Topic Options
#436253 - 10/26/10 03:47 AM could somone answere me this.
CRASH Offline

im new to the magical world. id like to be part of the Church of Satan. i live in Illinois. now who and what do i do to get statered in this new religion that id much love to indoulage upon? my gf is kinda hesitate to let me go threw with this seeing as shes a practicing wiccan. yet she will support me in my disstion either way but id still like to ez her mind if you know what i mean. so if you have any tips for me on that account that too would be helpful.

#436259 - 10/26/10 07:30 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
No civilian policing.

Edited by LKRice (10/27/10 02:58 AM)

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#436261 - 10/26/10 08:37 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: CRASH
now who and what do i do to get statered in this new religion that id much love to indoulage upon?

I would suggest that you would purchase The Satanic Bible at your nearest bookstore. Preferably Barnes & Noble.

That is the first and foremost objective you must accomplish.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#436303 - 10/26/10 08:11 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
With the suggestion of first reading The Satanic Bible before you even decide you want to call yourself a Satanist, let alone join the Church of Satan I would also suggest that you work on your spelling, grammar and general typing skills. I am not trying to be a dick here but how you conduct and represent yourself, even on the internet, means something - especially around here. I am by no means an English major but, well... like Nibas, the first thing I thought when reading your initial post was "TROLL!!!"

HTS.

#436307 - 10/26/10 09:26 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'd say, take off your mittens before you type.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#436321 - 10/27/10 02:06 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Cryptodelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Don't give the poster such a bad time, at least the kat haz lurned tew type, and keyboards aren't designed for feline paws after all.

L P S Clock: 10:30

#436325 - 10/27/10 03:14 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Riddles Offline

Loc: Maryland
The first step is clear: read the literature. Even if we were inclined to fill you in (I'm not), it is really the only way to get a clear view of Satanism. In addition to "The Satanic Bible" (it's very cheap), I would also recommend reading High Priest Peter H. Gilmore's "The Satanic Scriptures" and also the material on the Church of Satan website. "The Devil's Notebook", "Satan Speaks!", "The Satanic Rituals", "The Church of Satan", and "The Secret Life of a Satanist" should also be on your reading list. Magister James D. Sass and Magister Nemo have also written essay collections on Satanism . If you feel like this is for you, then "The Satanic Witch" is essential reading. It will definitely help with putting the theory into practice.

Second step? If you understand the literature and recognize yourself as a Satanist, joining the Church is an option (and "option" is the keyword here). I'm not a moderator or a priest, so per board rules, I can't really tell you how (I'm not even a member yet).

Ask your girlfriend to read the literature too. I've heard of quite a few Satanists who are ex-Wiccans.

Word of advice: first impressions are important.

"Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

#436326 - 10/27/10 03:25 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
Hopefully you've already read and identified with the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey. Otherwise there is no real point in calling yourself a Satanist. That being said, you might consider showing your girlfriend your copy of The Satanic Witch (by Anton Szandor LaVey) to give her a better understanding of your perspective.

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#436334 - 10/27/10 07:30 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: Zsche]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
I would like to express my apologies to Priestess LKRice and all other moderators for my civilian policing of this thread. Duly noted and understood - “When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.”

Regarding my original post - I appear to be hasty in articulating my opinion especially when I sense incompetence. I will attempt to convey my personal opinions and advice in a more tactful manner in the future when someone with apparent limited knowledge makes an inquiry.

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#436346 - 10/27/10 10:58 AM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: Zsche]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
The interweb gods have given us even a better way. It's called the "Ignore" button. It can be found in each user's profile.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#436357 - 10/27/10 01:40 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
CRASH,

Just to chime in, I'm sure that if you discover that you truly are a Satanist, you are not going to allow anything to stymie your Satanic endeavors.

Secondly, if your girlfriend is truly right for you, I'm certain that you will be able to work out any conflicts of religious beliefs with her.

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#436358 - 10/27/10 01:58 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
Since your typing skills have already been drawn into question, I will refrain from mentioning them again grin

One of the fundamental things that I feel I should mention is once reading as much literature as possible be completely honest with yourself. Do you see yourself reflected back in what your reading? These are questions only you can answer so I would encourage not only reading The Satanic Bible but also try to gain an understanding.

Satanism is far more than a system of magic. It is a way of life.

#436360 - 10/27/10 02:08 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: CRASH]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: CRASH
im new to the magical world. id like to be part of the church of Satan. i live in Illinois. now who and what do i do to get statered in this new religion that id much love to indoulage upon? my gf is kinda hesitate to let me go threw with this seeing as shes a practicing wiccan. yet she will support me in my disstion either way but id still like to ez her mind if you know what i mean. so if you have any tips for me on that account that too would be helpful.

I would suggest learning English before you endeavor to understand or apply any philosophy.

Go buy a dictionary and some grammar books. Taking your intellectual capacities quite seriously is the first step on the road.

I'm being serious, not just being dickish: take yourself a little more seriously, educate yourself. You will find no religion that's more serious about intense education and personal potential than Satanism.

Satanism requires knowledge and being auto-didactic. If you can not pass those first two requirements then you'll never fit that bill.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#436372 - 10/27/10 06:31 PM Re: could somone answere me this. [Re: Insurgent]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
I think we've gotten adequate replies here, no need to continue being redundant. Locked.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements