Topic Options
#435532 - 10/19/10 04:58 PM Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Lets see how long this temple of abstinence stays open for. Without generous donations being made, I say the gates will close for good.

Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy

#435551 - 10/19/10 07:11 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Who knows, they may suprise us and remain opened. These people have been known for pulling rabbits out of their asses before.

Shit Lamar Says

#435556 - 10/19/10 07:34 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
This would be a very tactical time to impose point two of Pentagonal Revisionism upon such entities.

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#435569 - 10/19/10 09:00 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
I hope that the thing is bulldozed just like the houses that were taken by the city to build that ugly thing...

#435572 - 10/19/10 09:09 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Lust Offline

I have been prospecting for potential areas to move a sales force into and have been looking over unemployment figures by state. As high as California's unemployment rate is, it is a wonder that any of the high profile churches remain open for business. At least some of these folks are smart enough to keep their money.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#435575 - 10/19/10 09:23 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Pablovilla]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: paul_r
I hope that the thing is bulldozed

There's no need to ruin an architectural marvel over it. The church organization should merely be forced to sell it to cover their debts, then I think it would make a lovely natural-light film studio or perhaps the world's largest and poetically just orgy-dome. Come come come to the Crystal Cathedral Cunnilingus Convention!

I like the sound of it, it rolls off your tongue. coopdevil

#435576 - 10/19/10 09:39 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Delta]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Delta

There's no need to ruin an architectural marvel over it. The church organization should merely be forced to sell it to cover their debts, then I think it would make a lovely natural-light film studio or perhaps the world's largest and poetically just orgy-dome. Come come come to the Crystal Cathedral Cunnilingus Convention!

Make that happen. devilchili

Make Caligula proud! smile
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#435578 - 10/19/10 10:02 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Delta]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama

Sounds like a party out in Cali. Now that's the best reason ever to go to Church! witch

Shit Lamar Says

#435620 - 10/20/10 05:56 AM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Lamar Drummer]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
I love religious monuments, the Goth, the solidarity, ...Saint Pauls of London,- the majesty, art, opulence, antiquity, Technology.....castles built on fairytales........

Edited by munt (10/20/10 07:20 AM)

#435654 - 10/20/10 11:04 AM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Lamar Drummer
Who knows, they may suprise us and remain opened. These people have been known for pulling rabbits out of their asses before.

They will be granted Bankruptcy. They will be dicharged of their debts. The Government will eagerly allow this to happen. Not to mention the Christian Lobby. James Dobson and the folks from the 700 club are probably suffering similar pains. Uncle Sam wears a great big Good Guy Badge, and the 1st Amendment will be breached for the Holy Robber Barons.

#435658 - 10/20/10 11:18 AM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Perhaps you haven't heard, but the present government in the US is not exactly xtian friendly.

The xtian lobby is not what it used to be, and has no sway with the present US regime.

There is no First Amendment breach with this. The bankruptcy laws apply to them in the same manner they apply to everyone else.

They are filing under Chapter 11.

Chapter 11 means the debtor remains in possession of the business and in control of operations while it reorganizes its finances.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#435679 - 10/20/10 02:53 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: munt]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
I love religious monuments, the Goth, the solidarity, ...Saint Pauls of London,- the majesty, art, opulence, antiquity, Technology.....castles built on fairytales........

This glass temple actually looks more like a large business centre with kitschy statues around. It's a bit unfair to compare this nasty building to beatiful gothic cathedrals.

#435692 - 10/20/10 04:22 PM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Phineas]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Magister, I do admit I should have done some research. I hear Bankruptcy and I think Chapter 7. As far as the 1st Amendment, I was just bitching and moaning. The church does not pay taxes, but will ask for help. It must be nice to have it both ways.

And. Although the current Government does not have the same open door policy of the last, they still knock loudly.

With an election year, and sour approval ratings, I don't see them being ignored.

#435737 - 10/21/10 02:47 AM Re: Crystal Cathedral Files for Bankruptcy [Re: Lust]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

Make that happen. devilchili

Make Caligula proud! smile

That brings many things to mind:

They can keep the people in the church that are against sex, and use them as Vestal Virgins.

On Fridays have an Orgy to Bacchus involving lots of drinking and sex. After all there are many that would enjoy drunken orgies. Many already do this on Fridays and Saturdays, and then go to church to beg for forgiveness.

There are many other things that the church oppressed that can be done for the other days of the week as well.

Edited by paul_r (10/21/10 02:50 AM)

Forum Stats
12108 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405523 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements