Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#436362 - 10/27/10 02:35 PM Actroid-F
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
It seems that I-Robot and other robot themed movies are all slowly coming to be true.

Look here.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#436363 - 10/27/10 02:47 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
So much for the uncanny valley.

#436364 - 10/27/10 04:06 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
Lara Offline

Was just following up on the progress of robotic and remote surgery when you posted this.

Fascinating and frightening at the same time.

Also noticed that the majority of comments are variations of "She's hot/cute/sexy". (Like that's the amazing part.)

Men..grin

#436366 - 10/27/10 04:35 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Absolutely fascinating... smile

When I remember how my friend was programming one concrete sequence of movements of a robotic arm, how much efforts did it cost him and what amount of math he has needed... I can definitely appreciate this reactively moving 'being'.

The mimics are so close to resemble a real human face; I would probably mistake her for one if I saw her from certain distance.

Thank you for posting it, LordofDarkness, finally something interesting to read in this section. smile

#436375 - 10/27/10 07:38 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Now that's impressive.

Won't be long now.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#436376 - 10/27/10 08:18 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Marvelous! I am very pleased to see these advancements in robotics. We are just that much closer to Pentagonal Revisionism. I wonder how far along we will be in the next ten years.

#436378 - 10/27/10 10:53 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
WOW! Nice.

#436382 - 10/27/10 11:21 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
Personally -

I'd like to have a few dozen of these... Background dancers included.

Robot Pop Star

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#436409 - 10/28/10 05:38 AM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Interesting that I have yet to see a male version of one of these robots (makes the subliminal true purpose in the minds of the researches nice and transparent.. heh).

The myriad of possible applications of these things is what is TRULY interesting..

Just think of it - you walk into your local mall and ask an android sales assistant for some help. Instead of disinterest and apathy you are treated politely by staff who work for FREE and know where to find what you are looking for. Plus they have access to a full database of information on any and all products in the store without having to look a damn thing up..

Or how about how it would revolutionize the sex industry?! wink

Threatening to many (especially the useless and incompetent)..

The only thing that will fuck it all up is the inevitable Neo-Luddite backlash, and how to placate the armies of the newly made redudant humans that are too stupid to adapt (i.e. the vast majority of the herd).

Interesting times ahead I think.. I can't wait myself!

HS! coopdevil

#436424 - 10/28/10 10:25 AM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
PsychOff Offline

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with these robot themed films, meaning I find their predictions/theories incorrect; I enjoy the films, its nothing to do with taste. However films such as The Matrix, I-Robot and Surrogates take a very dualistic approach which I find lazy not based on current scientific fact.

AI orientated films jump to the conclusion of a metal dictatorship or big brother... AI is overwhelmingly misinterpreted in films and in general; the one thing AI cannot do is be creative, they cannot spawn metaphysical ideas like we can. Their "thinking" is still programmed by us, they cannot simulate out of the blue, we can simulate ON them, but they cannot do so alone.

Surrogates film with Bruce Willis is an interesting one but ignorant as well, to a certain extent: That we would be willing to live in a "metal-jacket" so to speak rather in our own flesh, true for those who are scared of the real world, some people never leave their homes, and how could they possibly then want to in a robot when they are intrinsically mentally scared of the real world? Then their is the suburbs of the film Surrogates, where robot-people are not allowed, only human flesh... and bizarrely its mostly Christians? I think it would be the reverse in my humble opinion.

Now, I highly doubt society as we predict in fiction, that we will physically refute robot slaves, workers, pets, etc. - I'm sure many will verbally protest, but like the internet bug, they'll get hooked, enslaved. Once robots become almost human like and mechanically trustworthy there are many scopes for which we can use them aside from the obvious: Sex slaves, house cleaners, bomb squads, nuclear facilities, safeguards on dangerous outgoings such as a mountain climbing, a personal entourage, firemen (firebots?), and many more I'm sure we can all think of if we put our minds to it.

Japan, being at the head of Robotics research and development were also concerned with giving their machines human like emotions, thinking it could be devastating, what they soon realized is that it is a necessary programming required if we are to use robots in our daily lives to communicate with our body and verbal language, it'll be more comfortable and fitting to our evolved kind. Computers read and write just zeros and ones, but programs you use use imagery and language that we can intuitively recognize. Apple understood this very well. - People are becoming more like machines, machines are becoming more like people.

I have much more to say but I have to catch a train. Hope I've put my thoughts to you clearly.^^

Hail Satan!

#436449 - 10/28/10 05:02 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: PsychOff]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: PsychOff
Their "thinking" is still programmed by us, they cannot simulate out of the blue, we can simulate ON them, but they cannot do so alone.

Currently true - but forever? Consider recent hints that human thought may operate at a quantum level, and then consider recent progress in quantum computing. I suspect the day may come when an AI starts to think about things that nobody programmed it to think about. When this happens, I suspect the AI's makers will be as surprised as everyone else - maybe more so. Underlying all this will be the mysteries of quantum mechanics.

#436455 - 10/28/10 06:05 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: PsychOff]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with these robot themed films, meaning I find their predictions/theories incorrect; I enjoy the films, its nothing to do with taste. However films such as The Matrix, I-Robot and Surrogates take a very dualistic approach which I find lazy not based on current scientific fact.

AI orientated films jump to the conclusion of a metal dictatorship or big brother... AI is overwhelmingly misinterpreted in films and in general; the one thing AI cannot do is be creative, they cannot spawn metaphysical ideas like we can. Their "thinking" is still programmed by us, they cannot simulate out of the blue, we can simulate ON them, but they cannot do so alone.

Surrogates film with Bruce Willis is an interesting one but ignorant as well, to a certain extent: That we would be willing to live in a "metal-jacket" so to speak rather in our own flesh, true for those who are scared of the real world, some people never leave their homes, and how could they possibly then want to in a robot when they are intrinsically mentally scared of the real world? Then their is the suburbs of the film Surrogates, where robot-people are not allowed, only human flesh... and bizarrely its mostly Christians? I think it would be the reverse in my humble opinion.

Now, I highly doubt society as we predict in fiction, that we will physically refute robot slaves, workers, pets, etc. - I'm sure many will verbally protest, but like the internet bug, they'll get hooked, enslaved. Once robots become almost human like and mechanically trustworthy there are many scopes for which we can use them aside from the obvious: Sex slaves, house cleaners, bomb squads, nuclear facilities, safeguards on dangerous outgoings such as a mountain climbing, a personal entourage, firemen (firebots?), and many more I'm sure we can all think of if we put our minds to it.

Japan, being at the head of Robotics research and development were also concerned with giving their machines human like emotions, thinking it could be devastating, what they soon realized is that it is a necessary programming required if we are to use robots in our daily lives to communicate with our body and verbal language, it'll be more comfortable and fitting to our evolved kind. Computers read and write just zeros and ones, but programs you use use imagery and language that we can intuitively recognize. Apple understood this very well. - People are becoming more like machines, machines are becoming more like people.

I have much more to say but I have to catch a train. Hope I've put my thoughts to you clearly.^^

Hail Satan!

I can see your point of argument. It makes alot of sense. But remember when we had simple robots that looked like spiders? At this time, the movie depiction of robots are currently nonexistent, but it wouldn't be too long until they will be off the hook and actually be like Bicentennial Man.

Before you know it, Terminator might be in action. Hasta La Vista, Baby! laugh

I thank all of you who have responded. I thought this would be interesting. You're most welcome Spelled Moon. smile

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#436525 - 10/29/10 02:07 PM Re: Actroid-F [Re: PsychOff]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
AI orientated films jump to the conclusion of a metal dictatorship or big brother... AI is overwhelmingly misinterpreted in films and in general; the one thing AI cannot do is be creative, they cannot spawn metaphysical ideas like we can.

I agree that most of these AI-related films unfortunately end up succumbing to the "evil robot take-over" fear. But even more importantly, a lot of the robot stories from fiction have instilled this bogus fear in people, which is what really slows down the robotic industry.

But I don't rule out the possibility of AI being "creative". We've already seen examples of that on some level, so I think it's only a matter of degree, and being able to define creativity and break it down into memes.

Once robots become almost human like and mechanically trustworthy there are many scopes for which we can use them aside from the obvious: Sex slaves, house cleaners, bomb squads, nuclear facilities, safeguards on dangerous outgoings such as a mountain climbing, a personal entourage, firemen (firebots?), and many more I'm sure we can all think of if we put our minds to it.

A robot does not have to be anthropomorphic to do those things. In fact, there already ARE such robots in use, never mind further development. Hell, I use this first one at home:

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#436584 - 10/30/10 01:24 AM Re: Actroid-F [Re: LordofDarkness]
ookiesoup Offline

Loc: N. Y. USA
Robotics in general, and the improvements in the technology is to me, anyway, completely natural. As creatures with a brain & opposible thumbs the building of these things is quite inevitable. To stop or even slow down this would simply be a perversion of our human nature.

#436612 - 10/30/10 08:50 AM Re: Actroid-F [Re: Bill_M]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

How long is the time period in between dumping what the Roomba picked up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements