Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#435736 - 10/21/10 02:34 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: JayLucif]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Originally Posted By: JayLucif
You better be careful with that laughing there buddy boy. grin

Well if you actually look at all the wild hairy 2012 theories, the notion is that in 2012 when the current Solar systems planets fully align an unknown and mysterious Planet X arrives from completely out of nowhere totally fooling all the worlds Astronomers and Astrophysicists. This event as some of these people claim will cause the large magnetic field from Planet X to pull the Earths Polar Magnetic fields which will cause the Earths fields to reverse and change the rotation of the Earth around the Sun and within the Solar system as well, creating all kinds of chaos and havoc upon the simpering cowering Humans on Earth. The story goes the seas will become land and the land will become seas, some sort of silliness.

Since when has the magnetic poles moving changed anything other than the direction that a compass needle points anyways? Do these people know anything about inertia? The earth is spinning and because of that it can't flip, that is no more than a gyro can easily be turned. Also there is the other thing, how massive the earth is, it would take something much more powerful than a weak magnetic field to have any effect at all. F=MA or A=F/M

Also something to keep in mind the magnetic poles are moving all the time, but slowly, and just a guess here but it would not be any surprise if the particles put out by the sun that cause the northern lights, and same in the southern pole cause the magnetic poles of the earth to move more than any planet many times the distance of the earth to the sun. That is unless that planet were many times more massive than the sun and that is illogical to say that least that such a thing could exist.

I don't worry about underwear gnomes stealing my socks, and I'm not going to worry about some planet that the Hubble can't even see having any effect on the earth.

#435763 - 10/21/10 08:27 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: verszou]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Originally Posted By: verszou

Now this is all of course all assumption as I have yet to find one source in the Astronomy field that even says such a Planet X exists, if it does exist Astronomers are doing a horrible job of not finding it but quick. We need a fast track space program to blow that sucker up before the world comes to an end, maybe we can get Bruce Willis to Play the Space Hero for real this time. wink

It is actually not a bad idea to get something like that up and running, not for Planet X, but for other bodies that may collide with Earth before we get into space. This kind of program would not be a bad idea, but getting politicians on board to support such a necessary program, is a whole other game. Maybe some of these end of world theories might actually get those politicians to lazy or shortsighted to act move in a necessary positive way, towards a program that could avoid a world wide disaster.

I recently heard Phil Plait (The Bad Astronomer) talk about it on the skeptics guide to the universe. His claim was that NASA would not be able to move fast enough if there was an "Armageddon" scenario.

I tend to agree as well that putting a worthwhile program together to meet possible dangers of other bodies such as large asteroids hitting the earth, an extinction level event type of asteroid.

The post here I made was all tongue in cheek, I was kind of taking a stab at some modern movies, about the silly notion about fast track programs to save all of Humanity in the last fleeting moments. I was also taking a stab at the wild hairy conspiracy theories and even the Human Messiah complex as well.

There is always an unforeseen chance of any number of strange and odd things from the Universe to cause most or even all life on Earth to be destroyed. My post was an intent to break the ice, if Humans reach a point of an event of massive proportions, the most people could drive towards would be personal self survival for as long as possible and with those around themselves they care about. There are always fleeting chances there could be a Gama Ray burst relatively close to this solar system and fry everything living on the face of the planet, but again it is all like everything else, an assumption. I guess it all comes down to what is really important for personal survival, and what will work towards that personal survival. Anything beyond that really is beyond personal control. Sometimes one just has to let go and flow with the way the water is moving. Moving against the current of what might be versus what currently is, this kind of thing is pointless and will leave one going nowhere anyway.

But trying to second guess what may or may not happen on 2012, makes as much sense as how some groups of people reacted to the possibility of a world wide technology break down over the Y2k scare. It is just all inflated fear, panic, and paranoia. Let those type of things rule the day and one would not want to walk out their front doors, when going through that door might be necessary to survive.

I have no intention of dying willingly if that death can be avoided, but there is always a chance walking down the street, that walk could be my very last walk as well. The end of world stuff if something happens, it will happen, if it does not happen, great I will give a toast to another story of Armageddon fooled again. Live life well enough, and with great intent and intensity, and an Individual will come out far more happier and productive versus what the wacky end of the Earth Sayers assume will happen.

"Live Long and Prosper"

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#435766 - 10/21/10 08:40 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Pablovilla]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: paul_r
You better be careful with that laughing there buddy boy. grin

Well if you actually look at all the wild hairy 2012 theories, the notion is that in 2012 when the current Solar systems planets fully align an unknown and mysterious Planet X arrives from completely out of nowhere totally fooling all the worlds Astronomers and Astrophysicists. This event as some of these people claim will cause the large magnetic field from Planet X to pull the Earths Polar Magnetic fields which will cause the Earths fields to reverse and change the rotation of the Earth around the Sun and within the Solar system as well, creating all kinds of chaos and havoc upon the simpering cowering Humans on Earth. The story goes the seas will become land and the land will become seas, some sort of silliness.

Since when has the magnetic poles moving changed anything other than the direction that a compass needle points anyways? Do these people know anything about inertia? The earth is spinning and because of that it can't flip, that is no more than a gyro can easily be turned. Also there is the other thing, how massive the earth is, it would take something much more powerful than a weak magnetic field to have any effect at all. F=MA or A=F/M

Also something to keep in mind the magnetic poles are moving all the time, but slowly, and just a guess here but it would not be any surprise if the particles put out by the sun that cause the northern lights, and same in the southern pole cause the magnetic poles of the earth to move more than any planet many times the distance of the earth to the sun. That is unless that planet were many times more massive than the sun and that is illogical to say that least that such a thing could exist.

I don't worry about underwear gnomes stealing my socks, and I'm not going to worry about some planet that the Hubble can't even see having any effect on the earth.

I would not know as I have very little knowledge in regards to Physics and the areas of Quantum mechanics that might make such an large object do something that would alter a planets' gravitational field and/or that planets' electromagnetic field. I was shooting from the hip from the theories of the End of Earth Days sooth Sayers, about the possible 2012 scenarios. I was not trying to assume these ideas where true, correct, or even accurate, my post was all tongue in cheek, not to be taken seriously.

Message boards make it rather difficult while being somewhat sarcastic, or making a post in jest of some very weak information.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

#435832 - 10/21/10 09:23 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Discipline]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

There goes my doomsday party.

Why can't we have a doomsday party every now and then?

Multiple doomsdays -- multiple parties! What an opportunity!

Remember to take other people's bets for doomsday while you're at it! devilchili

#435837 - 10/21/10 09:57 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
I kinda figured out that when the Mayan calender "ends", it probably means that it cycles over again, like ours does every 356 days.

But it's fun to watch all of the doomsday people run around like idiots. I like a good show! What Satanist doesn't?
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#435862 - 10/22/10 03:56 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: TrojZyr]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
Back in 1999, I observed five main (often overlapping) types of Doomsday-sayers:

There's a sixth type, whose driving impulse strikes a chord for me, despite its obvious irrational element:

6) Bored with Western civilization, they hope a meltdown of the system will make daily life more exciting by making it more dangerous.

Trust me, I see the applicability of the well known dictum, "Be careful what you wish for." Yet something in me perks up and trembles with anticipation when I think of a reality where the problems aren't economic but biological, how to breathe, how to eat, how to drink, how not to bleed to death, how not to be crushed like a bug. I see the irrational element very clearly, yet the impulse is there.

What interests me at the moment is to what extent the 2012 meme will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. A worldwide expectation that something very dramatic may happen could cause, through subconscious mechanisms, something very dramatic to happen. 2012 is different from 2000 or 2001. 2012 has its own mythology. 2012 is a core symbol for many of the New Age paradigms. Anyone who believes in super-human entities of any kind is willing to believe that these entities are planning something for 2012. These super-human entities may have no objective existence but their subjective existence is very real and spans the infected psyche from its murkiest depths to its sunniest heights. What psycho-dynamics will begin to unfold when the calendar says 2012? Time will tell.

#435887 - 10/22/10 08:43 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Machismo]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Huh... I'm proud to be none of those. smile

I just work through this muck of what the doom-sayers would call "miserable existence", and turn it into something I like.

I'm quite happy today as well actually. It's the month of October and my birthday is right after Halloween.

Edited by LordOfDarkness (10/22/10 09:46 AM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#435888 - 10/22/10 08:51 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Isabel23]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Hell yeah! I was just talking with my girlfriend about having a field party next year. That will be awsome!

A party with a doomsday theme is actually a pretty good idea.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#435939 - 10/22/10 07:22 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
Magick Offline

Loc: NorCal
There's a lot more going on than just the end of the Mayan calendar. A good read might be "Planet X Forecast And 2012 Survival Guide" by Masters and Manning. witch

#435962 - 10/23/10 03:19 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness

And my twin sister's idea of turning 34 apparently. grin

I am a very sympathetic sibling though. I sent her an appropriate soundtrack.

Doomsdaying sounds fun, I'll bring the cupcakes!

(What does it say about me that I translate everything into cupcakes?)
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#435964 - 10/23/10 03:22 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Shade]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Tell her to be happy, she outlived Jesus!

EDIT: How are there no Jesus Cupcakes online? Thousands of Devil Cupcakes but no Jesus Cupcakes. I guess at some point we won?

#435966 - 10/23/10 03:32 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Delta]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
HAHAHAHAHA! I'll put that on a t-shirt for her. In glitter puffy paint. grin

Originally Posted By: Delta
How are there no Jesus Cupcakes online? Thousands of Devil Cupcakes but no Jesus Cupcakes. I guess at some point we won?

Ha! No cupcakes for you, losers! My cupcake is better than yours. grin

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#435973 - 10/23/10 05:29 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Shade]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Shade

Those are truly epic cupcakes smile

#435974 - 10/23/10 06:11 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Delta]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Delta
EDIT: How are there no Jesus Cupcakes online?

Specially baked for the Rapture -

Attachments
Christ on a Cupcake.jpg

#435975 - 10/23/10 06:32 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Shade]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Shade
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness

And my twin sister's idea of turning 34 apparently. grin

I am a very sympathetic sibling though. I sent her an appropriate soundtrack.

(What does it say about me that I translate everything into cupcakes?)

You know if you do interesting ideas like that on Cupcakes, you could start a business. It is already being done on doughnuts, why not cupcakes?

I'll take a dozen of the Alien Design please. coopdevil

I love me some E.T.s at least the ideas behind their supposed abilities are hell of allot more interesting than most Humans on this dirt ball planet.

Beam me up Scotty!!! jack

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406053 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements