touched by the outpouring of support shown by our fellow CoS members, who have put their money where their mouths are and contributed to RFS for 2011. It is truly humbling to know that the efforts of RFS do not go unnoticed, and that independent media is of such importance to you.

You truly are the Elite!

Thanks to all,
Joel

#439844 - 12/10/10 01:28 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

...While we're on the subject of RFS, it is with great pride and excitement that I announce the guest for the January 10 episode of Glory Is Noise: Richard Lloyd!

#440232 - 12/13/10 07:09 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Donated. I love RFS! tiki

#440548 - 12/16/10 10:07 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: $lesk]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Slesk!

Hot on the heels of a very successful fund drive, RFS continues to gain maintream media attention like never before. The below news article alone has brought in nearly 350 hits to RFS since being posted late last night:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150980

The heart of RFS will continue to beat in 2011 thanks to every single person who thought enough of the station to contribute.

Ever forward,
Joel

Edited by JCLAG (12/16/10 04:35 PM)
Edit Reason: the pro editor can't seem to spell correctly

#440580 - 12/16/10 06:44 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
I posted it on all of the Hellspawn-Underground Productions sites including the news section of the main site. http://hellspawn-underground.com I hope this has also helped out at least a little.

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#440585 - 12/16/10 07:16 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: K_Syn]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you very much for that!

#440886 - 12/19/10 01:22 PM Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

December 16 was a very interesting day indeed.

Still energized from the recent outpouring of CoS member support for the recent Radio Free Satan fund drive, I am proud to report that Dec. 16 marked the highest single-day traffic to the RFS website of any day this year. Additionally, that days direct hits to my Glory Is Noise show page alone more than doubled the numbers earned from the entire two-week period of my previous episode. Thanks to all for making Glory Is Noise the current top-rated show on RFS!!!!

Above all, I would like to thank RFS Program Director Witch Tiberia Nine for providing me an opportunity to create Glory Is Noise and have a home on her network. Ive wanted to make a return to radio ever since my days as an intern at a New Jersey Top 40/Oldies station way back in the early '90s, and it was Tiberias friendship, patience and support that made this goal a reality. Also, I am honored to stand alongside Rev. Bill M., David Ingram, ror, Warlock Sonny Bellavance and the rest of the RFS DJ roster in providing some of the finest content available on the web. Many thanks as well to Magus Gilmore for being one of the first to congratulate me on diving back into radio and for giving this whole thing a tremendous inaugural push via the CoS News Page. Of course, my dedicated (i.e. long-suffering) co-pilot and producer Shannon deserves much of the credit for the success that Glory Is Noise achieves now and in the future.

I have great plans for Glory Is Noise in the coming year, including some stellar guests who will be announced when the time is right. In the meantime, I cannot begin to fully express my appreciation for the interest shown towards my latest endeavor.

With Shannon's Effectionhate music project reaching new heights of its own this past week (info. on that can be found in the Easy Listening and Music sections of this board), we are both ending this year on the highest note possible. And the best is yet to come.

If you havent checked out the show yet, it can be heard at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. All comments are welcome.

Hail Radio Free Satan!
Hail Witch Tiberia Nine!
Hail Satan!

Edited by JCLAG (12/19/10 01:22 PM)

#440931 - 12/20/10 03:45 AM Re: Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Congratulations Mr. Gausten (or should I say Puss in Boots!) I have enjoyed your work the entire time I have known of it and "Glory is Noise" is no different. Keep up the great work!

Hail Glory is Noise!
Hail Radio Free Satan!

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#440938 - 12/20/10 06:22 AM Re: Number 1! [Re: HGaunt]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!
And my avatar correctly represents my first-year-of-marriage physicality. smile

#440983 - 12/20/10 02:17 PM Re: Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!
And my avatar correctly represents my first-year-of-marriage physicality. smile

Ha, Ha!!
I can vouch for that! wink

Congrats, Joel! I have told you this privately, but I will repeat it here. I have found that you support other people and their projects with the same vigor that you support your own. I like that.

#440991 - 12/20/10 03:18 PM Re: Number 1! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Yeah, I look like I've swallowed a Buick. smile
Time to hit those drums hard in 2011...

And Roho... thanks for being a part of one of the best Gausten family outings of the past year. smile

Edited by JCLAG (12/20/10 03:19 PM)

#441063 - 12/21/10 11:14 AM Re: Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

I am proud to report that Dec. 16 marked the highest single-day traffic to the RFS website of any day this year. Additionally, that days direct hits to my Glory Is Noise show page alone more than doubled the numbers earned from the entire two-week period of my previous episode. Thanks to all for making Glory Is Noise the current top-rated show on RFS!!!!

Don't thank us. Thank the strangers who clicked on the link you posted on Blabbermouth.net. crazy

#441460 - 12/25/10 08:56 PM Re: Number 1! [Re: Bill_M]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Oh, yeah, those guys...:)

#441538 - 12/27/10 08:44 AM The Best of 2010 [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

December 27, 2010
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Radio Show Plays the Best of 2010

On a special year-end edition of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten plays and discusses songs from his picks for the best releases of 2010. The episode, which features music from Bad Religion, Swans, Killing Joke, Overkill, Viv Albertine, Effectionhate and many others, can be heard at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at this location.

#441683 - 12/29/10 12:35 PM Major Guest Announcement! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Coming Soon to Glory Is Noise:

BOB DAISLEY
(Black Sabbath/Rainbow/Ozzy/Gary Moore)!

Stay tuned...

Edited by JCLAG (12/29/10 12:39 PM)

#442279 - 01/06/11 11:13 AM A Taste of Monday... [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

As a taste of what's to come, here are three classics from this coming Monday's guest on Glory is Noise, Richard Lloyd. I'm so incredibly proud to have Richard on my show! (The second track of the three below features some of the finest guitar playing in the world.)

#442523 - 01/10/11 07:16 AM Richard Lloyd on Glory Is Noise! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

January 10, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Radio Show Welcomes Legendary Guitarist Richard Lloyd

On a special 130-minute episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes legendary guitarist Richard Lloyd (Television/ Rocket From The Tombs) for a chat about Richard's latest solo release (Lodestones: Nuggets From The Vault), his work with Rocket From The Tombs and his friendship with Jimi Hendrix. The complete episode can be heard on demand and for free at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Richard Lloyd is best known as a founding member of the band, Television. Formed in 1973, Television initiated the legendary CBGB as a rock venue, paving the way for such bands as Talking Heads, The Ramones, Blondie, Mink DeVille, The Dead Boys, The Dictators and The Voidoids, among countless other. Television recorded two albums for Elektra Records, Marquee Moon (1977) and Adventure (1978). After recording Adventure in 1978, and finding success elusive in the United States, Television disbanded after a successful series of dates at The Bottom Line in New York City. The band reformed in 1992 to record an eponymous third album. After performing sporadic live dates in the years following the third album's release, Lloyd and Television parted ways in 2007.

Lloyd's solo discography includes the albums Alchemy (1979), Field of Fire (1985), Real Time (1987), The Cover Doesn't Matter (2001), The Radiant Monkey (2007), The Jamie Neverts Story (2009) and Lodestones: Nuggets From The Vault (2010). In addition, he has recorded and/or performed with a vast array of artists including Matthew Sweet, John Doe and The Health And Happiness Show. Lloyd is currently a member of Rocket From The Tombs alongside Cheetah Chrome (The Dead Boys), David Thomas (Pere Ubu), Craig Bell (The Saucers) and Steve Mehlman (Pere Ubu).

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is here.

#442624 - 01/11/11 04:37 PM SABBATH (& STRYPER?) on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Coming soon to GLORY IS NOISE:

Episode 10 - Week of January 24, 2011

Joel welcomes veteran music journalist Carl Begai (Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles) for a discussion on Carl's lengthy career as well as his thoughts on the state of today's music industry and the effect it has had on print and online media. Carl will also select a playlist of some of his favorite artists.

Episode 11 - Week of February 7, 2011

Joel welcomes legendary bassist Bob Daisley (Black Sabbath/Rainbow/Ozzy) for a discussion on the recently-released "alternate recording" of Black Sabbath's 1987 album, The Eternal Idol. In addition to playing the "alternate" version of the album in its entirety, the episode will feature Daisley's thoughts on recording the album and working with late Black Sabbath singer, Ray Gillen.

Episode 12 - Week of February 21, 2011

Joel plays tracks from Stryper's new album, The Covering, which he calls "the first great Metal album of 2011." The album features Stryper's renditions of classic tracks by Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Ozzy, KISS and many others. The episode will air on the same day as the "Stryper" episode of another Radio Free Satan show, Metal Breakfast Radio. Hosted by David Ingram (Bolt Thrower/Benediction) and Donovan Spenceley, Metal Breakfast Radio is sure to take a considerably less complementary approach to the new Stryper release. Let the battle between the two shows - and Good and Evil - begin!

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

Edited by JCLAG (01/11/11 04:39 PM)

#443290 - 01/24/11 06:10 AM Brave Words, Bloody Knuckles [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

January 24, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Radio Show Welcomes Metal Journalist Carl Begai

On the latest episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes veteran music journalist Carl Begai (Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles / Metallus Maximus) for a discussion on Carl's lengthy career as well as his thoughts on the state of today's music industry and the effect it has had on print and online media. Additionally, Carl and Joel dive into a variety of topics including the new Stryper album and the possible futures of Sepultura, Anthrax and Heaven & Hell. Carl also selects the episode's playlist, which includes Arch Enemy, Strapping Young Lad, James LaBrie and many others. The 93-minute episode can be heard on demand and for free at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is here.

#443526 - 01/26/11 04:29 PM Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

smile smile smile

#443546 - 01/26/11 09:13 PM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: JCLAG]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Cool! Arch Enemy rocks!

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#443565 - 01/26/11 11:48 PM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: Waya]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Agreed. smile

It was really sweet of Angela and Michael of Arch Enemy to show such support for Glory Is Noise and Radio Free Satan, and an unexpected treat to see in my inbox! Angela began her career as a journalist, and I know she supports the underground media a great deal. And that voice...wow!

#443570 - 01/27/11 01:29 AM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: JCLAG]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Oh yeah...her vocals are truly amazing. They put on a great show too.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#443581 - 01/27/11 07:27 AM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: Waya]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them live yet, but I hope to soon. They're touring this year in support of the upcoming album.

Here's some new press on this week's episode, written by none other than the guest himself smile :

http://carlbegai.com/2011/01/27/bringing-the-noise-with-joel-gausten/

#443643 - 01/27/11 09:09 PM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: JCLAG]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Sweet! The almighty Strapping Young Lad. coopdevil

~Anton LaVey

#443662 - 01/28/11 07:32 AM Re: Arch Enemy Endorses RFS! [Re: Waya]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Wait 'til the next episode...All-BLACK SABBATH edition with guest Bob Daisley!

#444502 - 02/07/11 07:26 AM Black Sabbath on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

February 7, 2011
For Immediate Release

Legendary Bassist Bob Daisley Discusses "Eternal Idol" Reissue on Black Sabbath Radio Special

On a very special episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes legendary bassist Bob Daisley (Blizzard Of Ozz/ Black Sabbath/ Rainbow/ Uriah Heep/ Gary Moore) for a discussion on Bob's time with Black Sabbath for the recording of their 1987 album, "The Eternal Idol." Joel and Bob also air the original Ray Gillen-vocal version of the "Eternal Idol" album - recently released after a 23-year wait - in its entirety. This 106-minute episode, which includes songs from Bob's work with Rainbow and Deep Purple/ex Black Sabbath singer Ian Gillan, can be listened to at this location: http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Released in 1987, "The Eternal Idol" was Black Sabbath's 13th album and the first to feature longtime vocalist Tony Martin. The album was originally recorded with vocalist Ray Gillen, who quit the band shortly after the initial sessions. Gillen would soon resurface alongside former Black Sabbath drummer Eric Singer (later in KISS) in the Hard Rock "supergroup," Badlands. Gillen died in 1993 of an AIDS-related illness at age 34.

Bob Daisley's 40-year career includes stints in such legendary Hard Rock/Metal acts as Rainbow, Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne's first solo band, Blizzard of Ozz. Daisley's lengthy songwriting credits with Osborne include composing the majority of the lyrics for "Suicide Solution," "Over The Mountain, "Crazy Train" and other early classics. He continued his work with Osbourne throughout the 1980s and into the '90s, playing on and/or writing lyrics for the albums "Bark At The Moon," "The Ultimate Sin," "No Rest For The Wicked" and "No More Tears." During his on-again, off-again relationship with Osbourne, Daisley also recorded many albums with former Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore and toured extensively with him.

Daisley has contributed to a wealth of additional recordings as bassist, lyricist and producer, including albums by Yngwie Malmsteen, Mother's Army, Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward and Living Loud with Ozzy/Uriah Heep drummer Lee Kerslake, Steve Morse of Deep Purple and singer Jimmy Barnes. In 2007, Daisley's band The Hoochie Coochie Men released the studio album "Danger: White Men Dancing," which featured appearances by Jon Lord and Ian Gillan of Deep Purple. Daisley has also appeared in several music-related books, including Joel Gausten's 2010 release, "From Satan to Sabbath: The Metal Interviews 2000-2009."

#444720 - 02/09/11 09:34 AM non-RFS streaming [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Blabbermouth.net is currently streaming the entire Black Sabbath episode of Glory Is Noise. Thought to mention it in case anyone is reluctant to have the "Radio Free Satan" site open at work:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153626

#444766 - 02/09/11 03:02 PM Eric Singer (KISS) on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

A bit of late-breaking news:

I'm busily putting together a special Gary Moore tribute episode of Glory Is Noise (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html) for Monday, February 14.

Bob Daisley, who played bass for Gary in the '80s, has offered to come on the show again for this episode to talk about Gary. We're getting on the phone tomorrow night.

Also, I just heard from Eric Singer (KISS), who is going to be participating in this episode as well, probably by writing something exclusively for the show that I can read on the air. It was really nice hearing from Eric again, despite the shitty circumstances that led to this upcoming episode in the first place.

More info on this episode to come.

#445096 - 02/14/11 07:08 AM Remembering Gary [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

February 14, 2011
For Immediate Release

Bob Daisley, Eric Singer Featured on "Glory Is Noise" Gary Moore Tribute

On a very special episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten pays tribute to late Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore (1952 - 2011) by playing some of his favorite music by the recently-departed legend, including Thin Lizzy's classic 1979 album "Black Rose" in its entirety. This episode also includes a new interview with returning "Glory Is Noise" guest Bob Daisley (Ozzy Osbourne/ Rainbow/ Black Sabbath/ Gary Moore), who shares some personal memories of working with Gary. Additionally, Joel reads a statement written specifically for this broadcast by Eric Singer (KISS/ Black Sabbath/ Gary Moore) and plays a special recorded tribute message by former Bolt Thrower/Benediction frontman David Ingram. The 96-minute episode can be heard at this location: http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

#445665 - 02/21/11 09:35 AM HAIL STRYPER! (?) [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

February 21, 2011
For Immediate Release

Ex Bolt Thrower, Pigface Members Take On Stryper

Christian Rock band Stryper's controversial decision to record songs by secular artists (Black Sabbath, Kiss, etc.) on their new album "The Covering" has prompted a fierce debate between Radio Free Satan DJs David Ingram (Bolt Thrower / Benediction) and Joel Gausten (Pigface / Electric Frankenstein / Effectonhate). Now, the argument has been taken to the airwaves in the first-ever "Stryper Simulcast."

Gausten, who calls Stryper's new release "the first great Metal album of 2011," devotes the entire new episode of his online show, "Glory Is Noise," to the band's latest opus. Ingram, meanwhile, takes a decidedly dimmer view of the album on the latest episode of his show, "Metal Breakfast Radio."

"After just one play of Stryper's 'The Covering,' all the beer in the Metal Breakfast Radio fridge turned sour and every guitar in the studio de-tuned by an octave," describes Ingram. "Divine intervention? No...it's just a batch of bad beer, a few shoddy strings and a load of old cobblers."

"Stryper is worthy of profound respect," counters Gausten. "Three cheers to the Bros. Sweet and company for taking an unexpected direction on their latest - and, dare I say, greatest - album. The Yellow and Black Attack is back! Hail the mighty Stryper!"

Those who wish to join this "ultimate battle between Good and Evil" can listen to Glory Is Noise's Stryper tribute at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The Stryper edition of Metal Breakfast Radio can be heard at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/metal_breakfast_radio.html.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists.

Hosted by Dave Ingram and Donovan Spenceley, "Metal Breakfast Radio" plays new, mostly underground bands, with the hosts giving their opinion of the submitted music as they hear it for the very first time. Opinions are honest, and often scathing, but all in good humor. With occasional guests, special episodes and lots of frosty ales quaffed, Metal Breakfast Radio has been likened to "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" for Metalheads.

#445924 - 02/24/11 12:03 PM Update [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

For those keeping score at home:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/156822

It's rewarding whenever a news site deems it appropriate to cover RFS and Glory Is Noise - but downright awesome when they decide to play along with a goof. smile

Edited by JCLAG (02/24/11 12:03 PM)

#446344 - 03/01/11 09:17 AM We Have a Winner! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

http://www.bravewords.com/news/157126

smile

All silliness aside, this "Stryper Simulcast" stunt has generated a nice amount of press for RFS, as reflected in our recent numbers.

For the uninitiated: www.radiofreesatan.com

#446349 - 03/01/11 10:52 AM Re: We Have a Winner! [Re: JCLAG]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

It's been a while. It's good to hear that Mickey can still scream like a girl. grin

#446363 - 03/01/11 01:23 PM Re: We Have a Winner! [Re: JCLAG]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
That's rubbish!
smile

#446365 - 03/01/11 01:57 PM Re: We Have a Winner! [Re: $lesk]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Heh heh...

#446366 - 03/01/11 01:58 PM Re: We Have a Winner! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Talented guy. Nobody can take that away from him.

#446840 - 03/07/11 07:02 AM RFS Gets CRASS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

March 7, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Radio Show Gets Crass with Steve Ignorant

On the latest episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes former Crass singer Steve Ignorant for a discussion on Steve's upcoming American tour (dubbed "The Last Supper: Crass Songs 1977-1984"), the "Crassical Collection" reissue series and the band's lasting influence on alternative culture. The hour-long episode can be heard free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Formed in 1977 by Steve Ignorant and Penny Rimbaud, Crass were an English punk band that promoted anarchism as a political ideology, way of living and resistance movement. Crass popularized the seminal Anarcho-Punk movement and advocated direct action, animal rights and environmentalism. The band both utilized and advocated a "Do It Yourself" approach by running their own record label as well as producing sound collages, graphics, albums and films. Crass also criticized and attempted to subvert the dominant culture with messages promoting feminism, anti-racism, anti-war and anti-globalization. During their controversial existence, Crass had their phones tapped, were raised as a question of national security in Parliament and even conned a teen magazine into distributing their subversive message as a cover-mounted flexi-disc. Crass disbanded in 1984; to date, the band has sold approximately 1.5 million records without mainstream support or recognition.

"The Last Supper" tour finds Ignorant performing Crass material with a full band including guitarist Gizz Butt (English Dogs/The Prodigy), bassist Bob Butler (The Tone/Schwartzneggar), drummer Spike T. Smith (The Damned/Conflict/Killing Joke/Morrissey) and female singer "Carol."

Ignorant has also just published his autobiography, The Rest Is Propaganda, which tells the story of his upbringing in the wilds of East London, and how he escaped a life on the factory floor, formed Crass with Penny Rimbaud and became "Steve Ignorant."

#447858 - 03/21/11 02:42 PM Hades/Non-Fiction Special [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

March 21, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Radio Show Airs Hades/Non-Fiction Special

On the current episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes singer Alan Tecchio and guitarist Dan Lorenzo, both of the legendary New Jersey Metal bands Hades and Non-Fiction, to discuss Hades' upcoming reunion show and new live DVD. In addition to classic Hades and Non-Fiction tunes, the show features music from Tecchio's bands Autumn Hour and Watchtower and Lorenzo's side project, The Cursed. The entire 138-minute episode can be heard free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

A Garden State institution for three decades, Hades released their debut album, "Resisting Success," in 1987. That album (as well as 1988's "If At First You Don't Succeed") remains a high-water mark of American Thrash music. Since ceasing as a full-time band in 1989, Hades has reformed and recorded new material on several occasions; their latest studio album, "DamNation," was released in 2001. Hades is set to perform their only scheduled U.S. show of 2011 this Saturday, March 26 at Dingbatz in Clifton, NJ. Hades will be joined onstage by former Manowar guitarist Ross "The Boss" Friedman to perform a song off the first Manowar album.

Hades' previous American reunion show, performed in April 2010, is documented on the just-released DVD, "Reunited & Re-Ignited," available at www.danlorenzo.net/merchandise.html. The DVD also includes footage of Non-Fiction's reunion show at Dingbatz in November 2009. Additionally, Tecchio and Lorenzo are featured in Joel Gausten's latest book, "From Satan to Sabbath: The Metal Interviews 2000-2009," alongside past/present members of KISS, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath. More information on the book is available at www.gaustenbooks.com.

Edited by JCLAG (03/21/11 02:45 PM)

#448686 - 04/03/11 11:43 PM Preview of 4/11 Episode [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

#449200 - 04/11/11 09:45 AM Hail Peter! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

April 11, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Airs Two-Hour PETER STEELE Tribute

On a very special edition of the "Glory Is Noise" radio show, host Joel Gausten (Electric Frankenstein/Pigface/Effectionhate) joins his wife Shannon Gausten (Effectionhate) in paying tribute to Type O Negative frontman Peter Steele, who passed away one year ago this Thursday. In addition to sharing personal memories of Peter and his music, the Gaustens play music from all seven Type O Negative albums as well as tunes from Steele's two albums with the legendary Thrash band, Carnivore. The two-hour episode can be heard at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists.

#449547 - 04/15/11 09:08 AM Additional Sites [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

For anyone who is reluctant to have "Radio Free Satan" open at work or elsewhere, the Peter Steele episode is also streaming at the sites below:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/160166

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156845

#449870 - 04/19/11 07:07 AM Bruce Roehrs Fundraiser [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

April 19, 2011
For Immediate Release

Glory Is Noise Radio Show Honors Bruce Roehrs

On a special edition of the Glory Is Noise online radio show, host Joel Gausten pays tribute to late Maximum Rocknroll columnist Bruce Roehrs (1950-2010) by playing some of Bruces favorite music (including Agnostic Fronts classic 1984 album Victim In Pain in its entirety) and discussing ways that listening can donate to the Bruce Roehrs Memorial Fund to help secure his permanent resting place. The episode is available now through May 15 at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Bruce was the kind of music writer I've always strived to be, Gausten says. His passion and enthusiasm for underground music was unparalleled, and I will never forget opening a copy of Maximum Rocknroll in the mid 90s and seeing his rave review of one of my earliest records. Bands throughout the world have Bruce to thank for their first real exposure, and it is time for all of us to pay our respects and support his Memorial Fund.

Edited by JCLAG (04/19/11 07:08 AM)

#451604 - 05/09/11 05:06 PM Summer Sabbath [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Coming this Summer: Special "Black Sabbath Master of Reality 40th Anniversary" episode of Glory Is Noise with special guest/co-host BILL WARD!

Stay tuned to the show's Facebook Page for more info. and announcements as the air date approaches.

#451628 - 05/09/11 11:57 PM It's ALIVE!!! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

May 10, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Airs Three-Hour ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN Retrospective

On the latest episode of the "Glory Is Noise" radio show, host Joel Gausten offers a three-hour 20th Anniversary Retrospective of New Jersey-based Punk Rock N Roll legends Electric Frankenstein (EF) with music from every lineup of the band that ever hit the studio. This episode also features tunes from EF side projects Kung Fu Killers and Maggott SS as well as an extensive interview with EF founder Sal Canzonieri. The episode can be heard free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Formed by guitarist Sal Canzonieri in 1991, Electric Frankenstein has built a worldwide reputation as one of the most active bands in music history. Boasting 100+ releases on such labels as Victory, Estrus and Mans Ruin, the band has shared the stage with a vast array of bands including Social Distortion, The Damned, Marilyn Manson and Monster Magnet. The bands many hardcore fans include Metallica frontman James Hetfield, who famously told Metal Hammer, The only band that gets me off my ass to go see live is Electric Frankenstein.

The band's music has been featured in video games such as Tony Hawk's Underground, television shows such as Viva La Bam, The X-Files and Dawson's Creek and movies such as Signs and American Psycho 2. Known as much for their love of horror imagery as they are for their high-powered music, Electric Frankenstein regularly enlist such celebrated artists as Coop, Frank Kozik, Johnny Ace, Dirty Donny and Art Chantry to create their album and poster art. These and other artists were featured prominently in "Electric Frankenstein: High-Energy Punk Rock & Roll Poster Art," a full book of the bands art published by Dark Horse in 2004. An Electric Frankenstein comic book, created by legendary DC/Marvel artist Mike Hoffman, was published in 2008.

Electric Frankenstein is currently performing in support of two new releases: "High Voltage Rock N Roll" (a best of collection of 19 songs) and a split CD with The Hip Priests. Physical copies of both releases are available at http://www.zodiackillerrecords.com/releases.html. Digital versions are available at iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/electric-frankenstein/id7383882. Upcoming Electric Frankenstein releases include a split project with Doomcharge, the latest band from former Bolt Thrower / Benediction frontman, David Ingram.

Former members of Electric Frankenstein include Donato Canzonieri (Christian Death / Shadow Project), Jim Foster (Adrenalin O.D.), Howie Pyro (Danzig / D Generation), Scott Wilkins (Verbal Abuse), Joel Gausten (Pigface / The Undead), Carl Porcaro and Sean OBrien of Killing Time and current Misfits drummer Eric Goat Arce. In addition to Canzonieri, Electric Frankenstein's current lineup includes longtime singer/guitarist Steve Miller, drummer Mike Lincoln and bassist Drew Benfante. Lincoln also serves as drummer for The Victims, the New Jersey Punk band known for being the only non-Misfits/Samhain-related band ever released on Glenn Danzigs Plan 9 Records. More information is available at the Official Electric Frankenstein website, http://www.electricfrankenstein.com/.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

#452088 - 05/16/11 05:56 PM Bill Ward & Other Guests [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

GLORY IS NOISE: http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html

Upcoming GLORY IS NOISE Episode/Guest Schedule - May/June 2011*

Episode 19 (Week of May 16)
On this episode, Joel welcomes veteran producer, performer and sound engineer Lee Popa (Rolling Stones/ Queen/ Cheap Trick/ Ministry/ Killing Joke/ Pinksideofthemoon/ Pigface/ KMFDM/ Danzig/ The Damned) for a lively discussion on some of Lee's many adventures in the music business.

Episode 20 (Week of May 30)
On this episode, Joel welcomes original Killing Joke album artist and Malicious Damage Records head Mike Coles for a discussion on the long-running label as well as Mike's work with Killing Joke, Shriekback, The Orb and other artists.

Episode 21 (Week of June 13)
On the episode, Joel welcomes Death Metal legend David Ingram (Bolt Thrower /Benediction/Downlord) for a discussion on David's long-running music career as well as his work as the host of two online radio shows, "Metal Breakfast Radio" and "Lambert's Basement."

Episode 22 (Week of June 27)
On this very special episode, Joel welcomes legendary Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward for a discussion on the 40th anniversary of Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality" album, the reissue of the band's 1983 "Born Again' album and Bill's ongoing work with veterans charities.

*Note that air dates are subject to change. The most current broadcast information is always available at our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts

Edited by JCLAG (05/16/11 05:57 PM)

#452117 - 05/17/11 11:56 AM Hail Lee! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

May 17, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Welcomes Legendary Sound Engineer/Producer Lee Popa

On the latest episode of the 'Glory Is Noise" radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes veteran producer, performer and sound engineer Lee Popa (Rolling Stones/ Queen/ Cheap Trick/ Ministry/ Killing Joke/ Pinksideofthemoon/ Pigface/ KMFDM/ Danzig/ The Damned) for a lively discussion on some of Lee's many adventures in the music business. The 133-minute episode is available free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

A primary figure in the Industrial Rock scene since the late 1980s, Popa served as live engineer for Ministrys legendary 1989/1990 The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste tour (as documented on the 1990 live album, In Case You Didnt Feel Like Showing Up) and Killing Jokes 1990/1991 Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions tour (as documented on the 2007 compilation, Inside Extremities, Mixes, Rehearsals & Live). In addition to being an early member of the infamous PIGFACE, Popas extensive resume as a remixer/producer/sound engineer includes work with TOOL, LIVING COLOUR, KORN, PRONG, WHITE ZOMBIE, DANZIG, KMFDM, QUEEN, BAD BRAINS and BUSH, among countless others. Most recently, Lee and his wife Jolee recorded original music under the moniker, pinksideofthemoon. An extensive Lee Popa discography is available at http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lee+Popa?noanv=1.

#453078 - 05/30/11 10:15 PM Malicious Music [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

May 30, 2011
For Immediate Release

"Glory Is Noise" Explores Malicious Damage

On a special episode of the "Glory Is Noise" radio show, host Joel Gausten presents a two-hour overview of legendary underground U.K. label, Malicious Damage Records. In addition to playing a variety of artists from the Malicious Damage roster, Joel welcomes label head and artist Mike Coles for an in-depth interview. The episode is available free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Founded in 1979, Malicious Damage was the first home of cult legends Killing Joke and is the long-running visual playground of famed graphic artist, Mike Coles. After a prolonged hiatus, Coles resurrected Malicious Damage with the 2004 release of the five-CD Killing Joke box set, Chaos For Breakfast. Malicious Damage's current roster includes Shriekback, The Orb, NIC (featuring Ted Parsons of Prong/Swans fame), Headcount, Transmission (featuring Youth and Big Paul Ferguson of Killing Joke) and many others. The label's latest release, Vertical Smile's Sex Drugs & Leisure, was released today (May 30). More information is available at www.maliciousdamage.biz.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

Edited by JCLAG (05/30/11 10:39 PM)

#454008 - 06/13/11 09:56 AM Satanist to Satanist [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

June 13, 2011
For Immediate Release

Former BOLT THROWER Singer Remembers CHUCK SCHULDINER, PETER STEELE on Glory Is Noise Radio Show

On the latest episode of the "Glory Is Noise" online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes former Bolt Thrower/Benediction frontman Dave Ingram for a discussion on his lengthy musical career as well as his work as host of the online radio shows Metal Breakfast Radio and Lambert's Basement. Ingram opens up on a variety of topics, including his thoughts on late Type O Negative/Carnivore frontman Peter Steele and his personal experiences touring with late Death leader Chuck Schuldiner. The 105-minute episode, which features classic tracks by Bolt Thrower and Benediction as well as tunes from Ingram's other musical projects (Downlord, Doomcharge, Banned Aid), is available free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Originally from Birmingham, England, Ingram replaced future Napalm Death singer Mark Barney Greenway in the UK Metal band Benediction in 1990. From 1998 to 2004, he served as a member of the legendary Bolt Thrower, performing on the 2002 album, Honour Valour Pride. Ingram's more recent bands/projects include Doomcharge and Banned Aid. More information is available at Ingram's website, www.darksentinel.dk.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

#455028 - 06/28/11 08:33 PM RFS Black Sabbath Special w/BILL WARD [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

June 28, 2011
For Immediate Release

Black Sabbaths Bill Ward Discusses Master of Reality, Born Again Albums on Glory Is Noise

On a very special episode of the Glory Is Noise online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes legendary Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward for a discussion on the upcoming 40th anniversary of Sabbath's Master Of Reality" record, the recent deluxe re-release of the band's 1983 album "Born Again" and Bill's ongoing work with charities. The 62-minute episode can be heard for free and on demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

Released in July 1971, Master of Reality was Black Sabbaths third album and spawned such Metal classics as Sweet Leaf, Children Of The Grave and Into The Void. Considered by many to be the best title in Sabbaths lengthy discography, Master Of Reality was re-released in 2009 in a special two-CD edition complete with nine previously-unreleased recordings from the original album sessions.

Released in 1983, Born Again was the only Black Sabbath album to feature celebrated Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan and (to date) the last of the bands studio albums to feature Ward. A longtime treasure among hardcore Sabbath fans, Born Again was re-released in the spring of 2011 as a special two-CD set featuring a 1983 live performance from the Reading Festival.

A founding member of Black Sabbath, Bill Ward played drums on the bands first nine albums before departing in 1980 to begin an ultimately-successful battle against addiction. After briefly returning to Black Sabbath in 1983 for the Born Again sessions, he left the band again to pursue a solo project that has so far produced two albums (1990s Ward One: Along The Way and 1997s When The Bough Breaks). He rejoined Black Sabbath for a reunion of the original lineup in 1997 and has remained with the band ever since. In 2002, he released Straws, a special CD single sold to raise funds for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, the Alice Faith Mittelman Foundation, the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation and the National Veterans Foundation. In addition, Ward has appeared in several music-related books, including Joel Gausten's 2010 release, From Satan to Sabbath: The Metal Interviews 2000-2009, available at http://stores.lulu.com/joelgausten.

Ive interviewed hundreds of musicians over the years, but none are as warm, friendly and insightful as Bill Ward, Gausten says. It is always a profound honor for me to hear him share his perspectives on undoubtedly the greatest Metal band of all time.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an
eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

#455054 - 06/29/11 07:21 AM Re: RFS Black Sabbath Special w/BILL WARD [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

The episode is also streaming at the link below, for those who may not want to have "Radio Free SATAN" open at work or elsewhere:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160040

#455072 - 06/29/11 01:20 PM Re: RFS Black Sabbath Special w/BILL WARD [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Just listened and I enjoyed every minute of this episode. His remarks and answers got my attention right off. I'd say the risk paid off quite well.

#455079 - 06/29/11 03:33 PM Re: RFS Black Sabbath Special w/BILL WARD [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you very much! I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Bill's a remarkable guest.

Stick around for my next episode in two weeks...I'll be breaking out some Misfits demos. smile

#455805 - 07/11/11 08:39 PM A Chequered Past [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

July 11, 2011
For Immediate Release

Previously Unheard Misfits Demo Featured on Glory Is Noise

On a special episode of the Glory Is Noise online radio show, host Joel Gausten dips into his own discography and plays some of his favorite tracks from his 25-year history behind the drums. In addition to playing tracks by The Undead, Electric Frankenstein, The Fiendz and others, Joel airs a previously-unheard Misfits rehearsal demo of London Dungeon recorded in 1995. The complete episode can be heard at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

This rough demo version of London Dungeon was recorded in February 1995 at the Misfit's rehearsal compound in New Jersey and features Jerry Only on bass, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein on guitar and Gausten on drums. Unlike the Misfits demos posted by Gausten at http://www.myspace.com/gaustenmusic (which feature Eric Weiss on vocals), this recording of London Dungeon features a singer known only as Sherman. The song was recorded on 8-track by future Misfits drummer Dr. Chud, several months prior to Michale Graves becoming the band's official singer. At the time of the recording, Gausten had been serving as one of the band's fill-in rehearsal drummers while the band was auditioning vocalists.

#455808 - 07/11/11 09:13 PM Re: A Chequered Past [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

I'm all over this.

Bravo!

HS!

#457078 - 08/01/11 09:21 AM 35 Years of L.A. Punk [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

August 1, 2011
For Immediate Release

Glory Is Noise Airs Three-Hour Celebration of L.A. Punk

On a three-hour edition of the Glory Is Noise online radio show (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html), host Joel Gausten celebrates 35 years of Los Angeles Punk with special guests Dim Wanker (F-Word!/Thrasher Cadillac), Paul Roessler (The Screamers/Twisted Roots/45 Grave/The Deadbeats), David O. Jones (Magnolia Thunderpussy/Carnage Asada/The Deadbeats), Dave Travis (Carnage Asada/filmmaker, A History Lesson Parts One) and Loren Molinare (The Dogs/Little Caesar). The show is now available for free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.)

A staple of the Los Angeles music scene for 35 years, Dim Wanker was a founding member of first-wave West Coast punks, F-Word! The bands 1978 album, Like It Or Not, was the first-ever full-length album released by a California Punk band. In addition to pursuing a solo project, Wanker is currently a member of the band Thrasher Cadillac and will soon re-record select F-Word! classics with a new project featuring bassist Dan Canzonieri (Electric Frankenstein/Shadow Project) and Glory is Noise host Gausten on drums.

Paul Roessler was a prominent member of the L.A. punk scene during the late 1970s and '80s, playing keyboards in such bands as The Screamers, Twisted Roots, 45 Grave, Nervous Gender, Geza X and the Mommymen, Nina Hagen and The Deadbeats. Additionally, he created a rock opera entitled "Burnt Church" with Jeff Parker. In addition to performing as a member of the reformed Deadbeats, Roessler recently participated in a live reunion of the classic lineup of Twisted Roots, including Germs/Foo Fighters guitarist Pat Smear and Roesslers sister, bassist Kira (Black Flag/Dos).

An active musician since the early '80s, David O. Jones has worked with a vast array of artists including Magnolia Thunderpussy, El Vez, Carnage Asada, Alice Bag and The Deadbeats. He is currently finishing his first book, Destroy All Music, which chronicles the earliest bands of the Los Angeles Punk scene.

Musician and filmmaker Dave Travis lengthy resume includes shooting the infamous video for Black Flags Slip It In and co-producing spoken word projects for Jack Brewer of Saccharine Trust and Exene Cervenka of X. A longtime member of the band Carnage Asada, Travis recently released his first DVD, A History Lesson Part One, which presents live footage of The Minutemen, Twisted Roots, The Metal Puppets and Redd Kross filmed in 1984.

A working musician since the late '60s, Loren Molinare is the longtime singer/guitarist for The Dogs, who found notoriety in the late 70s Los Angeles Punk scene after forming in Detroit a decade earlier. Molinare is perhaps best known in Hard Rock/Metal circles as a member of Little Caesar, whose 1990 self-titled, Bob Rock-produced album featured their hit rendition of Aretha Franklins Chain Of Fools.

Edited by JCLAG (08/01/11 09:22 AM)

#458137 - 08/14/11 06:03 PM Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Due to some recent (and very positive) changes on the professional front, as well as a desire to devote more time to other creative endeavors, I have decided to take a hiatus from producing Glory Is Noise.

My deepest thanks to everyone who listened to and regularly supported the show, as well as to BraveWords.com, BlabberMouth.net and other sites that often publicized (and sometimes streamed) the show to the masses.

Thanks to Radio Free Satan Program Director Tiberia Nine, who gave me the opportunity to create a show my way, without boundaries or restrictions.

Thanks to my better half, Shannon, who served as my long-suffered technical assistant and, for our Peter Steele tribute episode, my co-host.

Thanks to the many special guests and contributors for making Glory Is Noise what it was:

Mr. Bill Ward, Eric Singer, Bob Daisley, Bobby Steele, Gitane DeMone, Zara Kand, Duckie Rodriguez, Troy Gregory, Martin Atkins, Richard Lloyd, Carl Begai, Mike Coles, Lee Popa, Dan Lorenzo, Alan Tecchio, Paul Roessler, Sal Canzonieri, Dim Wanker, Dave Ingram, David O. Jones, Dave Travis, Loren Molinare and Steve Ignorant.

The biggest thanks of all to my first-ever guest and one of the most supportive friends Ive ever known, Steve Zing, who signed on to do Glory Is Noise when it was nothing more than an idea in an email.

I plan to eventually post the interview segments from the episodes up on YouTube, but this is on the bottom of a rather long to do list and will take some time to accomplish.

Its my sincere hope that followers of Glory Is Noise will continue to support Radio Free Satan and other media entities functioning completely under the stream of listener funding. This is the truest form of media we have in this world. Dont neglect it.

Future plans on my end include publishing the expanded 5th Anniversary Edition of Tales Of Horror: The History of The Misfits & The Undead later this year, as well as participating in a new music project with old friends Dim Wanker (F-Word) and Dan Canzonieri (Electric Frankenstein/Shadow Project). Stay tuned.

Again, thanks to everyone who supported Glory Is Noise!

- Joel

Edited by JCLAG (08/14/11 06:09 PM)

#458140 - 08/14/11 06:10 PM Re: Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Give 'em hell, Warlock Gausten.

Thank you, for the shows.

HS!

#458160 - 08/14/11 11:11 PM Re: Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
As a new CoS Member, that can now post in this forum, l want to thank you Warlock Gausten for Glory Is Noise. Glory Is Noise is what introduced me to Radio Free Satan and your published books. I love your interview style on Glory Is Noise and of course the music and love reading your books (the ones l have bought so far anyway).

During your Hiatus l will miss Glory Is Noise but l know that whatever you do, it will be worth waiting for. I will continue to listen to RFS as l now enjoy many other programs and l will keep an eye out for your future endevours. I'm especisally waiting for "Albums that (Should've) Changed the World"...

Hail Satan
Midnight

#458175 - 08/15/11 09:19 AM Re: Hiatus [Re: Midnight]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you for the words of support! Best to you!

#458176 - 08/15/11 09:20 AM Re: Hiatus [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you! Best of luck with you own adventures in Radioland.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12200 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406068 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements