Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#436143 - 10/24/10 07:40 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: munt]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: munt
Apparently we will be surrounded by the bodies of billions of resurrected, unsaved individuals for five months.
Might be a stink over this.

Yes. Quite the stink.

Attachments
zombies.jpg

#436145 - 10/24/10 08:45 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: TrojZyr]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
Yes, religions and myths have often been the inspiration for artistic, scientific, and technological advancement and refinement throughout human history--though, to be sure, other sources of inspiration also exist, and religion and myths have sometimes inspired people to flee or suppress advancement or progress, as well. It's a double-edged sword

Of course every religion and ideology can be used to create and to destroy. Even benign religion can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of ruthless people, this is why we have terrorist attacks.

Some cults are, however by their nature more dangerous than others, for example, apocaliptic sects that encourage their followers to commit suicide.

#436160 - 10/25/10 01:11 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: munt]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
Unfortunately the world is now ending on 21st oct 2011.

[url=ebiblefellowship,.com/may21/index.html]ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

Apparently we will be surrounded by the bodies of billions of resurrected, unsaved individuals for five months.

Judgement day is 4 days after my birthday? Pfft, then I'm having one hell of a birthday party. Groucho Marx made the best toast possible for that kind of situation..."Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there."

#436161 - 10/25/10 01:28 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: munt]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Best part:

Originally Posted By: Christian Idiots
1988 AD—This year ended the church age and began the great tribulation period of 23 years (13,000 years from creation).

Because the last 22 years have been SOOOOO hard on Christianity. vomit

#436179 - 10/25/10 09:23 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Riddles]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Riddles
Unfortunately the world is now ending on 21st oct 2011.

[url=ebiblefellowship,.com/may21/index.html]ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

Ah, crap. There goes all my plans. wink

I was planning on a field party for my birthday. I guess not. smile

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#436181 - 10/25/10 09:50 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: anna

Some cults are, however by their nature more dangerous than others, for example, apocaliptic sects that encourage their followers to commit suicide.

Quite so. Some religions, sects, and cults, by virtue of their teachings, their organizational structure, or both, are either more likely to attract buggo people, or are more likely to encourage (or just fail to discourage) buggo behavior.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#436182 - 10/25/10 09:52 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Delta]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
7 BC—The year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).

33 AD—The year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation; 5023 calendar years from the flood).

This has always confused me. If this guy was born on 7 BC, and he lived for 33 years, then should 26 AD be his exact year of death?

Originally Posted By: 2 Thessalonians 1:8,9
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Sounds like to me this "end of the world tribulation" is because he is killing those who do not worship and obey him.

This leaves one simple yet crucial point; whatever this "God" is and by whatever name it has, it lacks the ability to give itself value. I guess the writers didn't think of that.

Edited by LordofDarkness (10/25/10 09:56 AM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#436206 - 10/25/10 01:57 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
anna Offline

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
Quote:
7 BC—The year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).

33 AD—The year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation; 5023 calendar years from the flood).

This has always confused me. If this guy was born on 7 BC, and he lived for 33 years, then should 26 AD be his exact year of death?

I'm not sure, I think this is because later the day of His birth was counted as a year 0.

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
Originally Posted By: 2 Thessalonians 1:8,9
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Sounds like to me this "end of the world tribulation" is because he is killing those who do not worship and obey him.

This leaves one simple yet crucial point; whatever this "God" is and by whatever name it has, it lacks the ability to give itself value. I guess the writers didn't think of that.

The torment in flames is figurative. Mind, it was written by Christians, for whom eternal hell is simply life without God. It is not a punishment but a free choice. Only to the right or to the left can the path be taken, none to the centre. I've read it somewhere, a very wise sentence.

#436211 - 10/25/10 02:57 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: anna]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: anna

The torment in flames is figurative. Mind, it was written by Christians, for whom eternal hell is simply life without God. It is not a punishment but a free choice. Only to the right or to the left can the path be taken, none to the centre. I've read it somewhere, a very wise sentence.

I've been confused on the Christian view of Hell. From where I live they shout that Hell is eternal unending punishment. Your saying that all Hell is, is life without God?

Shit Lamar Says

#436213 - 10/25/10 03:10 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Lamar Drummer]
anna Offline

For sure. Punishment is a very subjective thing.

#436227 - 10/25/10 05:45 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

There's no precise chronology regarding Jesus's birth or death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#Chronology

#436262 - 10/26/10 08:43 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: reprobate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for that response Reprobate. smile

#436309 - 10/26/10 09:42 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: reprobate]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: reprobate
Quote:

There's no precise chronology regarding Jesus's birth or death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#Chronology

There is no precision to Jesus in general. Nope.

Shit Lamar Says

#436319 - 10/27/10 12:30 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Lamar Drummer]
ookiesoup Offline

Loc: N. Y. USA
devilchiliIt depends On how full the author's bong was at the time!

#436359 - 10/27/10 02:01 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: reprobate]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
There's really no empirical evidence regarding Jesus. Period.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements