Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#439422 - 12/05/10 02:32 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Now I ask you, if they were that clever would they really divulge all such information?

Oh, I don't know about that. It's not like anyone has given away the key that unlocks the secrets of the universe here, it's just a conversation that's mainly been about how Satanists deal with the herd. I've not read anything in this thread that isn't easily found in The Satanic Witch. After all, manipulation is the cornerstone of Lesser Magic.

Besides, reading information and understanding how to make it work for you are two separate things. One doesn't guarantee the other, that's been seen about a million times around here. smile

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#439478 - 12/06/10 02:12 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zsche]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: ColemanCollins
The military has given me a plethora of opportunities to employ sycophancy in varying degrees. By UCMJ I am required to respect rank, but I am not required to respect the person -- at least not internally.

Hear, hear! As a former soldier, I know exactly what you mean. Although I once had to remind my NCO that it was his rank I respected, not him (he couldn't make the distinction).

Originally Posted By: Delta
Yeah, how dare that degenerate scumfucker compliment you while doing his job? You were right to ignore him instead of saying "No thank you," and moving on. That'll show him to be nice and work for a living. That worthless asshole!

You read my mind. :P

Originally Posted By: Bruja
A couple of these a week and you've got yourself an army of people willing to go to bat for you when you need it, and everyone eventually needs it. The bank teller will always assist you in a speedy manner, the cashier at the store always brightens to see you, and your following sincerely WANTS to go out of their way for the person that makes them feel great when they least expect it. They don't forget, just as I don't forget when someone goes out of their way for me.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Having worked in both retail and restaurants, sycophancy is basically second nature these days. While I no longer work in a field dealing with customers of any sort, the same tactics helped me to establish my position and to get what I want from my current employer, as well as other areas of daily life.

#439781 - 12/09/10 12:02 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zsche]
ookiesoup Offline

Loc: N. Y. USA
Domination seems to be a vital part of almost every social animal's life. The strong dominate over the weak, and in Japan there's a species of monkey that dominates through "royal blood lines" and only they can go into the mineral springs to soothe themselves while the rest hang around the edges and freeze. All sycophancy is is domination taken to the cerebral level - the human level. It's a clever attribute of our brains.

#439785 - 12/09/10 12:22 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: ookiesoup]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> The strong dominate over the weak, and in Japan there's a species of monkey that dominates through "royal blood lines" <<

Christ on the crapper! In Japan they have a monkey serving as Monarch?

#439788 - 12/09/10 06:05 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

They are Japanese macaques and truly, they do have kind of primitive hierarchy. In volcanic hot springs, there bathe mainly mothers and children (who are of certain bloodlines), while one female usually sits on the edge and guards the lake so no one else can get in.

These ones. Primates are funny, fascinating creatures.

#439789 - 12/09/10 06:15 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Spelled Moon]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Yes I realise that, poppet.

But my implication was that a monkey rules the Japanese people. It was....

little joke. grin

But those monkeys even have Japanese faces. grin grin grin

#439790 - 12/09/10 06:23 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

I know, of course, and chuckled. smile

I wanted to specify the species of those monkeys, since ookiesoup has mentioned them. I find them interesting.

#439800 - 12/09/10 10:59 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Also, one must never forget the importance of "please" and "thank you." I've received a few requests for help with things over the years from people pursuing their publishing, musical or other media interests, and their requests often came off as demands, i.e. "Get (so and so) to write a review for me" or "Ask (so and so) to do a station ID for me while you're on the phone." I try to be helpful to people - Lord knows I've benefited greatly from the help of others - but I do expect just a little politeness along the way. And I have no problem telling the one making the request where to go if their inquiry reads more like an eviction notice from my landlord than a genuine request for assistance or input.

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#439822 - 12/09/10 07:18 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
People boasting of how clever they are at manipulating others.

It's funny, isn't it, UV, how as time goes by people may not get what they want but they certainly get what they deserve. For better or worse. I think you look good in your current position - and that isn't even sycophancy, that's just the natural destiny of he whom I once a long time ago pegged as a very plausible "Mike" in a possible LttD remake of "The Young Ones". wink

Anyway, with respects to the subject at hand, I think the key word is the ability to stay detached and not get emotional over whatever some random passer-by might throw at you. The security of being yourself in yourself shouldn't have to jump into any stance of defence just because the world is moving past you, monkeys and all. So they look at you and make funny noises. So what? Why should this touch your flaming core that is your sense of self? Don't identify with the monkeys. Have pity. They are wrteched creatures who are lost at sea. Engaging them in any kind of word exchange can only deplete your own powers, whatever they might be.

It pays to be polite and respectful, formal and proper. Even well dressed! Not so much because they deserve it as because you owe it to yourself to not get upset over how monkeys, dogs and cows behave. They can't help it. They're stupid. Retarded. You are the one in power and in being so it's your duty to be the leader and the one who's commanding the situation. So you must be responsible. Why would you let a retard decide how you should act? That makes no sense. If you're superior you act as you would towards a little child (within reason, of course). Whatever they may or may not think about you is immaterial. You are in control. You will the situation to progress in favour of your objectives.

Lesser or greater magic, whatever, at the end of the day they are intimately connected - and unless you can control yourself you can't possibly be so foolish that you think you can control anything outside of yourself. What is "luck" if not the minute margins that will work in your favour because you're already performing at the maximum capacity of your abilities? Unsatanic as it may sound - have a little faith. Have faith... in yourself. Not as an idea but as a feeling which is as real as a fucking earthquake.

Happy holidays, everyone.

#439848 - 12/10/10 02:09 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: JCLAG]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: JCLAG
Also, one must never forget the importance of "please" and "thank you." I've received a few requests for help with things over the years from people pursuing their publishing, musical or other media interests, and their requests often came off as demands, i.e. "Get (so and so) to write a review for me" or "Ask (so and so) to do a station ID for me while you're on the phone." I try to be helpful to people - Lord knows I've benefited greatly from the help of others - but I do expect just a little politeness along the way. And I have no problem telling the one making the request where to go if their inquiry reads more like an eviction notice from my landlord than a genuine request for assistance or input.

Indeed.

I should have added that I wasn't referring to anyone here. I meant some complete stranger who emails me through my website asking me to read their doings.

#439863 - 12/10/10 09:18 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Same here.

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#439982 - 12/11/10 08:16 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Bruja]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
People wanna come close. They are very needy.

You have to be very careful when you compliment or when you accept a compliment.

You don't wanna say nice hat and have to hear thre rest of it weeks later when you mat not have the time.

Compliments brings things to a personal level.

You have to be very fucking careful.

I find it always best to speak highly of thigs they like, keeping a healthy distance.

#439983 - 12/11/10 08:27 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: SINClair]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: SINClair
People wanna come close. They are very needy.

You have to be very careful when you compliment or when you accept a compliment.

You don't wanna say nice hat and have to hear thre rest of it weeks later when you mat not have the time.

Compliments brings things to a personal level.

You have to be very fucking careful.

I find it always best to speak highly of thigs they like, keeping a healthy distance.

Let's test that shall we?

Witch Bruja, your new Avatar picture is stunningly beautiful!

In 4 weeks we'll see if she cruelly assaults me with details of her beauty regiment. That would just ruin my day and I'll have nobody to blame but my myself for not being "very fucking careful". Oh dear lord she might even say thank you... What have I done??? WHAT HAVE I DONE?????????

#439984 - 12/11/10 08:38 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Delta]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
I'm not going to argue with you.

You are not a Satanist.

You think like the man who sells vegetables round the corner.

#439985 - 12/11/10 08:44 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: SINClair]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: SINClaire
I'm not going to argue with you.

You are not a Satanist.

You think like the man who sells vegetables round the corner.

I... I don't understand. Are you saying you won't buy my cabbage? Because it's good cabbage. Fresh, crisp, harvested from the gentle slopes of Guam by workers who are well paid. We don't even use insecticide, for Guam is a land without pests.

I think 3.99/Lb is a fair price for this cabbage. frown

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements