Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#434468 - 10/07/10 06:49 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: PriestNocturnum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: WarlockNocturnum

I say Gene should be honored by all of us as a de facto member.

I am not sure if I have said that same thing on the forum...but I have said it off line many times. And people say there is no one for the kids to look up to these days...

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#435497 - 10/19/10 10:23 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
On a side note, Gene Simmons is now at war with Anonymous (4chan). Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance against them. As of today, genesimmons.com is unavailable.

Read more here: Simmons gets haxored.

#435509 - 10/19/10 02:29 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Article
Simmons has made unsympathetic statements over the past few years toward people who download or share music files for free. That apparently got Anonymous' goat, and they targeted Simmons' website, Genesimmons.com, in a campaign called "Operation Payback" featuring a pirate ship reminiscent of The Pirate Bay logo.

This kind of thing is absurd and hideously unacceptable. The Internet is far too vital a tool to allow these types of socially irresponsible criminals and worthless egalitarian idealists to wield this much power or influence over it. I truly hope that we see an increasingly greater crack down on the sort of thing by law enforcement and that these idiots suffer and rot as a result of their own repulsive actions.

#437075 - 11/05/10 01:57 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
KISS was an old childhood favorite of mine. I recall being in grade school buying KISS cards (like baseball cards with chewing gum) and seeing the KISS pinball game in arcades. The old KISS toys, makeup sets, and DC comics -- all wonderful memories that I still cherish. The Destroyer album was the first KISS record I was introduced to as a child with classic Gene Simmons songs like "God of Thunder" (actually written by Paul Stanley) and "Great Expectations."

Speaking from experience, I agree that KISS has always been a great live act. About 1986 I went to the Asylum tour, which was actually my first metal concert. I thought W.A.S.P. was loud when they opened the show, but there was no comparison to the volume that KISS used. But as they say, if it's too loud, you're too old. I saw KISS for the Crazy Nights tour in 1988 with Ted Nugent as the opener. Of course, I have nothing but respect for Mr. Nugent, but he was no match for Gene Simmons and KISS.

It goes without saying that KISS has influenced countless eighties bands such as Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, etc. as well as later outfits like Marilyn Manson. Still, although these groups have some merit on their own, they are still imitations.

From "Calling Dr. Love" to "Psycho Circus" .......Hail KISS! and Hail Gene Simmons!

Edited by ColemanCollins (11/05/10 01:59 PM)

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12013 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM